Multiplat Grand Theft Auto V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's moreso the fact that everyone has already played it. Just because you're a PC gamer doesn't mean you don't own other machines.

I'm aware of that and I know that you have played it. But all anyone is going on about is either how good it looks/how long people had to wait for it. I'm guilty of a little baiting as well. But I'm surprised that no one seemingly wants to talk about how god damn fun the game is.

That's why this thread is going to s**t.

I'm aware of that and I know that you have played it. But all anyone is going on about is either how good it looks/how long people had to wait for it. I'm guilty of a little baiting as well. But I'm surprised that no one seemingly wants to talk about how god damn fun the game is.

That's why this thread is going to s**t.

Well what is there to comment on? As far as I'm aware the PC version doesn't have any new gameplay content aside from the director mode. It's the same game we've all played, it just looks nicer and runs better. It's the natural discussion point :p

GTA online was so fun when it wasn't bugging the * out. for some reason bugs are a huge turn off for me, when those "ghost" security vans were popping up all over the place and then i couldn't play online without the game freezing due to cheaters abusing items or whatever i lost interest. i'd love to own it on PC but the bugs there would be unbelievable, not to mention a 500 gig 2 month installation time.. are the servers smooth now though?

Well what is there to comment on? As far as I'm aware the PC version doesn't have any new gameplay content aside from the director mode. It's the same game we've all played, it just looks nicer and runs better. It's the natural discussion point :p

I imagine a lot of the PC users who did play it, played it a long time ago so there are Online Heists at the very least that can be brought up for discussion.

There is also the first person mode for those who skipped the current gen version which is a whole new perspective for the game.

There's plenty to talk about, but everyone is avoiding it for some reason.

I imagine a lot of the PC users who did play it, played it a long time ago so there are Online Heists at the very least that can be brought up for discussion.

There is also the first person mode for those who skipped the current gen version which is a whole new perspective for the game.

There's plenty to talk about, but everyone is avoiding it for some reason.

Honestly it's at the point where I feel I can't make any comments about the new stuff or how it looks or anything without suffering a barrage of console-only gamers butting their heads in with some irrelevant fanboy nonsense. Claiming something is better than what was previously offered is akin to treason apparently. You're one of the good ones though, not aimed at you.

I think it looks amazing in first person and I'm running with quite a few options lowered. Really makes you appreciate the detail and effort that goes into these games. Would love to try it out with an Oculus.

Honestly it's at the point where I feel I can't make any comments about the new stuff or how it looks or anything without suffering a barrage of console-only gamers butting their heads in with some irrelevant fanboy nonsense. Claiming something is better than what was previously offered is akin to treason apparently. You're one of the good ones though, not aimed at you.

I think it looks amazing in first person and I'm running with quite a few options lowered. Really makes you appreciate the detail and effort that goes into these games. Would love to try it out with an Oculus.

first-person blowjob with Occulus.

old-spice-guy-nodding.gif

My comments weren't really aimed at you. I knew you had at least some experience on the 360/PS3 versions. I'm genuinely interested in the new stuff. There's a video creator feature and I heard that they are doing something interesting with custom sound tracks.

Does the game have Oculus support or is that something that will come via modding?

Love the look of it, but yet to get it 100% to my liking... how the graphics are for me now are kind of a cross between GTA IV on pc (which I thought were great... whereas others moaned about how dull it was until the ICEMod came along) and something more souped up. Having not played the PS4/XBO version, I can't say the pc version is 100% better than those versions BUT the leap from the 360 version to the pc version is massive.

I'm just satisfied with a high frame rate (currently have a mix of graphic options where the lowest is 59fps... it does drop to 44-45fps when I get in a car crash though :D, that's more to do with being in an accident in the game rather than the game buffering/stuttering/slowing to a crawl due to my system). I have tried other combinations that sacrifice some detail (I'm not as fussed if I don't see every individual grass particle) but net me a minimum 90fps and maximum of 190 fps.

Swimming in the water is really really cool. I rescued Michael's daughter on the jet ski and that looked amazing as well.

Suprised nobody has mentioned the fact the Rockstar have locked down the files to make modding incredibly difficult, if not impossible to do. A lot of the major modders have come out and said they aren't going to bother unless Rockstar make it easier which they won't because it will most likely allow hacked into GTA:O

Suprised nobody has mentioned the fact the Rockstar have locked down the files to make modding incredibly difficult, if not impossible to do. A lot of the major modders have come out and said they aren't going to bother unless Rockstar make it easier which they won't because it will most likely allow hacked into GTA:O

Read an article earlier with some other modders not thinking it'd be too difficult. One sure way to get people modding is to tell them they can't :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read an article earlier with some other modders not thinking it'd be too difficult. One sure way to get people modding is to tell them they can't :p
Apparently all the files are heavily encrypted.

I can honestly say I don't notice frame rates and graphics anywhere near as much as everyone else on here apparently
Me either mate.

It becomes second nature, while I've done my fair share of gaming on the computer over the years (wolfenstein 3d, doom, duke nukem 3d back in the day) I was not really a pc fanboy up until I built a pc back in 2010 and then started to play many games I already owned on the Xbox 360. Something like Arkham Asylum for example on console it played slow with 30 fps....... on pc it can be played at 60fps or above (my pc ran it at over 100 fps) making everything a lot faster and the combat flowed much better, making it more seamless.

GTA V on the 360 for me was very glitchy, patchy and slow. When driving it was more like an eyesore visually and also the driving itself was like watching a youtube video - stuttering all over the place (because of the low frame rate). The pc version makes GTA V like going from a Datsun 120Y to a Ferrari. The graphics are cleaner, the driving is ultra smooth and glitch free.

If you don't notice the framerate you can't be playing it at 60 or above. You simply can't not notice that.

I haven't played PC games for close to 10 years. Playing on console I don't notice framerates unless they drop and the game becomes slow and choppy. Besides that I honestly never pay attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back