Multiplat Grand Theft Auto V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are there disadvantages to getting the game on steam?
I'm not sure why people are paying a premium to get it on Steam. Why would you pay $35 more for an added layer of DRM? It launches through the social club regardless.

PS - thanks for beta testing the game, console friends

Srs. Just look at all the issues that are PC's issues. And consoles are the BETA testers. o_O

http://www.reddit.com/r/GTA/

*On a side note, I am not on either side of the console/PC debate, I use both.

Srs. Just look at all the issues that are PC's issues. And consoles are the BETA testers. o_O

http://www.reddit.com/r/GTA/

*On a side note, I am not on either side of the console/PC debate, I use both.

The downside to PCs is that there are a lot of variables........ hardware, drivers, operating systems, background apps..... there's a lot of s**t going on, and game devs can only test for so much. I've played it a fair bit so far and other than the odd graphical glitch it's been fine.

Have played 25 hours so far, I have read stories of others playing it for 60-120 hours - wowsers. I look at the time I spent gaming the past week (30 hours including 5 with Mortal Kombat X) and wonder what else i could have done with the time. Granted this is someone that has watched the 2014 AFL Grand Final so many times (at 3 hours per viewing) without caring - yet spending certain hours playing video games makes me a little uneasy (and I used to be someone that could play games for 6 hours a day minimum).

In contrast I had played 60-ish hours of Fifa 15 between the release and the end of the year. But have only played an additional 30 hours of it since then.

Anyway I am having fun playing both the single player story (doing many things I hadn't done in the previous time I ran through the story on the 360) and online.

I had frame rate issues on day 1, it kept on skipping like I was watching a youtube video attempting to buffer every half second. That went away and it has been glorious ever since. Have even avoided the crashes that occur during the Heists that has been reported over the last few days.

I am happy that I purchased it now, I would have called it the bargain of the century had I purchased it at the end of year Steam sale (should it be reduced to $20 or under).

Also keen to see how the game plays on "top end" systems in 3-5 years time. It'll probably look even sexier on better hardware.

Ok thinking of buying this game now its on PC. have a question though, got a handle on what the SP campaign is all about but I normally play these type of games for the multiplayer aspect. How are there servers for us Aussies ? Is there an end game or is it just driving around shooting people ?

So people have had their accounts hacked and unable to play the game. Apparently the customer service is just hanging up on people.

Didn't happen on console though, just sayin. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://kotaku.com/psa-update-your-rockstar-social-club-password-to-avoid-1698947138

As confirmed yesterday, the Rockstar Games Social Club has not been compromised. However, it appears that attempts have been made to access user accounts using email and password combinations from an unaffiliated, compromised website or database elsewhere on the internet. For the accounts affected, we are in the process of reverting those accounts back to their original owners. As a reminder, it is a good policy to ensure that the Rockstar Games Social Club account username and password is not shared across multiple websites on the internet.

As I said, stupid people.

if-you-use-7sutz3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back