HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
As some of you might already know, this week scientists made a huge discovery, finding the first evidence of 'gravitational waves' - a theory predicted by Abraham Lincoln nearly 200 years ago. What you may not know, is just what this discovery means.

A gravitational wave is a wave of gravity that can be found in the beaches of space. Astronomers and Cosmopologists around the world are hoping that with this discovery, a new door has been unlocked in space recreation. Planning has already begun to send the first surfer in to space to test these waves, while space biologists are scanning for signs of space fish swimming amongst the cosmic sea. It is understood that perhaps salmon could survive in the gravitational waves, and a date has been set to blast a herd of salmon in to space to see how they cope in the gravitational environment.
Dr. Herbert Spannerhead, leading researcher at the Spanish Provincial Association for Creating Exciting Fish In Space Happen (S.P.A.C.E.F.I.S.H), believes that by collecting information on this first colony of space fish, could pave the way for other marine species to be introduced in to space.
"It's an exciting time to be at SPACEFISH with the discovery of gravitational waves in the last week. For years I have dedicated my life to creating exciting fish for space, only to have nowhere to introduce them. With this discovery, we now have an environment with similar conditions to what they thrive in here on Earth to send them in to. It's been a dream of mine since I was a boy that I would one day introduce a species of salmon in to space, I never thought it would be possible until now."

Kelson Redfern has been selected as the first surfer to be sent in to space to ride the waves after a successful year which included back to back titles in the Switzerland Masters and the Bolivian Pro.
"It's going to be totally tubular, man. Can't wait to see what space has to offer, I've heard it's gonna be pretty harsh conditions up there bro with all the lack of oxygen and black holes and everything but I'm just looking forward to getting out there and catching some rad waves, dude."
Kelsons' story is an interesting one, at the age of seven he once walked in to his parents bedroom after cooking seventeen sausages by himself with the intention of sharing them with his mother and father. Upon walking in, he was shocked at what was unfolding in front of him.
"I remember I was in the kitchen, just cooking up these sausages, man and then I was like duuude... I cooked waaay too many sausages here man, I had better share these around and spread the love, you know. So I grabbed all these sausages and I took them upstairs to my parents room, I had a bit of difficulty opening the door while balancing these seventeen sausages on the plate man but I like finally managed to open the door dude and I was just spun out by what I had walked in to. My dad had taped a cd to his head and he was wrapped up in a roll of bubble wrap and he was like, spinning around in circles and stuff, then there was my mum on the other side of the room, and she was trying to fit her whole head in to a Milo tin while chanting Nicky Websters' 'Strawberry Kisses' in a German accent. I was just flipped out by the whole situation man. And that's pretty much how I got in to surfing."
Next time you look up to the stars at night, squint really closely, and you just might see young Kelson riding the gravitational waves with a herd of salmon. More news as it comes.

Pictured: An artists interpretation of what salmon may look like in space.
salmon%20in%20space_zpsakbjqq1d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back