Great AFL Quotes

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm to young to remember the 92 and 94 Grand Finals but two quotes or bits of commentary i love about the 2006 GF.

23 mins, last quarter: Quatermain - Kick smothered, CHICK, HUNTERRR!!! *crowd roar, EAGLES seal the GF*. Best one percenter I've seen, (largely biased)

31 mins: Hudson - Who would have though the sequel, would be just as good as the original. The West Coast Eagles are the premiers for 2006

Used to like Lou Richards much used line when a team was getting pumped in a game he was commentating on.

" I wouldn't want to be the comedian at the ( insert club being pansed ) after match function tonight".

I'm to young to remember the 92 and 94 Grand Finals but two quotes or bits of commentary i love about the 2006 GF.

23 mins, last quarter: Quatermain - Kick smothered, CHICK, HUNTERRR!!! *crowd roar, EAGLES seal the GF*. Best one percenter I've seen, (largely biased)

31 mins: Hudson - Who would have though the sequel, would be just as good as the original. The West Coast Eagles are the premiers for 2006
Can't believe it's already been 10 years.

They know we're coming. Carlton Football Club (apparently)

Here's another one

show_image.php

" i dunno if youse guys seen the olympics in the 80's or something but there was this chick that ran in a marathon and fair enough she came 10th or 20th or something but that's not the point, the poor bitch she actually ****in crawled to the line. She never gave up, she pushed herself to near exhaustion. That's what i need from you blokes"

- Some bloke on youtube giving a rev up at 3tr time to his local team

It's worth watching again. Be warned - there's some naughty words in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jump onto a train with my mate on the way to the 2014 Grand Final.
Old lady on the train said "Why bother wearing those colors you're not going to win".
Mate replies "Why do you care, you'll be dead before the game finishes".
funny but harsh. did she take it in good humor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back