Competition Greater western sydney *soccer* new a league club

Remove this Banner Ad

West_Coast_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Just watched ben buckleys press conference for the announcement of the new gws a league side. He said the supporters will design a jersey logo colors everything will be decided by the supporters. Should be interesting

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Well they can go with my old design if they want,

WesternSydneyA-LeagueFantasy.png

WesternSydneyA-LeagueAwayFantasy.png

*Note: design was made in 2008 so no relation to GWS Giants, nor Wests Tigers even though they existed and I support them.

I chose the colours (especially the pale orange) as they are and have been used many times in the Western Suburbs of Sydney (actual orange was taken from the now defunct Western Sydney Rams rugby union team).

West_Coast_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
So what's the go? How do you enter etc?

They only announced there would be a team there today. Which means bye bye gc united.

I would say just start coming up with designs \ logos & when the announce that they want entries ur ready 2 go. I would say they will not have a huge amount of time to choose as a league starts in september

He talks about here in
His press conference today http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/new-hyundai-a-league-club-for-western-sydney/46702

Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
'Red and Black' are the clear choice of the fans, so thats a good place to start.

These logos I did a little while ago.
I think 'West Sydney' should be part of the name, so just imagine that bit :).

SSTU.jpg

SR.jpg

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
The name (as well as colours, kits, and logos) are going to a public vote.

I presume red and black will unanimously win the colourway.

I'd like to see a circular, or non-bland shield (ala, the Brazil crest) for Western Sydney. I've no idea on the name though: Something engaging whilst still be classy and relevant to the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
The name (as well as colours, kits, and logos) are going to a public vote.

I presume red and black will unanimously win the colourway.

I'd like to see a circular, or non-bland shield (ala, the Brazil crest) for Western Sydney. I've no idea on the name though: Something engaging whilst still be classy and relevant to the area.

Yeah it will most likely be red and black.

As for a name I'd say that Rams, Rovers and Rangers would be up there in terms of either popularity or relevance to the area. Or go for the simple United, though with that name already in use it is probably unlikely.

Oh and definitely West Sydney, Western Sydney or Sydney, not Greater Western Sydney, lets not have that mistake again.

EDIT: Scratch United from the list (forgot about that bit of history), instead Wanderers seems to be quite popular, so add that to the list.

West_Coast_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah it will most likely be red and black.

As for a name I'd say that Rams, Rovers and Rangers would be up there in terms of either popularity or relevance to the area. Or go for the simple United, though with that name already in use it is probably unlikely.

Oh and definitely West Sydney, Western Sydney or Sydney, not Greater Western Sydney, lets not have that mistake again.

EDIT: Scratch United from the list (forgot about that bit of history), instead Wanderers seems to be quite popular, so add that to the list.

On the w theme. What about western sydney walkabouts?

coolknot

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourne Heart, Boston
They should be called Penrith Wolves FC or Penrith Stars FC. But since it's likely that their colours will red and black, I'm heading more towards the Wolves nickname. I think it would be silly if they're name had 'West' or 'Sydney'. They should use a name of a suburb.

Back