Greatest AFL photo ever taken

Remove this Banner Ad

ive tried to find it online for years without luck, but it probably exists.

stkilda vs footscray late 80's

plugger sitting on top of rick kennedy, tough man of the league, but in the foetal position, with plugger's clenched fist simply sitting on kennedy's ear, pushing his head into the ground. pushing. pushing.

the look on pluggers face. growling. the veins & bulging muscles in his arm. a monster.

it summed up plugger. dont mess with him. ive got it at home framed in black & white, purchased from the herald sun a year or two later.

I don't want to make myself look incredibly biased given it's my shot (in that case I probably have LOL) but here's one I took on Thursday night.

80,000 crowd, Thursday night at the G, panoramic. I did end up liking this shot.

ef3b1366d232a43499aef919bef53262_zps9ff70cb6.jpg

I don't want to make myself look incredibly biased given it's my shot (in that case I probably have LOL) but here's one I took on Thursday night.

80,000 crowd, Thursday night at the G, panoramic. I did end up liking this shot.

ef3b1366d232a43499aef919bef53262_zps9ff70cb6.jpg

That's actually a great photo.
Really encapsulates the magic of the G.

Third biggest crowd in VFL/AFL home and away history.

b83bbdec9dd640892c022520913070c1_zps29e7c871.jpg

Looks great, the other one was good too but the exposure of the lights was pretty harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Geelong 'supporter', why would you post that?
Looking at it subjectively from an artistic point of view it's brilliant, the caption was something like 'the agony and the ecstasy'
Sums up an epic match in one split second, despite his heroics Ablett's cats fall short whilst Langford is sheerly elated that the bell has gone in time to be victorious. Just a brilliant photograph.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back