Greece

Remove this Banner Ad

Greece are going for elections soon syriza hasn't lasted 6 months
We've now reached a stage of history where TNCs and financial institutions are more powerful than democratically elected governments - and FTAs with ISDS-type provisions will hasten this phenomenon.

Vale democracy.

Greece are going for elections soon syriza hasn't lasted 6 months

That's because Tsipras own party has revolted against him.
What he should do if he was a responsible leader, is to step down, and allow the party to replace him, like happens here in Australia.
Instead he is putting his ego ahead of everything else.
He proved he wasn't responsible when he wasted tens of millions getting the people to vote on the latest bailout, they said no, but he went and agreed to it anyway.

I keep saying this, but Greece needs the military to step in finally and clean these corrupt parasites out from every political corner and rat hole they are hiding in, and allow for the many highly educated Greeks abroad, especially in Europe, who are capable and willing to be involved in the political structure of Greece but have been kept at arms length by the corrupt system, to step up and help fix their country. There's no other way to get rid of them, as we have seen with the demise of the PASOK party which was one of the main two parties, many have just jumped ship into SYRIZA.

Will be a tense time for some of Greece's neighbors if Golden Dawn come to power though. I think some of them may start behaving like mature, responsible neighbors pretty quickly.

A Greek guy I work with told me his uncle who still lives in Greece had $100k stolen from his account by the banks in the days leading up to the so-called collapse.

It's universally better to always buy shares in banks vs. put money in banks. These pricks are a law unto themselves.

It's not even spring yet, and things in Greece are heating up again going to be a fun summer :fire:

56be6fe9c3618803318b45e7.jpg

56be6f7dc361881b2b8b4607.jpg

https://www.rt.com/news/332316-greece-eu-ultimatum-schengen/

Because it's Greece's fault that hundreds of thousands of refugees are trying to reach a better life away from the destructive and bloody war that the EU helped create in their country.
Because the EU giving billions after billions to Turkey, which is actively fuelling the war, and actively aiding the people smugglers and profiting from it, is Greece's fault.

https://www.rt.com/news/331886-erdogan-threatened-flood-migrants/

Nicely played Erdogan.

The old dude in the black jacket talking at around the 1min mark is saying basically that Tsipras fooled the people, he lied to them, and SYRIZA is doing the same s**t as previous corrupt governments.
Basically SAME ******* s**t DIFFERENT ******* LOGO.

If I was driving on of those tractors I'd be driving it straight through the Parliament.

Cretan farmers..lucky(or unfortunately) they turned up only with their walking sticks only...

Tsipras blew it. Varoufakis, and all those that left to form Popular Unity, understood the importance of saying No in the referendum, and Tsipras basically made it irrelevant.

Syriza has just become the replacement for Pasok. They won't last too long.

Yeh I was saying a while ago that SYRIZA is just PASOK with a new logo. There's even ex ND politicians in Syriza.
It's the same malakes just changing their logos. Even the biggest malaka of them all, Papandreou jnr, changed his logo with his Potami party.

There's not many alternatives left now for the people, in terms of political options.
Just the far right. Everything else has been tried and tested and failed. And the far right will fail too, if they take that option.
Slowly slowly inching closer to the inevitable..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which won't fix anything, because ND or Syriza will win again.

There is no short term solution, and protesting and rioting isn't a short term solution.
Greece isn't an unstable dictatorship held together by American CIA drug/gun/people smuggling dollars, so a few riots wont bring down the system. At best they will force a government to step down and fresh elections. Only for the system to repeat it self.
What all these riots are building up to though is a critical point where there wont be any choice but a revolution. There's not many choices left as I said, for a political option. The old faces, the old clans and families, just start new parties, which is all part of the same system. As much as things change on the surface, materially, in reality nothing changes.

We've gone from one side of politics to the other and back again numerous times. The end result of that was the left wing party PASOK basically being wiped out.
We've now gone to the far radical left. In the process, many from PASOK and some from ND, actually jumped ship to SYRIZA. Some far left radical party huh? Don't worry, there's enough communists and other deluded idiots within to still qualify it.
They've failed as a government and as a party.

Whose left exactly? Former PASOK leader Papandreou jnr's new party, Potami?
The *ed greens party?
The far right Golden Dawn nazis/nationalists(depending which side of the fence you sit on)?
Independent Greeks party which is in a government coalition at the moment with SYRIZA thus having failed as well?
Back to PASOK and ND?

Maybe ND.

But as I said, it's the same s**t all the time.
ND's leader is now Mitsotakis..his father was once PM of Greece.
You know who his older sister is? The former minister of foreign affairs, Dora Bakoyiannis.
And Mitsotakis jnr is just a dirty banker at the end of the day.

See the problem and why s**t hasn't changed in Greece after all these years?

And American's think they've got it bad with the Bush's and Clintons...

And they too will fail. Because they do not want to change the system.
Throughout the crisis these sons of bitches have maintained their own gravy train, they are still living it up like celebrities, while the people suffer more and more and living conditions continue to deteriorate.
These farmers aren't protesting because they've got nothing to do.
First they saw their livelihoods almost destroyed, and for many destroyed completely to be honest, with the EU's policies being implemented(long before the crisis in fact). And now they've been ****ed even harder by austerity, and lets not forget that Greece as part of the EU is forced to also enact the trade embargo on Russia.
Despite the fact that Russia was buying more and more agricultural products from Greece.
The Russians also want to build a pipeline through Greece, which will bring billions in annual royalties/revenue to the government, which is obviously badly needed. Again the EU *s Greece on this.

And then on top of that, they now want more austerity(what the actual * is there left to cut back on now?, virtually nothing), and more pension reforms..reforms of pension...in other words cut pensions back even further..from the very very little they are at the moment.

And those fat *s in Brussels sit there wondering and getting angry that the Greeks are protesting against them again? Saying the Greeks should be grateful that they've given them money?

Nobody protesting, and those protesting are the 99% majority, none of these people ever asked for your mother ******* dirty money.
Their kindred freemason piece of s**t "brothers" from the lodge asked for the money, but their "lodge brothers" aren't the ones being made to pay it back are they.

Don't be surprised when the tractors drive through the steel gates at government buildings, move the police buses out of the way, and drive straight through the god damn government offices.

As sad as it sounds to say, Greece still hasn't hit the bottom. Not far off, but not yet.

Last edited:
Something a little different, but still connected heavily with all the corruption and problems in Greece, something which most people probably don't know about but is a major problem, has been ignited again after the recent Greek Cup match between PAOK and Olympiacos.

What reignited it? The terrible, blatant and obvious cheating by the referee in the match. Read the below links/articles to understand what is going on, and see the connection between the corruption in Greek football, the billionaire shipping owner/heroin trafficker/match fixer/president of Olympiacos Mr Marinakis..and the general state of corruption in Greece..

Of course this isn't to excuse the violent reaction of the fans, but the violence is a direct result of the match fixing and corruption.
And no, it's not just other Greek clubs, but European clubs and commentators that are now picking up on whats going on, and it's being reported.
The more it's reported, the more people investigate it and dig into what's going on, the more pressure will build on the corrupt accomplices in UEFA and FIFA to do something about this fat piece of s**t gangster wannabe and the pieces of corrupt s**t in the Greek FA and government.

These pieces of s**t have fixed everything from lower division games, tribunal outcomes, media reports, transfers..you name it. The list is long, as is the list of their other criminal activities.

And while some celebrate the removal of Blatter and his replacement...heh, got news for those people.
One corrupt piece of s**t replaced by another corrupt piece of s**t.

The refereeing in the match was that appalling, people I've shown videos of it to have literally had jaw hitting the floor moments and said what the * how is that possible..my response? Welcome to Greece and the Greek league.

The boss of PAOK is outraged. He has called for the match to be replayed, with an international referee, and has said if the Greek FA can't pay for it, then he will out of his own pocket(like he has to pull the club out of debt), and that unless that happens, they wont be going to Athens for the second leg.

Finally someone is making a stand, too bad it's taken a Greek from Russia to get involved for it to finally happen. Hopefully he sees it through.

http://www.thepressproject.net/arti...is-and-the-press-that-refuses-to-report-on-it

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/...ght-on-olympiacos-has-opened-dangerous-ground

Matt Scott: UEFA's oversight on Olympiacos has opened dangerous ground
Published on Wednesday, 02 March 2016 10:50
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" Juvenal, Satires

"Who watches the watchmen?" This question, first posed by classical writers thousands of years ago, is perhaps one we would do well to ask ourselves now, as civil liberties hard won in the second millennium are gradually eroded in the third.

Still, this is a column about football, and it pains me to say that there is cause to ask the same question of our game today. I recently wrote here about what I saw as the unsuitability of Gianni Infantino for the FIFA president's position [see related article below]. Last Friday he won the vote to be elected, fair and square, after a very effective and impressive campaign.

The night before that election I had sent out a reminder on social media to the voters in the FIFA member associations that Olympiacos, a club involved in two separate criminal-corruption inquiries in the Greek justice system, had nevertheless been allowed in to European competition by Infantino's UEFA.

In one of these criminal inquiries, the club's president and owner, Evangelos Marinakis, is accused of being the boss of an organised-crime ring known as 'The System', which allegedly fixes matches in Greek football in order to guarantee Olympiacos victory. He is personally accused of ordering the bombing of the business premises belonging to a FIFA referee in the Greek league who had refused to do what The System had told him to do, which, when you think about it, is really quite chilling.

Olympiacos have won 17 of the last 19 titles and currently sit 18 points clear at the top of the Super League, having dropped only five points in their 24 games this campaign. But when I tweeted my reminder to FIFA voters, even I could not have anticipated what would happen during Olympiacos's Europa League match against Anderlecht in Piraeus that very night.

Over the 90 minutes of that match there were so many questionable refereeing decisions that went in Olympiacos's favour that the Belgian match commentator for RTL Sport felt obliged to question the integrity of the match officials. Having spoken out during the match commentary, and having slept on it, he was asked the following day if he thought the refereeing had been deliberately dodgy. "At the beginning, no, honestly at the start, no. The first few decisions were tough to take but you think it's possible for him to have got them wrong," said Delire.

"But then, when they all went the same way and they were just so flagrant, you had a doubt. And that became a suspicion. A suspicion that became, 'OK, now there's something that's not right.' And let's not forget that there is precedent involving Olympiacos, precedents that have been proven, phenomena of corruption, [with allegations that] they have bought four Greek-league titles... this referee was very, very doubtful."

Insideworldfootball tried to contact the referee, Northern Ireland's Arnold Hunter, on Monday to put these allegations to him via the Irish Football Association's communications director, Neil Brittain, but he has not returned the voicemail.

So what has this got to do with FIFA's new president? Well, rather a lot. Infantino was the general secretary of UEFA when Olympiacos were waved in to this season's European competitions. This matters because the investigations arm of UEFA's disciplinary processes is controlled from within the general secretary's office.

And the investigation it carried out into the match-fixing allegations at Olympiacos was, frankly, slapdash. It consisted of a letter to the Hellenic Football Federation – the local FA – several of whose highest officials are themselves at the centre of the criminal investigations before the Athens courts, and it wrote back to say, basically, 'Nothing to see here.'

Rather than pursue the matter more forcefully, UEFA chose to see nothing. I asked Infantino about this at the glitzy launch of his presidential campaign at Wembley. I asked how he could be satisfied with an investigation that was so appallingly vague, how the world could possibly have faith in his FIFA reforms when his own organisation had such a poor record on ethics. His answer was, well, appallingly vague. (And too rambling to insert here, although James Corbett from SportingIntelligence.com has diligently transcribed the tape in full, and from that I've taken the excerpt of my exchange with Infantino and pasted it below in case it is of interest.)

What Infantino did say in response to my question as to why the Olympiacos allegations were not prosecuted fully by UEFA is: "In Greece there is an investigation into the president of the club. That's all. There is no conviction, no decision, not enough."

The fact of the matter is, though, that there is plenty for UEFA to have gone on. Infantino is claiming that there needs to be a criminal conviction - on the basis of proof beyond reasonable doubt - before UEFA may act. But as he very well knows, there needs to be nothing of the sort: UEFA need only be "comfortably satisfied" that a club has been involved in match fixing to exclude them.

Here are the UEFA statutes on the matter: "If, on the basis of all the factual circumstances and information available to UEFA, UEFA concludes to its comfortable satisfaction that a club has been directly and/or indirectly involved since April 2007 in any activity aimed at arranging or influencing the outcome of a match at national or international level, UEFA will declare such club ineligible to participate in the competition."

Infantino has a law degree and of course he knows his own statutes. What he told me was at best disingenuous and deliberately misleading. Infantino went on to tell me he had personally referred the Greek match-fixing case to the independent ethics and disciplinary committee but that there was insufficient evidence to pursue a case against Olympiacos, which is true.

But the committee's ruling was inevitable because the report sent from Infantino's own office was so knowingly inadequate that the disciplinary committee never was going to have grounds to ban Olympiacos. I know this, because I have read the correspondence between the inspector appointed by Infantino's department and the Greek FA and it cries out for further inquiry. Yet Infantino wilfully chose not to demand this deeper investigation despite the egregious risk to UEFA competitions the Champions League and the Europa League, both of which Olympiacos have played in this season.

The dangerousness of that decision was underlined by what happened before the Anderlecht match last Thursday night. About two hours before kick-off, around 200 Olympiacos ultras on motorbikes disrupted the journey taken by the Anderlecht bus to the Karaiskakis stadium. Then upon its arrival, 2,000 of them hurled bottles, stones and sticks at the bus. No one knows what would have happened had the attack been allowed to continue unabated - police only brought things to a halt by firing tear gas into the mob to disperse it. Eleven policemen were injured in the clashes that followed and the incidents are currently being looked at by prosecutors. This, by any measure, is simply not what football is about.

Perhaps Infantino may now think these matters behind him as he is of course no longer the general secretary of UEFA but the president of FIFA instead. But they are not. For the man who has stepped in to Infantino's shoes as UEFA general secretary is his erstwhile deputy, Theodore Theodoridis. A former director of international relations, Theodoridis is a master of networking and was in large part responsible for getting Infantino elected at FIFA last week.

What is more, Theodoridis is a former board member of the Hellenic Football Federation whose former president and former legal counsel are on bail on corruption charges. The new UEFA general secretary is also the son of Savvas Theodoridis, who is the vice-president of a major Greek club. The club? Olympiacos.

Doesn't look good does it? Quis custodiet indeed.

The exchange I had with Infantino at his FIFA-presidential press conference on February 1:

I'm interested that after seven years as the General Secretary of UEFA, its ethics department remains within UEFA, is not independent of UEFA, it's in your department. Now one of the investigations that wasn't fully prosecuted by UEFA was into the allegations of match fixing at Olympiacos, when your deputy secretary general's father is vice-president of that club. How can we have faith in your reform process when this is part of your legacy at UEFA?

Thanks for the question. Let me say at the outset that the ethics and disciplinary committee at UEFA is independent; it's not a UEFA department. The committee is independent and we have respected lawyers and judges who are part of this committee. I think in general that no organisation in the world has had such a track record against match fixing as UEFA. No organisation in the world! We have been creating since 2009 a betting fraud detection system. We have been creating a network into the financing of 54 integrity officers all around Europe, one per country working with the police in creating a database. We have created a working group of all the prosecutors in Europe who are working on match fixing and they need UEFA to speak with each other and deal with these matters. We have been excluding clubs, big clubs; we've been excluding players, we've been excluding referees. Our disciplinary bodies have been doing this. Not me, not the administration; I've received threats, live threats, against me, against my family, because UEFA was acting against match fixing. It's not my decision. I had to have a police escort for my children because of the actions of UEFA in match fixing. The Olympiacos case when I – as general secretary of UEFA – received the case, I gave it to the ethics disciplinary body. They looked into the matter and decided there's not enough evidence and have provisionally Olympiacos.

Are you satisfied that the investigation, because I've read –

They are independent. We wait for CAS. CAS, the Court of Arbitration for Sport, confirmed this decision. They say provisionally, for the moment, and this is different to the Turkish cases for example, in Turkey you had convictions; people went to jail. In Greece there is an investigation into the president of the club. That's all. There is no conviction, no decision, not enough. UEFA bodies respect the Court of Arbitration for Sport decision in the Besiktas case, for example, you can read all these things you can read as well, you have to be particularly careful if there is no decision taken at national level. Fenerbahce played one year. They qualified for the semi-finals of the Europa League in 2011-12 and after that were suspended by UEFA. These investigations they take time. It's not like doping where you can decide doped or not doped. Match fixing doesn't have a test that says fixed or not fixed. If and when there's proof all the clubs that are involved in match fixing will be suspended as they have always been.

Related article: http://www.insideworldfootball.com/...house-in-order-so-why-let-him-into-fifa-house

Journalist and broadcaster Matt Scott wrote the Digger column for The Guardian newspaper for five years and is now a columnist for Insideworldfootball. Contact him at matt.scott@insideworldfootball.com.

Something a little different, but still connected heavily with all the corruption and problems in Greece, something which most people probably don't know about but is a major problem, has been ignited again after the recent Greek Cup match between PAOK and Olympiacos.

What reignited it? The terrible, blatant and obvious cheating by the referee in the match. Read the below links/articles to understand what is going on, and see the connection between the corruption in Greek football, the billionaire shipping owner/heroin trafficker/match fixer/president of Olympiacos Mr Marinakis..and the general state of corruption in Greece..

Of course this isn't to excuse the violent reaction of the fans, but the violence is a direct result of the match fixing and corruption.
And no, it's not just other Greek clubs, but European clubs and commentators that are now picking up on whats going on, and it's being reported.
The more it's reported, the more people investigate it and dig into what's going on, the more pressure will build on the corrupt accomplices in UEFA and FIFA to do something about this fat piece of s**t gangster wannabe and the pieces of corrupt s**t in the Greek FA and government.

These pieces of s**t have fixed everything from lower division games, tribunal outcomes, media reports, transfers..you name it. The list is long, as is the list of their other criminal activities.

And while some celebrate the removal of Blatter and his replacement...heh, got news for those people.
One corrupt piece of s**t replaced by another corrupt piece of s**t.

The refereeing in the match was that appalling, people I've shown videos of it to have literally had jaw hitting the floor moments and said what the **** how is that possible..my response? Welcome to Greece and the Greek league.

The boss of PAOK is outraged. He has called for the match to be replayed, with an international referee, and has said if the Greek FA can't pay for it, then he will out of his own pocket(like he has to pull the club out of debt), and that unless that happens, they wont be going to Athens for the second leg.

Finally someone is making a stand, too bad it's taken a Greek from Russia to get involved for it to finally happen. Hopefully he sees it through.

http://www.thepressproject.net/arti...is-and-the-press-that-refuses-to-report-on-it

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/...ght-on-olympiacos-has-opened-dangerous-ground

Matt Scott: UEFA's oversight on Olympiacos has opened dangerous ground
Published on Wednesday, 02 March 2016 10:50
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" Juvenal, Satires

"Who watches the watchmen?" This question, first posed by classical writers thousands of years ago, is perhaps one we would do well to ask ourselves now, as civil liberties hard won in the second millennium are gradually eroded in the third.

Still, this is a column about football, and it pains me to say that there is cause to ask the same question of our game today. I recently wrote here about what I saw as the unsuitability of Gianni Infantino for the FIFA president's position [see related article below]. Last Friday he won the vote to be elected, fair and square, after a very effective and impressive campaign.

The night before that election I had sent out a reminder on social media to the voters in the FIFA member associations that Olympiacos, a club involved in two separate criminal-corruption inquiries in the Greek justice system, had nevertheless been allowed in to European competition by Infantino's UEFA.

In one of these criminal inquiries, the club's president and owner, Evangelos Marinakis, is accused of being the boss of an organised-crime ring known as 'The System', which allegedly fixes matches in Greek football in order to guarantee Olympiacos victory. He is personally accused of ordering the bombing of the business premises belonging to a FIFA referee in the Greek league who had refused to do what The System had told him to do, which, when you think about it, is really quite chilling.

Olympiacos have won 17 of the last 19 titles and currently sit 18 points clear at the top of the Super League, having dropped only five points in their 24 games this campaign. But when I tweeted my reminder to FIFA voters, even I could not have anticipated what would happen during Olympiacos's Europa League match against Anderlecht in Piraeus that very night.

Over the 90 minutes of that match there were so many questionable refereeing decisions that went in Olympiacos's favour that the Belgian match commentator for RTL Sport felt obliged to question the integrity of the match officials. Having spoken out during the match commentary, and having slept on it, he was asked the following day if he thought the refereeing had been deliberately dodgy. "At the beginning, no, honestly at the start, no. The first few decisions were tough to take but you think it's possible for him to have got them wrong," said Delire.

"But then, when they all went the same way and they were just so flagrant, you had a doubt. And that became a suspicion. A suspicion that became, 'OK, now there's something that's not right.' And let's not forget that there is precedent involving Olympiacos, precedents that have been proven, phenomena of corruption, [with allegations that] they have bought four Greek-league titles... this referee was very, very doubtful."

Insideworldfootball tried to contact the referee, Northern Ireland's Arnold Hunter, on Monday to put these allegations to him via the Irish Football Association's communications director, Neil Brittain, but he has not returned the voicemail.

So what has this got to do with FIFA's new president? Well, rather a lot. Infantino was the general secretary of UEFA when Olympiacos were waved in to this season's European competitions. This matters because the investigations arm of UEFA's disciplinary processes is controlled from within the general secretary's office.

And the investigation it carried out into the match-fixing allegations at Olympiacos was, frankly, slapdash. It consisted of a letter to the Hellenic Football Federation – the local FA – several of whose highest officials are themselves at the centre of the criminal investigations before the Athens courts, and it wrote back to say, basically, 'Nothing to see here.'

Rather than pursue the matter more forcefully, UEFA chose to see nothing. I asked Infantino about this at the glitzy launch of his presidential campaign at Wembley. I asked how he could be satisfied with an investigation that was so appallingly vague, how the world could possibly have faith in his FIFA reforms when his own organisation had such a poor record on ethics. His answer was, well, appallingly vague. (And too rambling to insert here, although James Corbett from SportingIntelligence.com has diligently transcribed the tape in full, and from that I've taken the excerpt of my exchange with Infantino and pasted it below in case it is of interest.)

What Infantino did say in response to my question as to why the Olympiacos allegations were not prosecuted fully by UEFA is: "In Greece there is an investigation into the president of the club. That's all. There is no conviction, no decision, not enough."

The fact of the matter is, though, that there is plenty for UEFA to have gone on. Infantino is claiming that there needs to be a criminal conviction - on the basis of proof beyond reasonable doubt - before UEFA may act. But as he very well knows, there needs to be nothing of the sort: UEFA need only be "comfortably satisfied" that a club has been involved in match fixing to exclude them.

Here are the UEFA statutes on the matter: "If, on the basis of all the factual circumstances and information available to UEFA, UEFA concludes to its comfortable satisfaction that a club has been directly and/or indirectly involved since April 2007 in any activity aimed at arranging or influencing the outcome of a match at national or international level, UEFA will declare such club ineligible to participate in the competition."

Infantino has a law degree and of course he knows his own statutes. What he told me was at best disingenuous and deliberately misleading. Infantino went on to tell me he had personally referred the Greek match-fixing case to the independent ethics and disciplinary committee but that there was insufficient evidence to pursue a case against Olympiacos, which is true.

But the committee's ruling was inevitable because the report sent from Infantino's own office was so knowingly inadequate that the disciplinary committee never was going to have grounds to ban Olympiacos. I know this, because I have read the correspondence between the inspector appointed by Infantino's department and the Greek FA and it cries out for further inquiry. Yet Infantino wilfully chose not to demand this deeper investigation despite the egregious risk to UEFA competitions the Champions League and the Europa League, both of which Olympiacos have played in this season.

The dangerousness of that decision was underlined by what happened before the Anderlecht match last Thursday night. About two hours before kick-off, around 200 Olympiacos ultras on motorbikes disrupted the journey taken by the Anderlecht bus to the Karaiskakis stadium. Then upon its arrival, 2,000 of them hurled bottles, stones and sticks at the bus. No one knows what would have happened had the attack been allowed to continue unabated - police only brought things to a halt by firing tear gas into the mob to disperse it. Eleven policemen were injured in the clashes that followed and the incidents are currently being looked at by prosecutors. This, by any measure, is simply not what football is about.

Perhaps Infantino may now think these matters behind him as he is of course no longer the general secretary of UEFA but the president of FIFA instead. But they are not. For the man who has stepped in to Infantino's shoes as UEFA general secretary is his erstwhile deputy, Theodore Theodoridis. A former director of international relations, Theodoridis is a master of networking and was in large part responsible for getting Infantino elected at FIFA last week.

What is more, Theodoridis is a former board member of the Hellenic Football Federation whose former president and former legal counsel are on bail on corruption charges. The new UEFA general secretary is also the son of Savvas Theodoridis, who is the vice-president of a major Greek club. The club? Olympiacos.

Doesn't look good does it? Quis custodiet indeed.

The exchange I had with Infantino at his FIFA-presidential press conference on February 1:

I'm interested that after seven years as the General Secretary of UEFA, its ethics department remains within UEFA, is not independent of UEFA, it's in your department. Now one of the investigations that wasn't fully prosecuted by UEFA was into the allegations of match fixing at Olympiacos, when your deputy secretary general's father is vice-president of that club. How can we have faith in your reform process when this is part of your legacy at UEFA?

Thanks for the question. Let me say at the outset that the ethics and disciplinary committee at UEFA is independent; it's not a UEFA department. The committee is independent and we have respected lawyers and judges who are part of this committee. I think in general that no organisation in the world has had such a track record against match fixing as UEFA. No organisation in the world! We have been creating since 2009 a betting fraud detection system. We have been creating a network into the financing of 54 integrity officers all around Europe, one per country working with the police in creating a database. We have created a working group of all the prosecutors in Europe who are working on match fixing and they need UEFA to speak with each other and deal with these matters. We have been excluding clubs, big clubs; we've been excluding players, we've been excluding referees. Our disciplinary bodies have been doing this. Not me, not the administration; I've received threats, live threats, against me, against my family, because UEFA was acting against match fixing. It's not my decision. I had to have a police escort for my children because of the actions of UEFA in match fixing. The Olympiacos case when I – as general secretary of UEFA – received the case, I gave it to the ethics disciplinary body. They looked into the matter and decided there's not enough evidence and have provisionally Olympiacos.

Are you satisfied that the investigation, because I've read –

They are independent. We wait for CAS. CAS, the Court of Arbitration for Sport, confirmed this decision. They say provisionally, for the moment, and this is different to the Turkish cases for example, in Turkey you had convictions; people went to jail. In Greece there is an investigation into the president of the club. That's all. There is no conviction, no decision, not enough. UEFA bodies respect the Court of Arbitration for Sport decision in the Besiktas case, for example, you can read all these things you can read as well, you have to be particularly careful if there is no decision taken at national level. Fenerbahce played one year. They qualified for the semi-finals of the Europa League in 2011-12 and after that were suspended by UEFA. These investigations they take time. It's not like doping where you can decide doped or not doped. Match fixing doesn't have a test that says fixed or not fixed. If and when there's proof all the clubs that are involved in match fixing will be suspended as they have always been.

Related article: http://www.insideworldfootball.com/...house-in-order-so-why-let-him-into-fifa-house

Journalist and broadcaster
SEC filings shed light on Greek billionaire΄s legal past that's about aeks president

Matt Scott wrote the Digger column for The Guardian newspaper for five years and is now a columnist for Insideworldfootball. Contact him at matt.scott@insideworldfootball.com.

[/QUOTEyou mentioned about marinakis ok he is no saint but either is aeks or pao owners.aeks owner spent two years jail for embazzlement and was released due to kokkalis and also the pao president is wanted for owing money to the Romanian government for some tankers he brought and also his dad was a director of olympiakos so they are all the same

Last edited:
I know, but they aren't accused of being the leaders of a criminal organization and conspiracy. Look at the list of things he is accused(based on wiretaps and witness/victims statements), and suddenly being in jail for embezzlement or owing money don't seem that major.
If it wasn't Marinakis, I'm sure it could just as easily be one of them or someone else.

And it's going to get even worse now with the new UEFA boss and his connections to Olympiacos.
So we are going to see a lot more violence as a result. :fire:

Olympiacos and Kokkinakis would be banned from being anywhere near any league, and he'd be thrown in jail for a long time in almost any other country. Not in Greece though where the crooked malaka has deep connections within government, police, judicial system.

The referendum capitulation did two things. First, it turned Syriza into PASOK by another name. Second, it snuffed the chances of a genuine change that originates within Greece. Any proper change will be collateral from damage elsewhere in the EU.

Don't be so sure about that.
The migrant crisis is expected to get much worse this year, they are predicting 1 million arrivals in Greece. In the past Greece handled 1 million migrants easily, back then it wasn't experiencing an economic depression.
Borders are being sealed off and people prevented from crossing. Even if the EU doesn't suspend shengen, what's happening on the ground is the physical suspension of it anyway, even countries not in the visa free agreement are sealing borders off.
The migrants wont have anywhere to go, they'll be stuck in Greece. And this isn't Albanians and other Balkanites this time, people who can easily assimilate if they want to(and many did), they are complete and total aliens to Greece and Europe in every way.

That's going to be a tipping point in Greece I think. And some of Greece's neighbors who are less sympathetic to the plight of these people and prefer instead to deal with them with riot police tear gas and batons, wont like the outcome of Greece getting pushed right to the edge.
Because 1 million arrivals now wont be like 1 million Albanian refugees and gypsies coming across looking for any work they can find for whatever people are willing to pay them.

Europe is playing with fire. Not only in Greece, but across the continent. Personally I think it's engineered, to an extent, to bring about a European super state. Because the way things were at the start and are now, it cant work. Things cant keep going the way they are. So either Europe breaks apart again, or merges into a super state and the individual countries will exist within a single European country, as internal state boundaries(like SA, Vic etc).
That's obviously what the elites want to see happen, a single European super state with a central government calling the shots across the continent.
Question is will the people see that as a positive thing or will they be against it. And we all know how most Europeans react when they are against something that they feel is a threat to them, especially in the Mediterranean countries.;):fire:

'It's time to stop Greece's fiscal waterboarding by an incompetent, misanthropic troika'
Lianna Brinded Apr 3, 2016, 5:24 PM
Greece’s road to economic recovery just got very messy.

A leaked transcript by Wikileaks allegedly revealed how the International Monetary Fund planned to stop bailing out Greece in a bid get force European lenders to offer debt relief in its place.

In other words, the leaked transcript suggested that the IMF was going to spook the beleaguered country on purpose, as well as the rest of the members of the 28 nation bloc, by saying that it wouldn’t be giving Greece anymore cash. In turn, it would mean the EU creditors would be forced to step in and help Greece in order to stop it defaulting.

You can read it all here.

And now the former finance minister of Greece, Yanis Varoufakis, used the apparent leak to highlight how the way creditors are handling the bailout of Greece is not working and things have got to change.

“In 2015, the troika stalled until July to bring Greece to its knees in order to force Alexis Tsipras’ hand,” said Varoufakis in a statement published by the BBC and Belfast Telegraph.

” In 2016, as WikiLeaks revealed today, the IMF is planning to stall until July to bring Greece to its knees (again!) in order to force Angela Merkel’s hand. It’s time to stop Greece’s fiscal waterboarding by an incompetent, misanthropic troika.”

Officials from EU and the IMF will resume talks in Athens on Greece’s fiscal and reform progress next week. They will conclude a bailout review that will lay out what Greece needs to do in order to unlock further loans and pave the way for negotiations on long-desired debt restructuring.

However talks are set to be even more tense than usual after Greece demanded an explanation over the alleged tactic. Already, the bailout reviewed was post-poned twice since January due to a rift among the lenders over the estimated size of Greece’s fiscal gap by 2018, as well as disagreements with Athens on pension reforms and the management of bad loans.

An IMF spokesman in Washington said the Fund did not comment on “leaks or supposed reports of internal discussions” but added that the IMF had made its position known in public.

“We have stated clearly what we think is needed for a durable solution to the economic challenges facing Greece – one that puts Greece on a path of sustainable growth supported by a credible set of reforms matched by debt relief from its European partners,” the spokesman said.

At the beginning of February, Varoufakis spoke to Business Insider Deutschland and said that although the economy has not deteriorated as much as feared in the last year, the EU’s multi-billion-euro bailout packages seem to have helped only a little.

“No one believed that the compromise [money given to Greece last year] would be of any use, neither IMF chief Christine Lagarde, nor German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schäuble. Chancellor Angela Merkel didn’t believe it and neither did Greece’s Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras,” said Varoufakis.

“It was just a show that revealed that Europe is not working. We are throwing money, which we are taking from the poorest, at the problem. And since this is frustrating the people in every country, right-wing parties such as the National Front in France are on the rise. So they are benefiting from this.”

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/yanis-varoufakis-on-imf-debt-talk-leak-2016-4

Nooo..you don't say, the billions loaned to Greece against the peoples wishes haven't helped? Gee, who would have guessed..
And the IMF playing dirty games, destroying a country in the process, to make a point? Nooo...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back