Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie Lacy

1310650820313.jpg

The Packers released FB Jonathan Amosa, T Andrew Datko, S David Fulton, C Garth Gerhart, RB Alex Green, T Kevin Hughes, WR Charles Johnson, C Patrick Lewis, LB Terrell Manning, CB Loyce Means, DT Jordan Miller, LB Dezman Moses, TE Matthew Mulligan, CB James Nixon, S Chaz Powell, LB Donte Savage, CB Brandon Smith, TE Jake Stoneburner, WR Tyrone Walker, WR Myles White, TE D.J. Williams and QB Vince Young.
Not really surprised by who was cut. Young, Green, Johnson and Manning are about the only real surprises. Datko and Mulligan slight surprises though.

Not overly upset with today. the 9ers are my bet for the SuperBowl. A few ref calls wouldve been handy

Man Woodson was a big loss. Bolden killed us. Burnett wouldve been handy today.

Our OLine wasnt to bad i didnt think. Kept Rodgers fairly clean.

Lacy warmed into the game. I think he'll be better for the experience.

Should be able to smack Washington next week and get on the board.

My take from the game:
- Need to limit turnovers against good teams
- Need to make better decisions against good teams
- O-line for the most part was pretty good
- Jim Harbaugh is a tool
- Defence missed Hayward and Burnett
- Jennings and McMillan are bad
- Lacy is going to be a beast
- I'm getting a Tim Masthay jersey
- Jim Harbaugh is a tool

Guess who is at it again..... http://fansided.com/2013/09/18/greg...edium=Network&utm_campaign=Around the Network

How's that new QB over in Minnesota going for you Greg?
Ponder: 58.6% completion, 463 yards, 2 TDs, 4 INTs and a rating of 67
#12: 69.6% completion, 813 yards, 7 TDs, 1 INT and a rating of 127.2

So #12 hits more targets, threw for more yards in 1 game than Ponder has in 2, thrown for more TDs in both games, less INTs and the lone INT is squarely on Finely and PR of nearly double.

UghWW.jpg

Just for once I would like to have a full set of starters actually starting on both sides of the ball, it's been like this since we won the Super Bowl and it's getting farcical now.

I seem to recall having this conversation with you in the preseason....

Who were you missing now that debilitates your team so?

(IIRC my argument is you can't be that good if it's that easy to knock you out with an injury here or there... Every team goes through them)

I seem to recall having this conversation with you in the preseason....

Who were you missing now that debilitates your team so?

(IIRC my argument is you can't be that good if it's that easy to knock you out with an injury here or there... Every team goes through them)
Morgan Burnett, Casey Hayward, Clay Matthews, Bryan Bulaga, JerMichael Finley, Eddie Lacy, James Starks, John Kuhn. That's all of our starters out at the moment.

My first post was more exasperation at our training staff and that for 3 years we have injuries to our key players and starters. Some can't be helped Finley, Lacy (concussion) and Bulaga doing an ACL but Burnett has been out for a month nearly with a hamstring, Hayward out all pre-season apart from 20 or so snaps with a hamstring and Matthews had had hamstring issues since he entered the league and then there is Starks and his problems.

All I'm saying is that our training staff or medical team needs to be fixed.

Morgan Burnett, Casey Hayward, Clay Matthews, Bryan Bulaga, JerMichael Finley, Eddie Lacy, James Starks, John Kuhn. That's all of our starters out at the moment.

My first post was more exasperation at our training staff and that for 3 years we have injuries to our key players and starters. Some can't be helped Finley, Lacy (concussion) and Bulaga doing an ACL but Burnett has been out for a month nearly with a hamstring, Hayward out all pre-season apart from 20 or so snaps with a hamstring and Matthews had had hamstring issues since he entered the league and then there is Starks and his problems.

All I'm saying is that our training staff or medical team needs to be fixed.

So... You're claiming two RBs as starters? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least this give Neal and Perry the opportunity to step up and show they can play. They are big guys on the edge to deal with. Basically playing with 5 line-men in the 3-4 look.

I'm more worried about Brad Jones missing time, especially with Francois out for the season.

Can't believe I was ever against drafting a running back. Loving Lacy and our running game in general.

Not loving the injuries to James Jones and Randall Cobb. Leaves us with Nelson and Boykin. Not many FA's available as well. Laurent Robinson, Steve Breaston, Braylon Edwards and Brandon Lloyd maybe.

Unfortunately we lost Charles Johnson from our practice squad to the Browns. Myles White is the only receiver on our practice squad, he performed in the pre-season so he might get the call up.

Can't believe I was ever against drafting a running back. Loving Lacy and our running game in general.

Not loving the injuries to James Jones and Randall Cobb. Leaves us with Nelson and Boykin. Not many FA's available as well. Laurent Robinson, Steve Breaston, Braylon Edwards and Brandon Lloyd maybe.

Unfortunately we lost Charles Johnson from our practice squad to the Browns. Myles White is the only receiver on our practice squad, he performed in the pre-season so he might get the call up.

Could do worse then Edwards or Breaston

We are winning without really being dominant which i guess is good.
A few players still to come back from injury helps too.

2 of our biggest weaknesses in past seasons have been the run game and offensive line. I have been very impressed with these 2 areas so far.

Well it seems almost certain Finley won't play this season (if he plays at all) at least he is alive and is returning to normal functioning.

I think he needs to hang it up.
Very sad but there are more important things. Nick Collins over again

50 of the 53 players on this roster have only played for the Packers. No other team has 40.

1sts: Rodgers, Perry, Matthews, Raji, Hawk, D. Jones, Sherrod, Bulaga
2nds: Lacy, Hayward, Neal, Nelson, Cobb
3rds: J. Jones, Burnett, Finley
4ths: McMillian, Franklin, House, Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, Daniels
5ths: Hyde, Newhouse, Quarless, Boyd
6ths: Crosby, Starks, Palmer, Jolly
7ths: Barrington, B. Jones, R. Taylor, Wilson

UDFAs: Masthay, Boykin, White, Bush, Nixon, Shields, Williams, Jennings, Mulumba, Lattimore, Goode, EDS, L. Taylor, Barclay, Stoneburner, Bostik, Banjo
FAs: Kuhn, Wallace, Pickett

(Bolded are starters).

50 of the 53 players on this roster have only played for the Packers. No other team has 40.

1sts: Rodgers, Perry, Matthews, Raji, Hawk, D. Jones, Sherrod, Bulaga
2nds: Lacy, Hayward, Neal, Nelson, Cobb
3rds: J. Jones, Burnett, Finley
4ths: McMillian, Franklin, House, Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, Daniels
5ths: Hyde, Newhouse, Quarless, Boyd
6ths: Crosby, Starks, Palmer, Jolly
7ths: Barrington, B. Jones, R. Taylor, Wilson

UDFAs: Masthay, Boykin, White, Bush, Nixon, Shields, Williams, Jennings, Mulumba, Lattimore, Goode, EDS, L. Taylor, Barclay, Stoneburner, Bostik, Banjo
FAs: Kuhn, Wallace, Pickett

(Bolded are starters).

Saw that in the game today aswell, is quite remarkable to think about it. Shows how they go about their business. We're strumming along fine at the moment. Really refreshing to see a running game again, lacy is that workhorse and Starks gave a bit aswell. Still absolutely bewildered by Rodgers game play. Nelson's 2nd td was amazing, no one else throws that ball

Early reports saying 3 Weeks...

Couldn't get worse than without Rodgers! It's funny I was only talking yesterday morning with a mate about teams playing so conservative when playing back ups, just have a crack deep and at very least try open up the short stuff, our running game at least has taken major steps forwards but defenses not planning for Rodgers might clog it up. We need to get out 1-2 out of those 3 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back