GreenEdge - New Aussie cycling team

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually quite like to look of the squad, a good mix with some great young talent and older blokes like O'Grady, Gerrans and McEwan who can teach them some race-craft on the road. I reckon they will be aiming at the one-day classics and trying to get a few stage wins next season, willwin enough races to show why they got their licence and will be aiming for maybe a top 10 ranking at the end of the season.

According to the article in the age today McEwen will be retired by the TDF and will take up a coaching role full time. Greenedge definately look like they have things very planned out. Hope it all comes together for them.

Too late to sign up Caleb Ewan? Went down and watched Day 1 of the Bay Classic and he was already being hailed by the commentators as the next Cavendish, looks like he went even better today. Alex Morgan dominated in the support race as well.

That was a fantastic race. Well done to Gerrans, and GreenEDGE as well. Perfect start for them.

Also good to hear that Phil may just be getting worse at commentary. Matt Keenan was just cleaning up Phil's mess for most of the race.

Was at work all arvo, followed it on twitter sounded awesome! And my man Steele finished 5th! Can't wait for my annual trip to the tdu

Some pics I took from today's Nationals:

6657737747_3e373787a3.jpg

6657742027_a65bab18aa.jpg

6657732647_68243ec990.jpg

6657725577_4a87835d17.jpg

6657722617_031db1e340.jpg

6657728183_a1121e87a2.jpg

6657729841_31de4b8fbd.jpg

Great day out there, brilliant race around a fantastic course :thumbsu:

Indeed some great pics, kinda wish I was there, instead I was at the mother-in-laws :(

I agree, the team looks great for one day/Classics but they are going to struggle pretty much everywhere else. Apart from Weenling there are no climbers on the roster. I'd expect a good showing in the TDU and in China, but that would be about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wow.

They have gone to a fair bit of effort with that, especially with the shot of the Greenedge boys in the peleton and Simon Clarke on the podium. One thing that comes out of that as well, Daniel Teklehaimanot comes across as an awesome guy.

Would be cool to see something like this more regularly, I think it would add a bit of fun to the race for the boys in what would be a pretty draining race.

They have an almost daily video called "backstage pass" which can be pretty funny. Just asking the boys stupid questions, as well as race analysis and action from the team car. Unfortunately the guy who does it is going to Canada so it won't be on for the rest of the Vuelta, but they are all up on youtube from the Vuelta, Tour etc.

That video was bloody funny!

Get around them. Done it all now: wins in all the GT's, KoM jersey in the Vuelta, Yellow in the Tour, MSR, Eritrea national time trial championship... what more could you want?

Even Cadel Evans is barracking for them!!

Aussie's day out here in Corsica; @SimoClarke in the break, and @simongerrans out gunning Sagan for the win (whoa)! #chapeau #tdf

A long way off our best TTT performance. We HAVE to improve there. Congratulations to my OGE compatriots; pipping the World Champs! #tdf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back