GreenEdge - New Aussie cycling team

Remove this Banner Ad

i loveeeeeeeeee that Keukeleire signed on for two more years,an rewarded with two wins in a row.. he an matthews are on par with goss atm an one of those two will/should lead the team at the vuelta, may only be 5 stages for the sprint men but there strong men those two could go in breaks...
reading on the web looks like there into a young climber from colombia an SANCHEZ!!! seems greenedge reached the point of building a handy gc team fo the lesser races:)

We have a great generation of riders coming through. I hope we have a few that really kick on and become GC riders.

Any chance that OGE are trying to set up Myer for a white jersey run next year?

New kit: http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/2014-team-kit-launch

15108_06-01-2014_2670.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised to see turbo didn't win the TT. Anyone know much about Michael Hepburn?
Excellent pursuit track rider who is making the switch to road. Won world pursuit championship and lead Australia to the teams gold last year. Not really a surprised that he performed well and thought was a chance for the podium, not the win. But at 22 has a bright future ahead.

woeful kit i reckon. So boring and uninspiring, but then again most Craft kit is.

big clash with Movistar too.

I thought kit looked a bit bland when it was announced. But it works in the peloton. Having been to TDU, the OGE riders were always easy to pick. They might have got a lucky in that there is a lot less white in peloton this year as other teams have gone darker, but it works. Strangely the only jersey that I thought appeared similar to OGE when riding was Adam Hansen in his KOM jersey - I pegged him as an OGE rider a few times - despite the fact the jerseys look very different when standing off the bike.

Vader's mail is my mail too.

it will be Wiggins.

they will jettison Leigh Howard and Cam Meyer who have not adapted to the exigencies of the European road. its a tough game being a pro cyclist in Europe, thousands of miles away from home.

Matty White is a genius DS imo. if he cant get a performance, no one could.

s**t, Matty White prolly could even be a better wingman than the ex-Richmond, Port Adelaide Matt White, who by all reports is having a stellar year in Alberton.

good domestique, but genius DS. matty white.

Wiggins was the first name that entered my mind when I was listening to the Matt White interview that sparked the big debate. I couldn't see Evans leaving BMC unless it was to retire. Wiggins doesn't want to be second fiddle to Froome. It just made sense.
like how i told the cyclingnews forum that Evans would be going to BMC because when you added all the factors up, there was only one place for him to go, BMC.

but i was told this morning, that White and Wiggo were on.

i reckon he is a bit of a w@nker, but like Russell Crowe, since his old man was from Moe or somewhere Gippsland way, Tomalaris and the cycling crew at SBS will claim him asap.

And the fact, the GB track team used to come to Australia and set up base here most years about a decade ago, before Athens, after Sydney.

they trained in Sydney, Bendigo, elswhere. The Ed Clancy track era.

Dave McKenzie is on first name basis with all those guys, Cav, Wiggo, etc. So it should be good.

White knows the Brits, the Dutch, would gel well with the team culture he was developing in Gerry Ryans outfit

Wiggins was the first name that entered my mind when I was listening to the Matt White interview that sparked the big debate. I couldn't see Evans leaving BMC unless it was to retire. Wiggins doesn't want to be second fiddle to Froome. It just made sense.
the only way i could see it, is if Gerry came over the top of Whitey, and told Evans, here is a 2 million contract for two years, to ride off into the sunset. And we will make sure you win TDU and Nationals, to round out your palmares.

But White would not wish 1million of his annual budget spent on a geriatric. And having to alter the program of his squad so he could deliver CE a nats rr title and the TDU. It would compromise the 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back