Votes: 51 30.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C
Higgins has had Better runs on the board and still could produce career best seasons. But the potential for injury is a concern
Greenwood better potential imo, but also has the potential to go back down to his pre-2014 form.
and Just cause.

Greenwood. I think Higgins has the talent to be the better of the two, but I'd much rather Greenwood in the team.

Potential really, but I feel Greenwood ticks both
What are you asking? Who would you prefer on your team going forward or who is a better player now?

Who people feel is more likely to be consistently the better player.

As I feel if we were going purely off potential with no injuries or form drops, Higgins will be the better player. But i foresee injuries.

Different player types, not sure why the comparison?

I think it's because the amount we're offering Higgins could be the factor in Greenwood leaving.

I don't like this thread because it implies that by getting Higgins we've left no room for Levi and thus chosen Higgins over Levi. We have plenty of cap room, got Higgins in (probably at overs admittedly) and have put an offer to Greenwood at which we think he's worth. If he goes to Collingwood it has nothing to do with Higgins.

But anyway, Greenwood is better based on 2014.

Greenwood definitely for me, he appeals to me more than Higgins does and I feel he is a better player.

Higgins is like Waite mr potential who never gets close to living up to it I would say supercoach and dream team are another reason Higgins is popular but greenwood in one season has bettered Higgins whole career so greenwood by a fair way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what your team needs.

Greenwood would be more influential in a bottom 4 team. Higgins is a much classier finisher. Greenwood is harder at it. Higgins has been performing for longer. Greenwood's 2014 was better.

I'm going with Greenwood because it's seems to have clicked and I think he's in for 3-4 more seasons like this one.

Higgins hands down before this season, but on 2014 form you'd say Levi. I'm not sure why anyone would compare them TBH. Apples and oranges.

I can't believe how lopsided this poll is. 90% voted Greenwood. Greenwood goes ok but his kicking will always hold him back. Higgins looks set to play in his natural position as a high half forward after having to play off the back flank for the Doggies. I'm tipping he'll be back to his best this year.

I can't believe how lopsided this poll is. 90% voted Greenwood. Greenwood goes ok but his kicking will always hold him back. Higgins looks set to play in his natural position as a high half forward after having to play off the back flank for the Doggies. I'm tipping he'll be back to his best this year.

Higgins will struggle to get back to his best, with all his injuries he has lost whatever pace he had and a lot of his agility. When he was young he was exciting and flashy, now he's more solid and reliable. His body has not been kind to him.

I'm not convinced he's better as a half forward either, at least not these days. Down back his composure and kicking are an asset, you don't worry when he has the ball.

He's a handy player, but I'd take Greenwood going forward, coming off a very good year

Higgins will struggle to get back to his best, with all his injuries he has lost whatever pace he had and a lot of his agility. When he was young he was exciting and flashy, now he's more solid and reliable. His body has not been kind to him.

I'm not convinced he's better as a half forward either, at least not these days. Down back his composure and kicking are an asset, you don't worry when he has the ball.

He's a handy player, but I'd take Greenwood going forward, coming off a very good year

The first thing I noticed about Higgins in his first game for North was his zip and movement around congestion. To tell you the truth I always thought he was slow but I was surprised how quick he was. Not saying he has elite pace just that he was a lot quicker then I thought.

Don't know, maybe it's just because Greenwood used to drive me crazy constantly turning the ball over or just kicking it as far as possible. He is as brave as they come though.

Probably 14 teams would choose Greenwood, as for a lot of clubs inside mids aren't exactly abundant (more specifically, guys whose best position is an inside mid, a team like the Cats have a few guys like Bartel, Johnson, Duncan who can play the inside mid role if needed but are also excellent elsewhere).

I'd say North, Fremantle (Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy, Neale, Mzungu, Crowley - they don't need a guy who is inside only when guys like Fyfe and Mundy are smashing it inside and outside...for their midfield they just need help for Hill), Gold Coast, maybe Essendon and maybe Richmond need a player like Higgins more than they need a player like Greenwood (for the purpose of this thread I'm talking generally in terms of style of play, rather than whether or not Greenwood or Higgins would get a game at team A or team B etc). Maybe Hawthorn? They do have Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, but a middle-aged inside mid to help the transition to Shiels, Langford, Anderson, O'Rourke might be handy..I'll give the Hawks a 50-50.

Neither player has really met their potential though, 1 good season for both.

My honest opinion is that ever since Greenwood left he is aparently 200% better then he actually is (through the eyes of Pies fans) and 50% better through everyone else's eyes. If he was not a "replacement for Beams this would not have happened.

Higgins has more talent. However no luck with injuries has meant he has not had a good clean run of footy.

Personally this season is defining for both players.

The way the games played these days if you cant kick your value as a player goes down no matter what level. Greenwood is a poor kick while Higgins is one of the better kicks going around.

Back