Toast Greg Swann announced as CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm outraged that we didn't go all out to get Trigg!!!!!
My membership is in the microwave as we peak:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The AFL seems to have thwarted the Club's attempt to announce it to members first.

Bit lame if true.

Really looking forward to seeing what Swann can do with us.

good move , get an experienced footy person at the helm. The afl pushed this appointment for sure they may well be throwing in $$ to sweeten the deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know much about Greg Swann but it's good to see the media pumping him up as the guy who turned around Collongwood and Carlton (off the field).

It will hopefully provide a good benchmark for other AFL supporters to observe just how tough a market we operate in.

I'm very excited about the changes that are to come.

Go lions!

It will be nice to be able to have some faith in the clubs administration

...Nope.

It's a shame, but no matter who they bring in I'm not going to be able to get behind them until I see results. You have one chance Swanny, don't break my heart.

*stares down nose at Swann*

It's official. Email to members done.

Weird feeling. When Holmes was appointed it was "Great, someone other than Bowers".

With Swann's track record though, this feels like we've seriously traded up (not intended as a knock on Holmes).

Ok, good appointment I think.. Sorted. Now everyone can start complaining about how long it is taking to get rid of Sharpless.

(Tired? No. Well, a little. A cup of tea? Thanks, I'll just sit in the comfy chair):p

Now that this has finally happened I feel pretty good about it.

I'm sure Greg Swann has excellent administrative skills, but as much as anything I think he immediately brings us more credibility as an administration. I think that should help to a greater or lesser degree with sponsorship, developing our infrastructure, re-signing players (better long term picture at the club) and media coverage. It's too simplistic a comparison, but it feels like we could be on that positive trajectory that transformed Port's image. In all likelihood we won't jump up the ladder that fast, but hopefully we should get a window with less doom and gloom.

Don't know much about Greg Swann but it's good to see the media pumping him up as the guy who turned around Collongwood and Carlton (off the field).

It will hopefully provide a good benchmark for other AFL supporters to observe just how tough a market we operate in.

I'm very excited about the changes that are to come.

Go lions!
He's good but I reckon his greatest challenge is ahead of him.

It's official. Email to members done.

Weird feeling. When Holmes was appointed it was "Great, someone other than Bowers".

With Swann's track record though, this feels like we've seriously traded up (not intended as a knock on Holmes).

Yeah, this feels a bit more targeted.

The next step is so important though. We need several more key appointments - list manager, senior assistant (Schwab's role appears to have changed) and probably a few replacements for some existing staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back