Toast Greg Swann announced as CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good get for the lions. Swann's signing, given his high profile and AFL backing a major step in rebuilding the brand of this club.

I think the thing that makes me most happiest about this is that he didn't go to Gold Coast. The announcement of their CEO leaving recently had me wondering if we were going to get the red head stepson treatment from the AFL again.

But this is good. Still haven't received the member email announcing it though, lol.

I'm outraged that we didn't go all out to get Trigg!!!!!
My membership is in the microwave as we peak:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So in 5 years time then? ;) Good to see someone not flying off the handle and making rash decisions. :thumbsu:

Swanny now has the hardest job in the AFL to make Brisbane relevant again good luck Swann now get to work.

It may just be the challenge he needs.

Guy knows what he's doing and is very well connected.
The fact he's with you brings you closer to the AFL..............and that's a good thing.

With a state election coming up next year it will be interesting to see if he can pry out some promised funds from both parties for our facilities. Getting funds will be the biggest issue in an environment where state and local governments are reluctant to put up funds for a sport with a fairly low following, hence low political capital base. make no mistake it will be a massive challenge for him. Lets hope he can deliver. Still a massive improvement over what we've had previously. Hopefully he won't be as condescending in his conversational responses as Holmes was on a number of occasions.

A real red letter day for the club and an off field appointment I am finally really satisfied with.

Well he's ****ed now ;)

It may just be the challenge he needs.

Guy knows what he's doing and is very well connected.
The fact he's with you brings you closer to the AFL..............and that's a good thing.

That's a very important point, Harker. Right now the AFL commission is probably our most important stakeholder, and all the evidence suggests that that relationship is not in a good way.

He comes from a very different background, though. The messages on which we need to lobby the AFL are very different from those he'd be used to at Carlton and Collingwood.

Often footy people come up to QLD and NSW clubs and become passionate, lifelong advocates for supporting the frontier clubs. I suspect that'll happen again here, and it'll need to.

If he makes sauce prices a priority, we should see the crowds return to the Gabba and it should all be smooth sailing from there.

Don't forget the jam donuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not be happier. Exactly what we need - a powerful figure in AFL circles. He & Cook are the bigggest name club administrators around. Some-one that ALL Vic clubs, & the AFL hierachy, will listen too. Someone that can, & will, go toe to toe with Eddie, & that Eddie will at least acknowledge.

Would love to see someone like Mickey Conlon as his 2ic - knows the Qld scene so Swann can focus on the big picture.

AND Lethal 4 chairman & I am in heaven.

Who did Swann just say 'nice meeting ya' to?

Anyway, mostly what I took away from that was that Leppitsch is an extremely good media perfomer compared to Sharpless and even to Swann.

Wait and see with Swann. To be honest, I didn't get the impression that he had a deep understanding of the issues facing our club. Hopefully that will come quickly.

Lol, think Swann just got his first real taste of how little media interest there is up here.

"That was easy!"
Who did Swann just say 'nice meeting ya' to?

Greg Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back