GRFL 2011 PRE season

Remove this Banner Ad

As an independant person who watched the game, i thought the umpiring was upto standard, couldn't pick anything wrong wit how they went about it? If anything, its people like u bagging umpires and that's why they can't attract any new members!
If anything, it's people like you, with spelling 'wit' & 'u' that I can't take seriously.
I too was at that game and was appauled with some of the decisions that day!
And i thought some of the umpiring in the CMFL was bad. Not even close!

If anything, it's people like you, with spelling 'wit' & 'u' that I can't take seriously.

At the end of the day the best team won. Umpiring was very poor. Wakools 1st quarter set the game up. Knew ruckman tony hogg more than a handy player.

yeah i agree, someone is goin to get seriously injured with all the head high hits that go on.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The GRFL needs too look long and hard at it self if we are paying footballers 2000 a game it can not last and it will kill the a lot of clubs,(PS Rumour true CMFL taking over at the end of the year? They want all there secounds back

How long can CMFL sides pay 200K for a season and not win the flag, or spend $170k + and not make finals is a better question.

The league should look at getting some umpires that are independent! Saturday at Macorna had to be one of the worst displays of umpiring ever, with one umpire even cheering a Macorna goal. They did everything possible to try and get Macorna the win, it was an absolute disgrace
Simple don"nt hav umps because saying things like this will kill The GRFL in the end, good luck too you I don"nt want to be a ump and if enough people like you are around we won"nt be able too get people too do it either,so in ten years you will you be having a go at then? no one because no umps no league,

Can some one please explain the in the Moulamein notes on Saturday, and I quote."It was fantastic to have someone like Tim Inkster to play with us (until taken out by dodgy tactics)".
What actually happened??

Simple don"nt hav umps because saying things like this will kill The GRFL in the end, good luck too you I don"nt want to be a ump and if enough people like you are around we won"nt be able too get people too do it either,so in ten years you will you be having a go at then? no one because no umps no league,

Or maybe have league representatives get out to more games and learn from the complaints. If an umpire was cheering a goal, maybe that should be looked at, instead of bagging the person who brings it up. I would hate to play any sport that has umpires blatantly leaning towards one side. As for saying "saying things like this will kill the GRFL", if it helps the league sort out any problems players or officials have with certain things by venting it for everyone to see, why not do it???

Can some one please explain the in the Moulamein notes on Saturday, and I quote."It was fantastic to have someone like Tim Inkster to play with us (until taken out by dodgy tactics)".
What actually happened??

As mentioned in an earlier post he ruptured his achilles apparently. I was at Ultima V Nully on the weekend and there was a few p!ssed off Nully officials there (both before the game, and after the game for another reason!) and I believe a call had been made to Moula to explain why this was written like it was. If you have seen people (maybe Roughead) do an achilles before it obviously feels like someone has kicked you, and Coach Frosty ran with this in his notes. This never happened, no one in the GRFL league would just walk behind someone and kick them in the achilles. Read them again this weekend a supposed retraction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure but to me it looks suspiciously like he wanted to break the games record and then move. I will point out that I have been worng many many times before

Rumour I heard is that he was disgruntled with the amount of locals who have been given the chop due to McNamee bringing in all his Darwin mates and pushing the locals aside. Again, I may be wrong but it seems pretty liable as he has pumped a heap of outcasts into the team and there is a lotta young locals missing out! If this is the case, wouldnt be suprised if a few of these local boys head over with him!

Ok lads it's got to that time of year, we are past the half way point of the season, some things that start to become interesting...

Top 4: Wandella, Nully, Wakool, Macorna ( Murrabit v Macorna this week will decide top 4 I think)
Grand Finalists: Wandella v Macorna
Premiers: Wandella
B/F: Handful to choose from. There have been no clear standouts as of yet.
Most Effective Recruit: Matt Heslop/ Blake Anderson
Leading Goal Kicker: Chris Hunt
Most Improved player: Daniel Watts

Feel Free to add any more

Ok lads it's got to that time of year, we are past the half way point of the season, some things that start to become interesting...

Top 4: Wandella, Nully, Wakool, Macorna ( Murrabit v Macorna this week will decide top 4 I think)
Grand Finalists: Wandella v Macorna
Premiers: Wandella
B/F: Handful to choose from. There have been no clear standouts as of yet.
Most Effective Recruit: Matt Heslop/ Blake Anderson
Leading Goal Kicker: Chris Hunt
Most Improved player: Daniel Watts

Feel Free to add any more

Top 4: Wandella, Nully, Wakool, Murrabit (murrabit had injuries and all will be back very soon. Lost their 4 games by under 15 points)
Grand Finalists: Wandella v Nully
Premiers: Nully (we all hope)
B/F: Daniel Bolton & Michael Rowe
Most Effective Recruit: D Needs
Leading Goal Kicker: M Rowe
Most Improved player: L Demorton, S Goldsmith

Well what a week it was in Golden Rivers Football. Wakool sitting 3rd on the ladder getting rolled by Hay, despite Daine Lowry (YCW Senior BnF last yr) jumping off the sinkin ship and returning to Wakool! Macorna Wandella, question is simple, who is going to stop the Needs train? Defenders may have to start bribing him with a 6 pack and packet of durries to not kick any sausage rolls! And Ultima, the team who has been upsetting a few big name teams gettin rolled by Moula? Close competition, these results have certainly helped Murrabit's chances of getting back in the top 4!

Well what a week it was in Golden Rivers Football. Wakool sitting 3rd on the ladder getting rolled by Hay, despite Daine Lowry (YCW Senior BnF last yr) jumping off the sinkin ship and returning to Wakool! Macorna Wandella, question is simple, who is going to stop the Needs train? Defenders may have to start bribing him with a 6 pack and packet of durries to not kick any sausage rolls! And Ultima, the team who has been upsetting a few big name teams gettin rolled by Moula? Close competition, these results have certainly helped Murrabit's chances of getting back in the top 4!

Some great results for the competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back