GRFL Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe Tubbz Coates will be joining the Tigers along with a couple of others from Cohuna. It will be interesting to see how they go, we have this discussion every year regarding Macorna. Is Needs still there or has he moved on?

Think needsy will prob go around again! What's reasons for Coates and others leaving Cohuna? Coin? Heard Cohuna lost a heap

I thought Cohuna have lost a fair spread to a few clubs, whats being said is Cohunas coach not that liked.

Players are not leaving Cohuna because of the coach, players are leaving because of the ridiculous amount of money they are being offered by other clubs, as one of the players leaving said 'I need to get money to buy a car and this is the only way, I'll be back next year' as someone else said, going to where they are won't improve their football. if I played 2's all year and a club offered me $500 a game I'd go as well.

Players are not leaving Cohuna because of the coach, players are leaving because of the ridiculous amount of money they are being offered by other clubs, as one of the players leaving said 'I need to get money to buy a car and this is the only way, I'll be back next year' as someone else said, going to where they are won't improve their football. if I played 2's all year and a club offered me $500 a game I'd go as well.

I am not so sure that playing seniors in a lesser league will improve their football. But correct in that money talks so good luck to the boys. I was speaking to one of the Cohuna people and he suggested that the only reason why Keam was getting a game was because he was the coach.

I am not so sure that playing seniors in a lesser league will improve their football (it won't). But correct in that money talks so good luck to the boys. I was speaking to one of the Cohuna people and he suggested that the only reason why Keam was getting a game was because he was the coach (I agree that happened last year, believe he is not playing this year, but that could change).

The grfl has certainly bridged the gap in standard over the past few years with the cmfl.
Grfl seniors is certainly better then cmfl reserves. If they were cm reserves players or fringe senior players playing 70% game time in a bp or fp, then going to golden rivers playing on the ball for money is going to better your footy and fill the pocket .

The grfl has certainly bridged the gap in standard over the past few years with the cmfl.
Grfl seniors is certainly better then cmfl reserves. If they were cm reserves players or fringe senior players playing 70% game time in a bp or fp, then going to golden rivers playing on the ball for money is going to better your footy and fill the pocket .
If your a fringe player in the CMFL and playing 70% of the game in the forward or back pocket, there is no way you will be playing on the ball in the GRFL. I think you will find that the top 6-10 players in the successful GRFL teams will be in the top dozen or so players in the successful CMFL teams. Its the depth that is different. I would love to see a player that was a fringe player in the CMFL last year line up against a Luke O'Toole or Scott Matiske etc running through the middle this year.

Good discussion guys but all said and done clubs need a certain quality of player and need not be the best but able to hold a position that they a recruited for.
And for the club they are leaving, there decision could be based on mates or the new club has a better atmosphere and if it was the money that made the difference so much the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is going to the GRFL for money any different to players going to the CMFL for money. Kerang seem to be the only CMFL club in recent years that has been able to keep there locals.

Slightly off topic, -
would be great to see how the grfl interleague side will go. Who will be certain starters?Don't know much about who they are playing but I would expect GR to win if all the guns play.

Is going to the GRFL for money any different to players going to the CMFL for money. Kerang seem to be the only CMFL club in recent years that has been able to keep there locals.

I think it's fantastic that Kerang have the ability to keep their locals and have them come back year after year, if your club is successful it is easier but in saying that they still pay a fair bit to get them back, it's not like they come back for free or little pay, they would be paying as much if not more than most clubs.

If your a fringe player in the CMFL and playing 70% of the game in the forward or back pocket, there is no way you will be playing on the ball in the GRFL. I think you will find that the top 6-10 players in the successful GRFL teams will be in the top dozen or so players in the successful CMFL teams. Its the depth that is different. I would love to see a player that was a fringe player in the CMFL last year line up against a Luke O'Toole or Scott Matiske etc running through the middle this year.

Luke O'Toole untaggable.

Think needsy will prob go around again! What's reasons for Coates and others leaving Cohuna? Coin? Heard Cohuna lost a heap

Shattering for Cohuna I would say! Coates and Williams were two of there young guns! Thought they would have done a lot more to keep them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick a inter league side from each club who?

Wakool- Wheatley, Paul, Gleeson, Kirkland,
Murrabit- Henry, Harvey
Hay- Mabon, Ned, Perrignon
Quambatook- Messer, Jochinke, Parker
Wandella- L. Bott, Anderson
Macorna- Mitrovic, Coates, Organ, Spalding
Moulamein- ????
Ultima- Luke O'Toole, Pay, Wilson
Nullawil- Scott Matiske, Kiegaldie, Oberdorfer, Watts, Free

Murrabit- Henry, Harvey
Moulamein- ????
Ha ha spalding you have got to be joking and no jack baker

Murrabit- Henry, Harvey
Moulamein- ????
Baker is a walk in and Dwyer from murrabit before spalding.
Kiegaldie oberdoefer are they going back to nully? Heard they were gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back