Other Gridiron Movies - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Replacements is currently on.

Finding it impossible to get into. Too unrealistic.

There is a WR in it who is the fastest player ever, but cant catch anything. Wouldn't he have already been playing for The Raiders?

Heyward-Brey? Steelers picked him up this off-season.. still not sold he makes the final roster.

For those who haven't seen 'DRAFT DAY' starring Kevin Costner with Denis 'I'm an a-hole' Leary.. here's the satirist dad from Pittsburgh giving you a quick review of the film..

The Replacements is currently on.

Finding it impossible to get into.

Same. Even slightly hungover on a Sunday afternoon with the house empty of wife & child I couldn't watch it.

Not even bad enough to be "so bad it's good".

So many tired cliches, so many bad performances, Gene Hackman must have been blackmailed to appear in it.

Ended up watching Invincible again instead. :)

The Blind Side is on tonight.

The book is approximately 5.75819 million times better than the movie. As portrayed in the film, the Tuohys are the most perfect family in the world, let alone the US. It's so saccharine sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Draft Day last night. Was okay. Kind of fairy tale stuff trade scenario's. If only shite went down like that in real life, especially for the Browns. Needed more JFF.

And someone can probably tell me..was the Mack they used in the football footage Kalil?

I finally got around to watching it on the weekend too, I enjoyed it, even with all it's improbability.

But it feels like a "watch it once" kinda movie. I can't really see many reasons to go back for a second viewing.

Synopsis looked like s**t so I wasn't planning on watching it on the plane.

Got bored and decided to watch it at the end of Melbourne-Dubai.
We had to put the tvs away (exit row seat) for landing. Had to stop it right when Goodell was coming out to say Bo was drafted.

Wanted to see the end as it was building up nicely, so watched it all again on Dubai-London. THen re-watched the last 30 minutes.

Watched Noah after that, then back to Draft Day, and the final 30 again.

So I watched it basically 3 times, plus the ending 2 more times.

American Airlines didn't have it so couldn't watch it again on London-New York.

Draft Day not shown by QANTAS in September :(

Might have to buy it on DVD when I get home.

Synopsis looked like s**t so I wasn't planning on watching it on the plane.

Got bored and decided to watch it at the end of Melbourne-Dubai.
We had to put the tvs away (exit row seat) for landing. Had to stop it right when Goodell was coming out to say Bo was drafted.

Wanted to see the end as it was building up nicely, so watched it all again on Dubai-London. THen re-watched the last 30 minutes.

Watched Noah after that, then back to Draft Day, and the final 30 again.

So I watched it basically 3 times, plus the ending 2 more times.

American Airlines didn't have it so couldn't watch it again on London-New York.

Draft Day not shown by QANTAS in September :(

Might have to buy it on DVD when I get home.

So you loved it then

Should've checked that it was Labor Day weekend in America when I booked my time in Orlando.
Not even going to dare go to the parks today or tomorrow.

Have just relaxed today, but tomorrow I'm thinking of going to the cinemas just down the road and watch

As the game stands tall. Or whatever the movie is about that high school team that went 151-0.

What are the WORST in your opinion?

As discussed recently, "The Replacements" is definitely in my bottom 5.

Aside from that I wasn't much a fan of:

Leatherheads (George Clooney, he might make women swoon but he is a REALLY bad director)
We Are Marshall - there was just too much OTT sentimentality in this one for my liking
Necessary Roughness - much like the replacements, just a bunch of clichéd scenes cobbled together to make a movie, I don't even think if finished this one.

As always I find IMDB helpful in jogging the memory and throwing up a few I haven't seen:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls055138054/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back