1. SPT brings you the latest in amateur sports tracking device. Check your speed, distance and heart rate through games.

Use the coupon code “BIGFOOTY” for a $15.00 discount - while stock lasts

2. Congratulations to referee and wpotter for tipping 8/9 and 11 points off the tie-breaker margin. FREE Platinum BFSC for you!

Get your tips in!

Grimes broken down again

Discussion in 'Richmond' started by Junior24, Nov 23, 2012.

Put it out there
  1. Stylo

Stylo All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Cool your jets. It's not like Harmichael and I attacked the guy. In the context of the discussion we stated the importance of having credibility, something I now realize he does have due to accurate posting in the past. My mistake. However, when you present bold statements as fact on a public forum people WILL question your credibility, they'd be stupid not to.
    Morro likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. rammbo

rammbo Team Captain

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Dont worry everybody im sure Burge will hav him going ballistic and tearing it up within a couple of weeks. :thumbsu:
  3. Riskingheadandshin

Riskingheadandshin Team Captain

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Not at the moment!;)
    In all seriousness, at 21, a modified season (or two) would not be the worst idea, IF it could mean 5 or 6 seasons of continuity....
    TJTIGER likes this.
  4. TJTIGER

TJTIGER BFSC Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Richmond VFL
    Having not long ago turned 21 i don't think DG has stopped growing. I'm hopeful that that will happen over the next year or so. It can leave players susceptible to injury due to training loads etc. Absolutely spewing for Dylan, if anyone can get passed this though it would be him. Just comes across as such a great young man, really good attitude etc :thumbsu:
    HeadandShin likes this.
  5. WATIGE

WATIGE BFSC Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Aussie Cricket, Ricciardo
    Misread that bit TJ and chortled at your cheek with claiming to be that young again - then i understood and all good :D:thumbsu:
    TJTIGER and Morro like this.
  6. the push up king

the push up king All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    OKC
    Alls cool, I wouldn't call what he said a bold statement tho.... Some don't feel it's important to divulge their links...
    Stylo likes this.
  7. bananatigz

bananatigz All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    my understanding is he has a split in the tendon connecting the muscle to the bone, either at the top or bottom. good and bad news to this, has no impact on the actual hamstring and once repaired shouldn't go again, however has a longer recovery time to your average tear
    WATIGE likes this.
  8. Bojangles17

Bojangles17 Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Interesting, you would think with 4 months to start of season he should be thereabouts
  9. Bazzar

Bazzar Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    And once you start spilling the beans on confidential info you will never be trusted again by your sources. Best to keep schtum.
  10. Terry Tan

Terry Tan Team Captain

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Oakland Raiders
    this is his 3rd hamstring injury this year, and tearing it off the bone in 2011.

we should now consider Grimes an unlikely starter and make plans for him to not be available.

And if he is available, it will be a bonus.

Good luck to the kid, hope he can beat this injury and make it back to play regular footy.
  11. Stylo

Stylo All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    So what your saying is, this is actually an injury he hasn't done before (that we know of)? That would make me feel much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Madison

Madison All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    What's that saying about counting chickens?

Oh that's right, 2009 just came screaming back to me
  13. Livonski

Livonski All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    If only it were that simple. His problem is over extending, reaching etc further than his hammies are designed to go. So whenever the ball is thereabouts he's bound to lunge at it, he can't help it. Remember when they tried to teach Cyril to change his running style, it was for the same reason.
    I'm hoping he just grows out of this. But really it's just blind hope.
  14. SpineDr

SpineDr All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Hers a study that looks at outcomes FYI. Maybe we all need to relax.
    Surgical treatment of partial tears of the proximal origin of the hamstring muscles Br J Sports Med 2006;40:688-69147 athletes (48 cases, 1 bilateral) with partial proximal hamstring tears were operated on. Results: The mean length of the follow up was 36 months (range 6–72). The result of the operation was rated excellent in 33 cases, good in nine, fair in four, and poor in two. Forty one patients were able to return to their former level of sport after an average of five months

Conclusion:
    According to our results, it seems that excellent or good outcomes may be expected after surgical repair in most cases of partial proximal hamstring tear. However, surgery is technically easier in the acute phase
  15. Kyusss

Kyusss Team Captain

Richmond
    Other teams:
    49ers, Mavericks, Canucks
    This is the other hamstring to the one he had looked at in Germany
  16. Tas

Tas BFSC Gold

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    There can be only one...
    It is not a hamstring muscle tear, it is a split in the tendon that joins the hamstring to the back of the knee. Only problem with tendons and ligaments is there isn't much blood flow through them which makes repair time a lot slower. Some serious tendon damage can take 6-12 months or longer to heal properly, so it is a lot more serious than a hamstring. Thankfully it is only a minor split, hate seeing players down hurt, especially guys with a history of injuries.
    TJTIGER and Stylo like this.
  17. Stylo

Stylo All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Could be wrong, but I thought he had both looked at? As in, calf blood etc. was done on both.
  18. SpineDr

SpineDr All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    How do you know its the distal end of the hamstring where it attaches to the knee?
    TJTIGER likes this.
  19. rfctiger74

rfctiger74 BFSC Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    76'ers
    Actually he does.

This is an anon Internet forum, and most of us have no idea who each other are, our networks, and our professions.

As such, most have the same level of cred, minimal at best.

If you come on making bold claims, you will be questioned and asked to verify, without question. If you are too precious to accept that, keep your information to yourself and don't spill.

Right or wrong, no one get immunity from having their allegeded mail questioned. If this isnt acceptable, don't post private confidential information.
    Stylo likes this.
  20. Tas

Tas BFSC Gold

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    There can be only one...
    I didn't mean to be specific, I meant from the back of the knee to the hip. :p I have no idea which one he hurt.
  21. Harmichael

Harmichael All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Whoever's playing Carlton.
    *coughdoozycough* :rolleyes:
    Stylo and rfctiger90 like this.
  22. theflea

theflea Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    imo both griff and astbury are better by foot. griff esp so.
  23. Capitano_Cotch

Capitano_Cotch All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Juventus FC
    Maybe as a set kick, but I do believe Grimes can rebound better from the back and is better by foot on the run.
    Whenever he plays he sets up a lot of our attacks from the back third of the ground, something which Griff and Astbury don't do as well.
    Grimes reminds me a lot of D. Fletcher.
    TJTIGER likes this.
  24. theflea

theflea Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    sorry mate still disagree. the amount of times griff set us up i cant count to. astbury while injured is also a better kick set still or not. grimes has improved alot with his kicking and while might be quicker from hand to foot imo is not a better kick than them. just my view.
    tigs2010 likes this.
  25. Capitano_Cotch

Capitano_Cotch All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Juventus FC
    It's actually a good thing that we're having this little debate.
    Remember the days when we would cringe at most players who had the ball in their hand? :p
    Not anymore. :thumbsu: