NFL Gruden's QB Camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you find any full or partial ones of past years or current years, please post.

Also, if having watched all of these and others, which QB prospects, based on Gruden's QB Camp itself, impressed you?

Anyway, here's a number of other full ones from 2012.

CASE KEENUM
{deleted}

KIRK COUSINS
{deleted}

KELLEN MOORE
{deleted}

RUSSELL WILSON
{deleted}

BROCK OSWEILER
{deleted}

Last edited:
Just watched the Osweiler one. I wouldn't even look at him untill the 5th round in the draft. He'd be a good developmental QB, but I wouldn't even entrust him as a backup, #3 QB now, but has the potential to be an average QB. Height is the only factor he's here, if he were 7 inches shorter, I wouldn't even entrust him to lead a CFL team. I agree with Gruden though, the height here is a disadvantage, and opportunistic defenders will read him like a book. He needs to master eye manipulation otherwise he wont ever do anything at the top level.

Aug 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Browns, Buckeyes, Leeds
Just watched the Osweiler one. I wouldn't even look at him untill the 5th round in the draft. He'd be a good developmental QB, but I wouldn't even entrust him as a backup, #3 QB now, but has the potential to be an average QB. Height is the only factor he's here, if he were 7 inches shorter, I wouldn't even entrust him to lead a CFL team. I agree with Gruden though, the height here is a disadvantage, and opportunistic defenders will read him like a book. He needs to master eye manipulation otherwise he wont ever do anything at the top level.

He also seems to have a streak of arrogance instead of confidence. A bit of a know it all smug look on his face. I like him in the third round to a team like Dallas or Kansas City. Watching those shows makes every QB look like a potential star. I liked the look and sound of:

Wilson
Tannehill
Weedon
Moore
Cousins - seemed a little defensive and intense, but eager to improve and learn.

On the other hand the two guys I think have a bit to go are:
Osweiler - too much confidence
Foles - not enough confidence

He also seems to have a streak of arrogance instead of confidence. A bit of a know it all smug look on his face. I like him in the third round to a team like Dallas or Kansas City.
That's another thing I thought of him.
I could see the Chiefs taking a massive punt on him too.

But 3rd?
I think of 3rd as a backup QB quality with potential to be a star, someone like Moore.

The way I see Osweiler is a complete project. Someone to fill that 3rd QB roster space who can perhaps move up the charts, he COULD become a star but it's going to take years (like 3-5) to be starting material, and his contract as a 3rd is too much for a long term project like this. I wouldn't even look at him untill the 5th, and even then, at the Falcons, I wouldn't look at him untill about pick 249. (Our last pick just to avoid risk losing him to another team as an UDFA)

There's only two QBs worthy of a 2nd round pick this draft, and the Dolphins are going to reach for Tannehill with pick 8 while I i doubt Weeden will sneak past the Browns so there wont be any worthy of the pick in the 2nd round by the Cards pick

Cousins I could see being taken as the 5th or 6th overall QB (with Moore) in the 3rd round,

Cousins is the best of those 3, I'd actually consider him as a backup.

Clear top 6 QB in my eyes.

Foles is a dud and I'd just let him head to Canada now.

Osweiller has potential but it'll take years for that to payoff, if my backup was s**t, I'd look at him in the 5th round, but when a team as an adequate backup, I'd pounce in the 7th, just to ensure I had SOMEONE who COULD become decent if given 3-5 years to improve his flaws.

Aug 15, 2006
Richmond
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Browns, Buckeyes, Leeds
Cousins is the best of those 3, I'd actually consider him as a backup.

Clear top 6 QB in my eyes.

Foles is a dud and I'd just let him head to Canada now.

Osweiller has potential but it'll take years for that to payoff, if my backup was s**t, I'd look at him in the 5th round, but when a team as an adequate backup, I'd pounce in the 7th, just to ensure I had SOMEONE who COULD become decent if given 3-5 years to improve his flaws.

3-5 years is a bloody long time! I doubt any GM will take him if they think it is going to take that long for him to develop. I don't think Cousins has the arm strength to play in the Arizona vertical offence.

ROSEMVP

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2010
United Center
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Case and Kellen are going to be steals imo. Poor Kellen, How Ryan Tannerhill got up so high in the draft and Kellen who was 50-3 or something in college will be lucky to be drafted.

tb_fanboy

Cancelled
NFL Prediction Comp Participant
Mar 1, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Denver, UO, NY
3-5 years is a bloody long time! I doubt any GM will take him if they think it is going to take that long for him to develop. I don't think Cousins has the arm strength to play in the Arizona vertical offence.

So DB now that Denver has drafted Osweiler what is your opinion? I haven't seen any of him or Caleb Hanie* play so if Peyton goes down who gets the gig? If Manning doesn't, do you see the situation as a good one? (3yr contract to PM and in your words about 3years to develop into starter material)

I'm assuming Hanie as he has starts with the Bears

So DB now that Denver has drafted Osweiler what is your opinion? I haven't seen any of him or Caleb Hanie* play so if Peyton goes down who gets the gig? If Manning doesn't, do you see the situation as a good one? (3yr contract to PM and in your words about 3years to develop into starter material)

I'm assuming Hanie as he has starts with the Bears
Hanie gets the gig in a heartbeat.
Osweiler needs 2-3 years to overtake JaMarcus Russell...
That's how far back he's coming from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gruden’s QB Camp expands to non-quarterbacks

jongrudenchuckyface.jpg

From September through December, we see Jon Gruden every Monday night. But we never see his acid-tongued alter ego, Chucky.

Fortunately, Chucky makes an appearance every Spring, in the weeks preceding the draft. Chucky returns in 2013, with the fourth installment of Jon Gruden’s QB Camp.

This year, with a thinner-than-usual crop of elite quarterbacks, Gruden will go beyond the most important position on the field, sitting down with Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel, South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore, and — yes — Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o.

The quarterbacks who’ll get the Gruden treatment include USC’s Matt Barkley, Tyler Bray of Tennessee, Miami (Ohio) product Zac Dysert, N.C. State’s Mike Glennon, Landry Jones of Oklahoma, Florida State Seminole E.J. Manuel, Ryan Nassib of Syracuse, West Virginia’s Geno Smith,and Tyler Wilson of Arkansas.

Air dates and times have not yet been determined.

Jun 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Chargers
Impressed with Bridgewater in his Gruden camp segment. Threw well too (wore a glove this time). First game Gruden highlighted was game Sugar Bowl game against Florida when Bostic nearly killed him first play and went on and went on to play clutch and defeat Florida. * proday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back