Grundog49's Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Danyle Pearce with better game sense mean a Danyle Pearce who doesn't do allot of stupid things?

I'd love that.

If he turns up in a Final he will be better that Danyle Pearce!

These are the comparisons after a preseason or 2 could play like

Avoid comparisons, there is no way on earth someone is a more skilled Buygoyne, a better defensive player than Carlile (AA defender form), and a better skilled Jobe Watson! The draft itself is okay, though.

Thanks bombersno1 for the feed back

No problem. As I said the draft is good, especially up to say 15 or so, maybe describe the player rater than do a comparison, just an idea. I have done one the last few years, just haven't seen enough this year to do one, and I'd be doing one from thin air based on needs.

Will be interesting if anyone gets close this year. The first round is a lottery this year. Whilst it is even, apart from Brayshaw and Petracca, the rest could all be average or worldbeaters. I do feel Clem Smith is the value pick, people forget how good he was last season.

No problem. As I said the draft is good, especially up to say 15 or so, maybe describe the player rater than do a comparison, just an idea. I have done one the last few years, just haven't seen enough this year to do one, and I'd be doing one from thin air based on needs.

Will be interesting if anyone gets close this year. The first round is a lottery this year. Whilst it is even, apart from Brayshaw and Petracca, the rest could all be average or worldbeaters. I do feel Clem Smith is the value pick, people forget how good he was last season.

I do recall Smith was touted as a top 5 pick this time last year.
Seems like there are obvious reasons why he is being rated less but improvement in teenage athletes is a strange pick and he still could have a lot to offer.

Does anymone know much about jarod Pickett and also I'm curious about Clem smith apparently the next Byron Pickett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anymone know much about jarod Pickett and also I'm curious about Clem smith apparently the next Byron Pickett

Pickett has a lot of elite traits. Outside but your side has enough 'grunt' inside mids. Clem Smith I liked last year but has fallen off a cliff in the ratings this season. Could be the steal of the draft, has the talent.

I personally don't really mind player comparisons. They're what the phantomer think that player most resembles, the best players of that type are always going to be the ones on the forefront of the mind.

Doing your first PD is a massive learning curve. Grundog49, i'm assuming you're fairly young? Nice effort, but as mentioned above, you can't make short player pen pics of a few words and in doing so compare new draftees with established superstars of the game. Especially when saying the players are 'more talented' in some areas. You need to build up your reasoning for comparisons and potentialities.

Seriously some of the dumbest posts ever have come from you truth be told. Should I mention Tom swift?
I also have no time for a supporter who changes clubs.
If you criticise you shall get it back.

Reminds me of Pitt (the guy Freo drafted who retired)...these skinny blokes...for every Nat Fyfe there are 3000 duds.

UPDATE: Im doin the first round in more detail and the second round by the end of the week
Upon reading over it again, i don't think you should bother. Take the advice of the feedback. Hopefully these players do become better than the Brownlow medalists, grand final winners and champions of the game you've s**t-canned.

Focus on 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back