Movie Guardians of the Galaxy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw it today, another good fun movie by Marvel. They really are wiping the floor with DC when it comes to having fun in Movies. They leave DC feeling depressed and overly moody when they release films.

Will be interesting to see what direction they take with the sequel in 2017...

Just saw it today, another good fun movie by Marvel. They really are wiping the floor with DC when it comes to having fun in Movies. They leave DC feeling depressed and overly moody when they release films.

Will be interesting to see what direction they take with the sequel in 2017...
Not sure if this is a spoiler but just to make sure:

Considering both the avengers and guardians are after the same bloke surely the next one will be a team up? Was not expecting to see Thanos in GOTG, thought they would've saved him for later!

Last edited:

Considering both the avengers and guardians are after the same bloke surely the next one will be a team up? Was not expecting to see Thanos in GOTG, thought they would've saved him for later!

The theory at the moment is that at the end of Avengers 2, Stark litterally throws the Hulk into space because his rage required to stop Ultron causes him to completely lose control. In the comics, the Hulk runs into the GoG via this story line, and the theory then is that Avengers 3 could have Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and the Guardians team up against Thanos, or something to that effect.

What a great movie; so much fun. I think I only laughed out loud once or twice, but I was constantly smiling, both at gags and at set pieces. Great action, a good amount of heart and a perfect entry into the Marvel Cosmic Universe.

Seen it twice now - second time was as fun as the first. It was a really balanced movie and it worked. Seriously considering taking my 8 yr old son to it and having another rewatch.

At work, I try and catch as much of it as possible. It's superb.

9/10

lost my s**t at this

500px-Groot-Smile.png

I was entertained and liked it over the Avengers, but I don't think I will remember these movies in ten, twenty years like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Something about the ongoing piss taking that just takes any gravity out of any climactic situation.

I was entertained and liked it over the Avengers, but I don't think I will remember these movies in ten, twenty years like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. Something about the ongoing piss taking that just takes any gravity out of any climactic situation.

In fairness mate that's still a pretty big compliment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everytime Rooker was in a scene i was thinking of the great Merle. Good to see he has some of the merle killer instinct in him. fantastic actor to portray the ranger.

john c reilly also played his part well too. s**t, everyone did!!

Zoe Saldana as gamora was beautiful. she really does lend her beauty to space roles. as basketball board brethren (nufan, Vincent Chase, stewie griffen, nbaman1) can vouch for, ebony folk aren't my cup of tea. but she is stunning.

rocket was my fave character. his facial expressions were gold. as was his quick wit. it seemed that all the characters bounced off each other when it came to comedy.

the only minor criticism i could think of was when the ronan keating was about to destroy everyone, how can a evil mastermind simply stand there and ask starlord wtf is he doing without realising something wasnt right? i mean, someone full of hate should've just laid waste to everyone as soon as he got up

Vin Diesel - do I need to explain? he normally puts in a wooden performance (oh yes!) but this was his best work
Batista - Horrible human being, but he was very good in this
Chris Pratt - I'm converted, I like him now

Saw it yesterday and went in with no expectations (didn't really think a movie with a racoon, tree thing and Batista could add up to a good thing) and really enjoyed it. Solid 8/10 for me.

More of a DC guy myself but I found the humour in GoTG pretty good and the soundtrack well done too.

Is this the last movie before the Avengers: Age of Ultron? When is Avengers 2 meant to be releasing anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back