Movie Guardians of the Galaxy

Remove this Banner Ad

was thinking about this on monday night. over recent times we have seen more wrestlers take roles in movies:

steve austin (who is stone cold)
batista
randy couture
the rock dwayne johnson
hulk hogan

although they are not actors first and foremost, they do have some skill in the profession. why? cause wrestling is mostly acting!

I went in with ludicrously low expectations for Batista, but I thought he was actually quite good.

Could have similar potential to The Rock as someone who can play the action hero, but this showed he was more than comfortable taking the piss as well. All depends on the script though.

I went in with ludicrously low expectations for Batista, but I thought he was actually quite good.

Could have similar potential to The Rock as someone who can play the action hero, but this showed he was more than comfortable taking the piss as well. All depends on the script though.
Problem is, the Rock has more charisma in one eyebrow than Batista does in his whole body. He can find a niche though.

Problem is, the Rock has more charisma in one eyebrow than Batista does in his whole body. He can find a niche though.
Rock will forever be THE guy to go to for great humour and action but if he is unavailable, then Batista is. He's been taking a lot Of acting classes and can only improve.

9/10

lost my s**t at this

500px-Groot-Smile.png

Yes. Had me in tears.

Wasn't sure about it before hand as the trailers weren't too exciting but wasn't too bad movie, only a couple of slow bits and maybe could've swapped the Karen Gillan and the blue woman around, Karen Gillan has a lot more talent than whoever that other woman was.

Far better than the last Planet of the Apes movie where the whole 2 hours of that were made up of seeing how many different facial expressions you can get out of a CGI monkey.

Wasn't sure about it before hand as the trailers weren't too exciting but wasn't too bad movie, only a couple of slow bits and maybe could've swapped the Karen Gillan and the blue woman around, Karen Gillan has a lot more talent than whoever that other woman was.

Far better than the last Planet of the Apes movie where the whole 2 hours of that were made up of seeing how many different facial expressions you can get out of a CGI monkey.
Karen Gillan was the blue woman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Planet of the apes was amazing.

and watched it again.

not sure if id go watch it a third time as impatience would kick in.

nothing else garnered through second time viewing. was looking for bits missed before.

gamora looks fantastic
in one scene when shes walking away from camera. nice gap and bottom wiggle

Haha I know it's down to opinion. Perhaps the hype was too much and it failed in comparison.

I wanted to like it. I really did.
I'm not a huge Marvel comic fan. I'd rate Winter Soldier as my favourite of the bunch by a fair way. But I'd heard such good things about this movie.
However, the combination of a phoned-in antagonist and that feeling of complete inevitability as to where the movie was going to end up made it feel stale rather than fresh to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back