Movie Guardians of the Galaxy

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally watched this the other night. The soundtrack was the best part of this movie. Don't get the love for it, was just an alright movie to me.

i wholeheartedly agree. the soundtrack will live on for all time.

watched it for the upteenth time on the plane monday. thoroughly entertaining.

I, too, have noticed the stigma that seems to be unfairly attached to going to a movie by yourself. I mean you say, "I went to the cinema to see "x" alone", and people look at you with the same bemused and disgusted gaze they would offer you if you told them "I pulled my utensil out in a cinema" instead; like you're a massive social pariah, or something.

Maybe because I grew up with loud parents who talked through every movie ever, but I prefer watching movies alone first, to soak them in and have an uninterrupted experience, then maybe a second time with friends.

What if you did both.

I finally saw it oN DVD after Mrs Bojangles thought it was a 'kids movie' and didn't want to go. Quite enjoyed it, even the cheese. The Kevin Bacon theory was great.

I, too, have noticed the stigma that seems to be unfairly attached to going to a movie by yourself. I mean you say, "I went to the cinema to see "x" alone", and people look at you with the same bemused and disgusted gaze they would offer you if you told them "I pulled my utensil out in a cinema" instead; like you're a massive social pariah, or something.

Maybe because I grew up with loud parents who talked through every movie ever, but I prefer watching movies alone first, to soak them in and have an uninterrupted experience, then maybe a second time with friends.

It's weird how it seems the norm to watch movies with other people. During the movie itself there's no social interaction because you're trying to enjoy the movie and not be those idiots who talk during the movie. Though it's good to talk about the movie afterwards with someone when it's still fresh in your mind.

It's weird how it seems the norm to watch movies with other people. During the movie itself there's no social interaction because you're trying to enjoy the movie and not be those idiots who talk during the movie. Though it's good to talk about the movie afterwards with someone when it's still fresh in your mind.
I love the post mortem chat but hate when you go with someone and they to talk to you the whole time.

isnt it funny how in teenage days, dating was about dinner and a movie? for 1.5-2 hours you are sitting there not speaking. i guess one is hoping for some nookie nookie where talking is not required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wholeheartedly agree. the soundtrack will live on for all time.

watched it for the upteenth time on the plane monday. thoroughly entertaining.

It was the gimmick of the fantastic
Seventies soundtrack in an SF movie and Groot was less wooden than Zoe Saldana

I love the post mortem chat but hate when you go with someone and they to talk to you the whole time.

I can't stand kids who cannot make out the difference between watching a movie at home and watching one at a movie theatre - I demand total silence!!!

Watched it this afternoon and it's the most entertaining Marvel movie I've seen. But that's not saying much, they're usually not that good (unless you're a comic fanboy - I have not read a single Marvel comic). Marvel Cinematic Universe films I have now watched are Iron Man, Thor, Marvel's The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy. Are they going to have a movie about the talking duck at the end?

Setting it not on Earth and in space with made up planets was a great, fresh change and visually entertaining, and the comedy felt smoother and funnier than usual (i.e. one of kamikaze planes landing in a pool lol). I suspect it was easier to write an entertaining film because no one gave a s**t about these characters compared to the usual superhero problem of this-is-how-character-x-behaves-and-we-can't-deviate. The victory with no consequences ending was as stale as usual though. Portmanteau said they need an Empire Strikes Back ending in one of these films and that's definitely true. Good guys winning with only scratches and bruises is predictable, boring AND NOT REALISTIC.

Ideally Zoe Saldana will show her green breasts in the next movie and Bootista will wear a flat cap, sunnies, Georgetown jersey, skinny jeans and winter boots.

Needed more Karen Gillan.

Would've looked better with white skin and red hair. I'm not into bald blue women (racist).

A watch it at home at movie.

Every Marvel movie is an at home for free movie.

The Rock is the obvious stand-out for wrestlers turned actors.

Too bad he's only in s**t movies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back