Movie Guardians of the Galaxy

Remove this Banner Ad

think this explains it

The Aether, the item fought over in Thor: The Dark World, is another Infinity Stone, the one known as reality. It can be absorbed, and used as a source of nearly unlimited power. By the end of the film the Aether is "given" to the Collector for safe keeping and, as we know from Guardians of the Galaxy, the Collector is actively trying to buy other Infinity Stones.

In fact, The Collector nearly had two of them in his possession, which would have made him one of the most powerful beings in existence, if he chose, or was able, to wield their power. In fact, it was the second Thor movie that gave the Infinity Stones a name, and the Collector begins a sort of countdown. "One down," he says. "Five to go."

No he said it WHEN he got the Aether.
Now he has 2

Thats what I meant to say, although its likely the Aether wasnt in his POSSESSION when the Guardians visited, as it was already with Thanos...Otherwise that explosion could have released it again, possibly.

Tesseract - Blue
Aether - Red
Orb - Purple
Soul stone - Gold

Surely we get one in DR STRANGE and the last in either BLACK PANTHER , GOTG 2 or CAPTAIN MARVEL ?....

Tesseract - Blue
Aether - Red
Orb - Purple
Soul stone - Gold

Surely we get one in DR STRANGE and the last in either BLACK PANTHER , GOTG 2 or CAPTAIN MARVEL ?....
I reckon they'll factor in a big way in Doctor Strange and the new Thor. They seem the most logical ones to give a detailed explanation about them in.

Had heard only good things about this movie and finally sat down to watch it this evening. Got a bit over half way, i think. WTF does anyone see in this movie? Dudebro in space featuring Timon and Poomba and generic female assassin/martial arts expert. Lazy storytelling, cheesy unfunny one liners, and every 2nd shot looks like they are posing for the DVD cover. Hated it.

Had heard only good things about this movie and finally sat down to watch it this evening. Got a bit over half way, i think. WTF does anyone see in this movie? Dudebro in space featuring Timon and Poomba and generic female assassin/martial arts expert. Lazy storytelling, cheesy unfunny one liners, and every 2nd shot looks like they are posing for the DVD cover. Hated it.

Had the misfortune of my sister giving this to me for my birthday present in 2014.
She asked me had I seen the movie and what I thought.
Suffice to say I won't be getting many presents in the future.
I concur with your analysis.
Felt like A New Hope but without any legitimate stakes.
Plus generic bad guy is generic.

Every movie must be unique, deep and 100% worth watching.

Right? Am I right? Can I get a high five? Anyone? Please?
Correct

But this movie is ******* ace

Every movie must be unique, deep and 100% worth watching.

Right? Am I right? Can I get a high five? Anyone? Please?

Of course not. But shitty movies can and do exist and that was one of them. I just wonder why it's so popular (outside of the pre-teen boy demographic).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not. But shitty movies can and do exist and that was one of them. I just wonder why it's so popular (outside of the pre-teen boy demographic).

Because it was silly fun and in a world thats depressing and soon to probably be cataclysmic sometimes silly fun is whats needed.

Because it was silly fun and in a world thats depressing and soon to probably be cataclysmic sometimes silly fun is whats needed.

The popularity of movies like this is one of the things I find depressing about the world.

You'd best not go see Deadpool then, you'll likely off yourself in the cinema foyer afterwards.

Bummer. I was actually planning on it after hearing some rave reviews.

I went into GotG wanting to like it, but I like there be to some logical premise, even if it's only logical in the movie's universe. Why does a kid abducted as an 8 year old talk like a frat boy and have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Earth's pop-culture? What happened in those missing 25 years (or whatever) at the start of the movie that explain this character? If he's just that way because audiences think it's endearing and funny, and there's no explanation of how it could be so, that bugs me. I feel like I'm outside the movie looking in. Then you have predictable one-liners and over-used tropes, the movie poster "posing", characters explaining their motives at the first opportunity to whoever wants to listen, characters having powers or equipment that was never mentioned before (and may have been previously useful) but they just whip it out when the plot calls for it to get out of a supposedly hopeless situation....it all adds up to me feeling manipulated and resentful. Like they have a checklist of stuff the audience will like and just slap it all together and call it a movie. And everyone eats it up.

I went into GotG wanting to like it, but I like there be to some logical premise, even if it's only logical in the movie's universe. Why does a kid abducted as an 8 year old talk like a frat boy and have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Earth's pop-culture? What happened in those missing 25 years (or whatever) at the start of the movie that explain this character? If he's just that way because audiences think it's endearing and funny, and there's no explanation of how it could be so, that bugs me. I feel like I'm outside the movie looking in. Then you have predictable one-liners and over-used tropes, the movie poster "posing", characters explaining their motives at the first opportunity to whoever wants to listen, characters having powers or equipment that was never mentioned before (and may have been previously useful) but they just whip it out when the plot calls for it to get out of a supposedly hopeless situation....it all adds up to me feeling manipulated and resentful. Like they have a checklist of stuff the audience will like and just slap it all together and call it a movie. And everyone eats it up.

Which Comic-book films do you like? What are some other Sci-Fi/Fantasy films you have enjoyed?

Which Comic-book films do you like? What are some other Sci-Fi/Fantasy films you have enjoyed?

Comic-book films, not so many I guess. I liked Kick-Ass. I've watched Walking Dead from the start, swearing off it a few times but usually coming back and catching up. Sci-Fi, I grew up on the Star Wars movies (I'm 41) and liked the most recent installment. I also grew up on Fantasy novels and enjoyed the LOTR movies. Big Game of Thrones fan.

I wouldn't have watched GotG if I thought being a comic-book fan (or comic book movie fan) was a requirement, but it seemed to have much broader appeal than that.

Except for the knowledge of Earth pop culture, most of that relates to Star wars as well.

Just watched it again. Enjoyed it.

Sad that the novas all died later

I reckon that they chose to not show this keeps Nova Corp well and truly in the game. Don't forget, Thanos was only wiping out half of these planets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back