Guess What The Worst Part About Today Was?

Remove this Banner Ad

What worries me is that we might lose to Melbourne next week.
If Kerr comes back in I favour the Eagles to beat Melbourne but if we haved the same team as we had today we might lose to Melbourne.

Until our best players come back in, we are so vulnerable.

WE WILL NEED A COMPLETE REBUILD which will take a few years in my opinion
Our recruiters are making mistakes like missing out on Murdoch, Jetta.

We need to find a replacement for Priddis with a bigger bodied midfielder.

Not sure if serious?

If we are worried about trolls on forums having a go at us, then that's another problem we can add to the list.

A lot of very intelligent posters are on the main board still, even though you have to sift through the trolls to find them.

My aim was to get us thinking and let others know we realise the problem. Next home game I bet there is improvement. Problem is we will beat Carlton and the problem occurs when we are getting beat.

I know for a fact some of our players are embarrassed about the things our crowd does.

To even think that this is just Eagles fans is absurd. That is the problem. How about having a go at football goers in general?
I have had the unfortunate event of sitting next to people that don't support the Eagles and go to games without caring about the result and make arses of themselves. Shouting randomly and booing. This happens heaps in the outdoor corporate boxes section. They get a free day at the Footy and free food and get to hang s**t on everyone. I don't bother asking what team they actually support in some way of tarring all people that support that team with the same brush. I just think what a moron.

Do you find when you visit areas with a large cross section of the community that people bother you? This intensifies when you throw in a sport that people are passionate about and sit like sardines in tins to watch. Its not difficult to understand.

I am glad you have made yourself some beacon of hope for an otherwise unwashed mass that has no clue about footy. Carry on your brave work.

My aim was to get us thinking and let others know we realise the problem. Next home game I bet there is improvement. Problem is we will beat Carlton and the problem occurs when we are getting beat.

I know for a fact some of our players are embarrassed about the things our crowd does.
So you think that by making a post on Bigfooty you are going to change the crowds behaviour next game? I think that is delusional.

I didn't go yesterday as I was in Broome, however when I do go (usually every fortnight) I don't sit and ponder about whether I should clap or cheer or boo a decision with any sort of logic. I go because I love the theatre of the crowd, the fact that we are all there to support the same team, the emotional response to a brilliant piece of play or a head shakingly rubbish umpiring decision. It is almost a primal response to what is happening in front of you, not a logical well thought out critique.

The logical part of you analyses the replay and realises that umpiring decision may have been correct after all, or Priddis wasn't as s**t as you thought he was. But you can't then take back the boos or the comments made in the heat of the moment.
Quite frankly, I wouldn't want to take them back either, that's what going to the football is about, letting go of reality and being lost in the heat of the battle for a couple of hours a fortnight and giving our team any sort of advantage we can manage.

As for the players being embarrassed, some of the s**t they do on the field embarrasses me sometimes too! But we are all in it together so we forgive and forget.

Give them hell West Coast!

My aim was to get us thinking and let others know we realise the problem. Next home game I bet there is improvement.
The problem as you put it is with old members who have no idea about football complaining too much? And you truely believe that by starting a thread on BigFooty that you will make a difference.

Tip - not one of those members will read it.

I think it is you who are trolling.

I've been to Melbourne plenty of times and no other group of fans are as pathetic when we lose.

I HIGHLY doubt you've been to any other games in Australia, because if you had you wouldn't have a reason to post the crap OP on this or the main board. Every stadium and it's fans are the same. To suggest we're the only ones that boo, blame umpires and walk out early just shows how little you know. All you've done is jump on the bandwagon of sh_tslinging from the Bay and the main board and tried to distance yourself in the eyes of other posters from the other fans of West Coast. Real Pathetic effort.

Oh, and thanks also for drawing even more attention to this useless issue now on the main board, now we've got that to deal with all year again :thumbsu:

We have 40.000 people going to our games. About 10 probably read your message. Most of them wouldn't even be on this site.

Not a useless issue, and I never said we are the only fans that do it. We are definitely the worst overall at dealing with losses. You could hear a pin drop when we are losing. No chanting from our members at all.

May have little effect, but at least those on here will know it's an issue.

I'm not alone here, just wanted to see the reaction if I put this on a forum.

No, come on point made. I will save my gripe about the umpiring for a thread where I bag my fellow Eagles supporters about having said gripe.

Not a useless issue, and I never said we are the only fans that do it. We are definitely the worst overall at dealing with losses. You could hear a pin drop when we are losing. No chanting from our members at all.

If you are a regular to this forum you knew it'd have a big reaction. Especially after the Chris Scott whinge and the week of articles in the papers that followed.

Maybe casue Melbourne crowds are generally 50/50 so someone is always happy? So that means there is always noise? Oddly enough when the Eagles fans are quiet about us losing I hear these other people arc up at the city end of the ground. Disgraceful behaviour, some of them even jeer at free kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair is so far in front of Lycett it aint funny, scooter looks disinterested and priddis is even slower this year. We will be ok top 8 now but not much chance of top 4 I would be guessing.

No offense to anyone else on here, but aside from creating an intimidating atmosphere at Subi I couldn't really care less whether you get there late, leave early, bag the players, love the players, are knowledgeable or dumb as s**t, scream loud, clap quietly or whatever demographic you come from.

I go to watch the team on the ground, don't give half a steaming schnapper about the people around me (unless they have bad BO).

You're neither my family nor my friends and you don't represent or reflect me or West Coast in any way other than as bank rollers.

No offense to anyone else on here, but aside from creating an intimidating atmosphere at Subi I couldn't really care less whether you get there late, leave early, bag the players, love the players, are knowledgeable or dumb as s**t, scream loud, clap quietly or whatever demographic you come from.

I go to watch the team on the ground, don't give half a steaming schnapper about the people around me (unless they have bad BO).

You're neither my family nor my friends and you don't represent or reflect me or West Coast in any way other than as bank rollers.

You should have finished with "And you can kiss my shiny metal ass" :D

Build the new stadium ASAP otherwise none of the new fans will get a crack and the same morons will continue to ruin it.

Worst thing is we lose respect from the rest of the league.

First thoughts about this thread?
View attachment 15157
But reading various comments here and GDT, some sillys will not be happy unless our team looked thus:

Goddard Glass H Shaw
R Shaw Hurn Waters
Pendelbury Swan Watson
Rioli Franklin Tex Walker
Lecras JJ Kennedy D Beams
Foll: Cotchin, Ablett, Naitanui

We have what we have, but they weren't playing to their ability that's the frustrating part the OP seems to miss here. Taking it to the mainboard to invite snipers? F'wit move.

I just got a boner.

Couldn't agree more OP. Geez I hate listening to some of the crap that comes out of our supporters mouths.

It's round two ffs, we have 6 of our best 22 out injured. Hawks r a very good side.
6? I'd argue 8 of our best 22...

NN
Kerr
Rosa
Wellingham
Lecras
EMac
Nico
McGinnity

McGinnity is a bench player when fit, and a fit Nico would be starting 18, albeit he may never again reach the heights of his 2011 season.

Hawks played better and harder and wanted it more, simple.
Yes there were some crap weak ticky touch frees late in the game but credit to Hawks who played better and won.
we do have some poor fans with low intellect of the actual rules of the game but so does every team, our expectations are a little high at the moment and not being lived up to which is probably upsetting a lot of us more than usual.

But.......... I would not be surprised to see us go on and win the next 8-10 games in a row. After Melb we will be actually starting to get some match fitness and gun players back. After 6 rounds these first 2 will be ancient history.(yes I have said this same thing in another thread)

Our fans.

Reminds me of Australian cricket team fans. Bunch of spoiled babies who just moan and complain and find easy blame options. Imagine being a ******* Melbourne supporter!!

Heard someone abusing Cox and saying he was unfit. Even heard people saying "oh thank god we have Melbourne". Chill the **** out.

Every ******* time we got a free against there were groans and people throwing their hands up as if they were confused.

Sure there was some shocking calls and the umps had too much influence on the game, but our reactions were ridiculous.

50 point loss at home is never good. 0-2 but now we have quite an easy run. We have the worst injury list in the comp and are missing our 4 out of our 10 most important players.

And also to our cheer squad. What an embarrassment. Have no idea how these people are chosen but between the guy who takes up 3 seats and the women who cant even hold up the flags, I'm over their s**t.

Football side of things, the Hawks hit targets and we didn't. Simple.

Can't give a good side an 8 goal to 1 start and expect to comeback. Same s**t happened at the MCG late last year.

A couple things still worry me about Woosha. Copped a lot of s**t years ago for wanting him gone, and still think the credit is more to our list manager and overall coaching squad for the way we responded after winning the spoon. We still haven't got past the 3rd week of September for 7 years now.

Why don't we use Hurn more? Best kick we have and he touches it 15 times a game.

Mitchell left alone all game......wow.

No pressure on Birchall, Hodge Guerra, Gibson etc all game either. Their left foot bullets killed us.

Also saw for the first time Waters not go 110 percent at a contest towards the end of the game. Could have smashed Hale and attempted a spoil but he stopped and watched. Not sure if it's the new rules but very weird because the game was still up for grabs.

Shuey and Sheppard showed some signs which was nice. A Selwood STILL a liability and his brother had an off game too but will definitely cut him some slack.

Masten and JK brilliant, Darling not far behind. What a debut for Sinclair he's miles ahead of Lycett. Subiaco vs Peel and it shows which is why I'm wanting the WAFL to be a stronger comp.

Good time to go on the road, get an easy win and get back on track. We just seem sloppy and unhealthy. First part of this OP is my main point though, pathetic fans who wonder why everyone hates us.
sounds like any Swans game or any in Melbourne.
You don't have to be a genious to play , or watch. On TV, the umpiring was as poor as derwaynes comentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back