Injury Guess who's back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Emerging Richmond key defender David Astbury will make his long-awaited return from injury this weekend.

Astbury suffered a dislocated kneecap – the second of his career - in Round 9 against Melbourne, and after another extended recovery, he is ready to return to the field.

In the eight games he played to kick off the 2014 season, the 23-year-old was one of Richmond’s best performers, holding down a key defensive post and averaging a career-high 13.5 disposals.

Astbury is likely to play reduced game time, in the Tigers’ final VFL game of the season, against Footscray this Sunday at the ME Bank Centre.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-08-21/astbury-returns

[Refrain 1]
2 afl gorillas go round the outside
round the outside, round the outside
[Repeat Refrain 1]

[Refrain 2]
Guess whos back, back again
Astbury's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back
Guess who's back...

[Verse 1]
I've destroyed the monster, cuz nobody wants to
see cloke no more they want astbury I've chopped liver
well if you want Astbury, this is what I'll give ya
a little bit of defencr mixed with some hard gorilla
some intercepts that'll jumpstart my knee quicker then a
shock when I get shocked at the hospital by the Dr. when I'm not gonna be playing
when I'm rocking the table while he's operating
you waited this long now stop debating cuz I'm back,
I'm on the back and inundating
I know that you got a job Ms. Hawkins but your husbands marking problem's complicating
So the RFC wont let me be or let me be me so let me see
they tried to shut me down on AFL but it feels so empty without me
So come on and dip, footy on your lips * that,
Grass on your lips and some on your fingertips and get ready cuz this s**t's about to get heavy
I just settled all my injuries
* YOU GRIGG_!

[Chorus X2]
Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me
cuz we need a little defensive supremacy,
cuz it feels so empty without me

[Refrain 1]
2 afl gorillas go round the outside
round the outside, round the outside
[Repeat Refrain 1]

[Refrain 2]
Guess whos back, back again
Astbury's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back
Guess who's back...

[Verse 1]
I've destroyed the monster, cuz nobody wants to
see cloke no more they want astbury I've chopped liver
well if you want Astbury, this is what I'll give ya
a little bit of defencr mixed with some hard gorilla
some intercepts that'll jumpstart my knee quicker then a
shock when I get shocked at the hospital by the Dr. when I'm not gonna be playing
when I'm rocking the table while he's operating
you waited this long now stop debating cuz I'm back,
I'm on the back and inundating
I know that you got a job Ms. Hawkins but your husbands marking problem's complicating
So the RFC wont let me be or let me be me so let me see
they tried to shut me down on AFL but it feels so empty without me
So come on and dip, footy on your lips **** that,
Grass on your lips and some on your fingertips and get ready cuz this s**t's about to get heavy
I just settled all my injuries
**** YOU GRIGG_!

[Chorus X2]
Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me
cuz we need a little defensive supremacy,
cuz it feels so empty without me
Too much time, on your hands, too much time too much time... ;) thank the lord david

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm, hope he's 110% ready.

Wouldn't have been against cotton wooling him for the rest of the year after such a serious injury. Very little chance we make finals and/or he returns and makes an impact. What's the point of a couple VFL games?
That's how I felt but then I thought about it closely and I reckon it's due diligence by the club for what's best for the club.
Say we lost Chaplin this week, then the miracle happened and we beat Swans and make the finals but lose Rance too, atleast we can bring in Astbury with some sort of competitive football under his belt (albeit very, very little).

I personally wouldn't do it, I'd just let him have the rest until preseason, but I can understand the above logic if that's what the club is thinking.

Great news.

The retired 'Push-Up' aside, I'm pretty sure our injury list now is just Chris Knights?

Knights has been playing VFL for a few weeks now. It means our injury list has a total of zero players on it which is nothing short of remarkable. Every other club has a least 5-6 listed.

Lets hope it stays that way in the last 2 games and we hit the pre-season (or finals if a miracle occurs) at full pace.

Knights has been playing VFL for a few weeks now. It means our injury list has a total of zero players on it which is nothing short of remarkable. Every other club has a least 5-6 listed.

Lets hope it stays that way in the last 2 games and we hit the pre-season (or finals if a miracle occurs) at full pace.
Knights got injured on the weekend.

Knights got injured on the weekend.

Again?! Time to take him to the back paddock and shoot him I think.

Still pretty remarkable that we only have 1 player listed as injured.

Great stuff! Hope he can get back to his earlier form!

Wouldn't rush him back to be honest - Rance and Chaplin are playing well at the moment (as are most of the backline) so there's no pressure to bring back in straight away.

Cool let's risk him missing the pre-season as well. He can keep Morris company after his shoulder surgery.:drunk::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back