Resource Guide to Simonds Stadium and Geelong (last updated 2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that you may have originated from Corio. Or, Cor-eye-ya.
I'm from Thomson originally and I speak like that. Yeah I gotta bitta bogan 'bout me! Dem Souf Ozzies gotta rood shock when I moved ova. Anywayz, nuffin 2 c 'ere, movin' rite along now. Good luck wif da ticketz huntin' bonjangles.

Comrades,
My brother is looking to get a few tickets on the Gary ABlett Terrace for the game against Sydney later in the year as part of a trip to Victoria we're doing. I've already got my tickets through my I/state membership.

What are his chances getting some on Wednesday when General Public go on sale or is there buckleys of him being able to get some in that area? Failing the GA Terrace is another section that he could score?

Thanks in advance. Apologies for sounding like a plastic fan when it comes to trying to get tickets to KP. Any tips would be handy.
Almost certain to get whatever you want if you buy them on the first day.

I'm from Thomson originally and I speak like that. Yeah I gotta bitta bogan 'bout me! Dem Souf Ozzies gotta rood shock when I moved ova. Anywayz, nuffin 2 c 'ere, movin' rite along now. Good luck wif da ticketz huntin' bonjangles.

Bonza! Thankz campaigner!

Hey guys (mods, I apologise if this is in the wrong place, please move it if it is),

I've been living in Melbourne for a few years now and I realise I've committed a terrible crime against footy by not heading down to Kardinia Park for a game despite my sister living in Geelong.

Many of mine and the GF's family members are Geelong supporters and I've always had a soft spot for them, plus I'd love to experience the atmosphere first hand. It's a killer being down in Geelong a lot on the weekend and never getting to hear the roars and so on inside KP first hand.

I was thinking about getting down there for either the Gold Coast or the Fremantle game next month, I just wanted to know a few questions. I'm obviously not a Cats member so my ticketing is somewhat limited, but price isn't too big of a barrier within reason.

Where's the best place to sit?

Is the parking somewhat decent, or am I better off parking somewhere in Geelong and heading to the ground?

Is there any reasons I can't buy tickets to the GC game atm (seemingly)?

What are the alcohol/food rules? Same as Etihad and the MCG?

Should I definitely book in advance to make sure I get tickets?

Thanks for any help guys, appreciate it :)

Most places are great to watch... ground aint that big.

Parking can be... fun... I just get there early and park in one of the primary schools.... its about 7 bucks....

Always a great time...

GO Catters

Itll be hard for non members to get tickets to the GC game being our first game under the lights and with the new stand - most members are wetting their pants in anticipation! :D
At the moment the ticket sales are only open for members.

Food & Booze are the same as MCG & Etihad.
Im not sure if they are having any designated dry areas with the new development though.

Its probably my favorite ground to watch the footy at, although I may be a little biased ;)

Itll be hard for non members to get tickets to the GC game being our first game under the lights and with the new stand - most members are wetting their pants in anticipation! :D
At the moment the ticket sales are only open for members.

I just remembered the redevelopment when you posted! I might leave that game to the Cats fans then ;)

Looks like Geelong vs Freo is the go. Cheers for the help guys.

Hey guys (mods, I apologise if this is in the wrong place, please move it if it is),

I've been living in Melbourne for a few years now and I realise I've committed a terrible crime against footy by not heading down to Kardinia Park for a game despite my sister living in Geelong.

Many of mine and the GF's family members are Geelong supporters and I've always had a soft spot for them, plus I'd love to experience the atmosphere first hand. It's a killer being down in Geelong a lot on the weekend and never getting to hear the roars and so on inside KP first hand.

I was thinking about getting down there for either the Gold Coast or the Fremantle game next month, I just wanted to know a few questions. I'm obviously not a Cats member so my ticketing is somewhat limited, but price isn't too big of a barrier within reason.

Where's the best place to sit? Probably one of the new stands. Although personally I think the Brownlow Stand is still the best as it's on the wing and not looking into the sun.

Is the parking somewhat decent, or am I better off parking somewhere in Geelong and heading to the ground? Some parking, but everyone parks in surrounding streets too.

Is there any reasons I can't buy tickets to the GC game atm (seemingly)? May have sold out, not sure if there are more tickets to be released. Look it up now!

What are the alcohol/food rules? Same as Etihad and the MCG? Yes.

Should I definitely book in advance to make sure I get tickets? Definitely yes, unless you want to use general admission in which case I've heard this year you need to buy on the day. General admission is generally very limited seating and mostly standing room.

Most of the above are answered in the OP (although some details need updating for 2013). I've also put brief answers in bold.

Where's the best place to sit?

Is the parking somewhat decent, or am I better off parking somewhere in Geelong and heading to the ground?

Is there any reasons I can't buy tickets to the GC game atm (seemingly)?

What are the alcohol/food rules? Same as Etihad and the MCG?

Should I definitely book in advance to make sure I get tickets?

Parking in Geelong (especially around Kardinia Park) is an absolute nightmare to say the least, unless you want to pay $10 to park next to the ground you're better off heading into the middle of town and finding one there. Be careful though as they are mostly 1-2 hour zones. Overall parking nearly everywhere in Geelong is generally terrible.

Most reserved seats to the GC are sold out from what I hear, you can rock up and buy a General Admission ticket on the day but you'll have to get there early as they will go like hotcakes, plus it won't guarantee you a seat (in fact you're likely to be standing with a GA ticket). Best to head down for the Freo game if you ask me.

Alcohol/food rules are similar to Etihad, except I'm not sure they'll serve full-strength beer for night games. Bringing food in is okay, just don't try to bring in McDonalds/KFC/fish & chips or security (who are very friendly and helpful :rolleyes:) will treat you like you're trying to smuggle in cocaine.

As for tickets I'd book at least a couple of weeks in advance to be sure. Hope all this helps. :thumbsu:

Thanks very much mate! I might just park at my sister's which isn't too far from the city, then just get a ride in or grab a bus. I think Freo is definitely the go by the sounds of it.

Thanks very much mate! I might just park at my sister's which isn't too far from the city, then just get a ride in or grab a bus. I think Freo is definitely the go by the sounds of it.

If you get there at a reasonable time you can park for free in the street along South Geelong Station. (And some other streets in that general area).

If i get there too late and that street is full, I just hang a left and go into the Primary School. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parking in Geelong (especially around Kardinia Park) is an absolute nightmare to say the least, unless you want to pay $10 to park next to the ground you're better off heading into the middle of town and finding one there. Be careful though as they are mostly 1-2 hour zones. Overall parking nearly everywhere in Geelong is generally terrible.

It depends what time you get to the ground.If you get there an hour before you can get a spot in the carpark near the pool or park up around what use to be part of the Gordon Tech on Moorabool St or Kilgour St.

I don't see a problem at all with parking; i just park in newtown, ten minutes walk away from the ground, and have no problems getting in or out. unlimited street parking, nothing like a city stadium

Hey guys - any advice on best spots to sit at Kardinia, and are the Fred Flanagan tickets worth the extra dough? I ask for a good cause! The missus is a Geelong supporter coming up on a milestone birthday and there's a Geelong homegame at Kardinia on the day, so we were thinking of going over.

Hey guys - any advice on best spots to sit at Kardinia, and are the Fred Flanagan tickets worth the extra dough? I ask for a good cause! The missus is a Geelong supporter coming up on a milestone birthday and there's a Geelong homegame at Kardinia on the day, so we were thinking of going over.

I would think so. What a nice 21st birthday present:p
Mine would get me tickets to a Collingwood game and I would get him a divorce:D

I grew up in Thomson in Barnfather Street. Went to Thomson Kinder, Tate St Primary.

But of course my clan must have been from the refined end.:rolleyes:

I would think so. What a nice 21st birthday present:p
Mine would get me tickets to a Collingwood game and I would get him a divorce:D

I dunno R.C. Did he get you a ticket to that last game in 2011?;)

The Fred Flanagan Room is not great. Behind glass and behind the goals:

48303s.gif

As the ground is long and narrow, the wings are the best place to sit.

Okay so I know I'm venturing into enemy territory. I hope this is allowed, please go nice on me if it isn't.

Effectively I'm an idiot who has stupidly booked tickets for the Saints first game in Geelong in how ever many years. As we anticipate the impending demolition, myself and a mate have decided to make a weekend of it in Geelong as we can't be arsed trying to get back to Melbourne after the game (Saturday night under lights if you're wondering).

We're coming down Friday arvo/night, back Sunday morning.

Looking to stay somewhere thats cheap, reasonably clean and close to the stadium/nightlife/whatever goes on in Geelong. Any ideas?

PS. Apparently we are sitting with Geelong members. Apologies in advance for whatever damage we cause.

Just hop on wotif and hunt.

Distances are small so cabs are cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back