Guys who are ready to take the next step

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lachie Neale.

Possibly, but isn't going to jump enough to warrant the price tag. Still behind Mundy, Hill, Fyfe, Barlow and Crowley in rotation. I would expect him to improve, but he seems to be one that will slowly reach his potential rather than just break out a take a big jump.

Possibly, but isn't going to jump enough to warrant the price tag. Still behind Mundy, Hill, Fyfe, Barlow and Crowley in rotation. I would expect him to improve, but he seems to be one that will slowly reach his potential rather than just break out a take a big jump.

Crowley will be lucky to play rd1 (still injured and underdone), DeBoer being groomed as tagger 1.

Neale is interesting, from memory he scored better in Dreamteam than SC (altho i could be 100% wrong)

Crowley will be lucky to play rd1 (still injured and underdone), DeBoer being groomed as tagger 1.

Neale is interesting, from memory he scored better in Dreamteam than SC (altho i could be 100% wrong)

2014 ave's
SC - 87.2
AF - 82.3

Well to be fair, most guys would forget about Macrae, only reason I remember is because he plays for the Dogs.

He did come out of nowhere honestly. And usually, that's where the 2nd year wonders come from. Which is why it's kind of a futile exercise to try and pick the guy who will go crazy in his 2nd year. Usually it doesn't happen anyway.
I'll only look for 2nd year breakout from a kid who got 6+ brownlow votes in their first year.

I'll only look for 2nd year breakout from a kid who got 6+ brownlow votes in their first year.
So you'll be going for... nobody this year? And pretty much nobody ever?

Brad Crouch got 6 votes - Increased his average by 7 point to a 94 average and didn't break out.

Jeremy Cameron got 6 votes - Increased his average by 10 points to a 72 average, and didn't break out.

Jon Giles got 7 votes - He actually regressed by 18 points to go down to a 75 average!

Zorko got 6 votes - He decreased by 17 points to go down to an 83 average.

That's going back the past 3 years. I looked at a couple of others, like Selwood and Rockliff, who didn't get close to 6 votes. In every instance, the player in question either regressed a lot, or increased their average, but not by enough to make them a viable SC pick.

So your theory is kind of... wrong.

So you'll be going for... nobody this year? And pretty much nobody ever?

Brad Crouch got 6 votes - Increased his average by 7 point to a 94 average and didn't break out.

Jeremy Cameron got 6 votes - Increased his average by 10 points to a 72 average, and didn't break out.

Jon Giles got 7 votes - He actually regressed by 18 points to go down to a 75 average!

Zorko got 6 votes - He decreased by 17 points to go down to an 83 average.

That's going back the past 3 years. I looked at a couple of others, like Selwood and Rockliff, who didn't get close to 6 votes. In every instance, the player in question either regressed a lot, or increased their average, but not by enough to make them a viable SC pick.

So your theory is kind of... wrong.

I wouldnt say the theory is wrong, just means he is smart enough not to try and pick second year players :p

Refer to comments below:

24-28 years old. (11 of our most important players in their prime)
Murphy - Good but not even close to the elite players in other teams.
Gibbs - Good but not even close to the elite players in other teams.
Yarran - Flashy and incosistent.
Henderson - Rate him
Kreuzer - Injured every second week
Thomas - God no, horrendous seagull
Walker - Past it, not the player he was 2 years ago
Rowe - Nope.
Jamison - Nope.
Touhy - Nope.
Jones - Nope
Everitt - Nope.

Veterans: All still good players
Judd - Good still, but not great
Simpson - Good
Carrazzo - Hopeless player

Under 24's: 1-39 games: All have shown something to suggest they have a bright future.
Casboult - Great hands, dumb brain.
Docherty - Potential, rate him.
Menzel - Potential, rate him.
Bell - Thick as a brick, but can actually play
Buckley - Nope.
Cripps - Potential, but so far away
Graham - Nope
Jaksch - No idea
Whiley - No idea

Draft picks: Look like they have a bit of talent
Clem Smith
Boekhorst
Viojo-Rainbow
Foster

Not going to bother with the above yet.

Carlton literally has the worst list in the comp by a long long way. Your top end is no where near the level of any of the sides bar St.Kilda. Next to no depth.

Compare Murphy, Gibbs, Judd and Thomas against the following...

Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Neale, Hill
Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Lewis, Hill
Boak, Hartlett, Wines, Ebert, Wingard, Cornes
Jack, JPK, McVeigh, Parker, Hannebery
Selwood, Johnson, Duncan
Dangerfield, Sloane, Douglas, Thompson
Heppell, Watson, Goddard, Zaharakis.

This is the biggest problem you have.
Only two pages into this thread and I am left wondering how so many threads turn into an analysis of Carlton's list, with an ardent defence put up by Carlton supporters.

May have been mentioned already, but Dion Prestia? 5th season, 80-100 game range, a team on the rise. Fits the bill as someone who could jump to the elite 115+ range, then you've got yourself a cheap keeper.

If for any reason i can justify not going with Ablett, I will be taking Prestia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't read too much of this thread so I'll just throw him in here. Ollie Wines.

Certified pill racker-upperrer. I wouldn't tag him if I was an opposition coach (Would go Boak, Gray, Wingard before Wines in the pecking order) and his team is even stronger than last year. With another pre-season under his belt, I reckon he could become more consistent and his ceiling is already pretty high. I wouldn't put a 115 average out of the equation for him.

May have been mentioned already, but Dion Prestia? 5th season, 80-100 game range, a team on the rise. Fits the bill as someone who could jump to the elite 115+ range, then you've got yourself a cheap keeper.
Would love to know Prestia's averages with/without Ablett.

Would love to know Prestia's averages with/without Ablett.
That's a good point, but no, his improvement last season wasn't due to Ablett going down. In fact he averaged a little more in games when Ablett played.
108.2 in the first 15 games when GAj was there and 101.3 in the 7 games Ablett missed.

That's a good point, but no, his improvement last season wasn't due to Ablett going down. In fact he averaged a little more in games when Ablett played.
108.2 in the first 15 games when GAj was there and 101.3 in the 7 games Ablett missed.
Do you know what happened against Carlton rd 21.??? He scored 59 or something.
Reading about it now it seems like he had hard carrots? ?? Prestia has been in my side since sc opened but I'm keen to know how he's copped the heavy tag in other games

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Do you know what happened against Carlton rd 21.??? He scored 59 or something.
Reading about it now it seems like he had hard carrots? ?? Prestia has been in my side since sc opened but I'm keen to know how he's copped the heavy tag in other games

Any advice would be much appreciated.
That was round 20. Fan Footy's archives are a good place to check out that sort of info. It's not 100% accurate, but it's usually reliable.
It says Prestia had a poor response to Carrazzo's hard tag.

I was more pointing out that he scored less when Ablett went out, so he could be undervalued.

i think the fact that prestia didnt score well towards the end was because they lost all the games

surely they will win alot more than lose this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back