News GWS 2016 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Tougher draw this year !

Fixture-2016.jpg

It'll always be tougher once we get out of the bottom six into the middle six. Good to see Freo coming east. Does that leave anyone else we haven't hosted, after knocking off Hawthorn and Brisbane last year?

Side note - love the colour coding of the schedule. Very clever.

Perth once (makes a change)
Adelaide twice
QLD twice
Etihad x3
MCG only once - in round one no less.
Simmonds x1

Saturday twilight x7
Sunday twilight x5
Night x2 both away

8 day breaks x4
6 day breaks home x3 (inc. Hawthorn again and Richmond in Canberra)
6 day breaks away x2

Freo, Dogs, Suns all have their first trip to Sydney

Twice against Geelong, Freo, Port, Suns, Swans

Geelong (on my birthday), Port and Richmond at Manuka should see an increase in average crowds there

Our toughest draw yet, reflective of our ladder position, if we make the finals we'll have earned it.

A tough draw but if we can maintain a healthy squad, I'm still confident of finals next year.

All bar 2 of our spotless games are in that 4.30ish timeslot. Hopefully that will help with crowd numbers as it gives the families a chance to get kids sports done in the mornings, and free for the footy in the arvo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally, after all this time, we have Freo at home. Bout time we showed them what it's like for once.

I was reading through this on Facebook:http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-29/afl-fixture-clubbyclub-reaction

And they say
The timing of Sydney's Easter Show again means the Giants don't play a game at their home ground Spotless Stadium until round six
No s***. It's not timing if it happens every year. Either the AFL does something or we need to figure out a way to play at home before the first quarter of the season is over

No s***. It's not timing if it happens every year. Either the AFL does something or we need to figure out a way to play at home before the first quarter of the season is over

There's always ANZ :eek::confused:

We could always ask the church to move Easter for us. It was originally worked out on the Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox - by my reckoning that makes it sometime in late September early October in the southern hemisphere - do it that way, it might only effect a home final.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back