News GWS 2016 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

The bombers ban is going to add to our list of hurdles in clinching a finals spot this year.

3 of the sides that we'd likely be in competition with for a top 8 spot (namely Geelong, Richmond & Suns) all get 2 cracks at Essendon.

I realise Essendon were likely bottom 4 candidates before the ban, but still would have been a decent chance of stealing a win here or there. Now they're looking like a gift 4 points and a percentage boost.

That said though, I'm still confident we'll be watching our boys in finals footy this year.

The bombers ban is going to add to our list of hurdles in clinching a finals spot this year.

3 of the sides that we'd likely be in competition with for a top 8 spot (namely Geelong, Richmond & Suns) all get 2 cracks at Essendon.

I realise Essendon were likely bottom 4 candidates before the ban, but still would have been a decent chance of stealing a win here or there. Now they're looking like a gift 4 points and a percentage boost.

That said though, I'm still confident we'll be watching our boys in finals footy this year.
So may consequences from the Essendon saga. Just frustrating that this is even a factor we have to consider!

When playing them we are disadvantaged

Hawks
Eagles
Freo
Swans
North
Crows
Tigers
Geelong
Pies
Suns
Lions
Blues

Why? -We lost an assistant coach.Regardless of peoples views on Mcveigh a replacement has to be pulled from somewhere.All the above teams didn't lose anyone.

Below are the teams we are disadvantaged due to the fact they play the Bombers twice

Suns
Blues
Cats
Tigers
Saints

Below are the teams we are advantaged due to the fact they have players affected by the ban.

Bulldogs-Crameri
Power-Ryder,Monfries +we play them twice
Saints -Carlisle
Demons -Melksham
Bombers

To be fair we have had some bloody easy ones in the past
Am excited about this. Will really show where we are at having a much harder draw.
We were meant to have easy ones as we were finishing last or thereabouts. We are playing three extremely strong clubs twice.. Perennial top four type clubs. Who else outside of the eight has that this year?

Strong or weak draw doesn't matter. We have the side to knock anyone off. Good luck to any side who thinks they can stop Cameron/Patton/Johnson/Smith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were meant to have easy ones as we were finishing last or thereabouts. We are playing three extremely strong clubs twice.. Perennial top four type clubs. Who else outside of the eight has that this year?
And im looking forward to it.

If we want finals, and to do well in them, we need to beat these teams.

We have the cattle without a doubt to be doing some damage in the 8.

And im looking forward to it.

If we want finals, and to do well in them, we need to beat these teams.

We have the cattle without a doubt to be doing some damage in the 8.
Agree on this. Without people saying the club only made finals because they had an easy draw

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back