GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt Treloar will go to Carlton. GWS is closer to a premiership! It won't be his preferred destination which is the vital thing here. If you can remember Judd made Carlton his preferred destination even though West Coast and Richmond wanted to deal with each other. Treloar won't agree to go to Carlton and start in a team that is beginning from scratch.

Giants fans, is Adam Treloar happened to nominate North Melbourne as his club of choice, who would you club ask for in return? Realistically of course..

Carlton and GWS made an interesting 3:1 trade last year so I was wondering if we are trading partners again this year.

Carlton lack depth and need quality youth to rebuild, GWS need some quality to have a real tilt at making finals.
We want Treloar just to spite Pie's, so how about:

CFC give GWS Kruezer (FA), Henderson and pick #3
GWS give CFC a KPF (McCarthy/Tomlinson/?), Treloar, Lobb

Having pick #3 means the top 3 picks will not be used on Hopper or Kennedy so you get them easier.
Means Hendo and Kruezer can get a premiership, and speeds CFC rebuild.
GWS get high quality mature ruck depth, plus the experienced key tall defender you need.
Salary costs probably net off.

As stated changes things with Kreuzer being a free agent.We were after Steve Johnson last year and again maybe. Hes also a free agent. I dont think we have a genuine skilled small forward locked down yet.Smiths a different type.Sumners always injured.Lamb hasnt performed.Palmer is more defensive forward who can pop into a hole and has played his role well but lacks skill.Deserves his place in a10th placed team but will he be a Puopolo in a premiership team?. Im not convinced as he doesnt have leg speed either and younger guys will improve more than him.. Maybe Menzel in the equation although his fitness has queries doesnt it?

Its no wonder we are looking at Leuenberger and Zac Smith given Mumford has only played 28 of a possible 44 games for us and then we also have Davis who has played 56 of a possible 88 with some very unlucky injuries. But heading into 2016 we really need to add some depth in those positions as we can't afford to lose those key guys and not have the back up there at key times as has been the case this year and last year.

Last edited:
Its no wonder we are looking at Leuenberger and Zac Smith given Mumford has only played 28 of a possible 44 games for us and then we also have Davis who has played 56 of a possible 88 with some very unlucky injuries. But heading into 2016 we really need to add some depth in those positions as we can't afford to lose those key guys and not have the back up there at key times as has been the case this year and last year.
You don't rate what's already there in those positions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If treloar leaves our midfield is still going to be very scary
Conliglio
Greene
Shiel
Ward
Bugg
Griffen
Steele
Hopper
Kennedy
Smith
Scully
Kelly
Ahern
Whitfield

For trade options I think we should use golds
Sumner
Townsend
Barett
Schulz
Lamb
Downie
Phillips
Tomlinson
Stewart would be bad if we lost him can play
Treloar

Sumner
Townsend
Barett
Schulz
Lamb
Downie
Phillips
Tomlinson
Treloar
Other Giants fans on this board lambasted me for even suggesting that Tomlinson might want out.. Interested that you have him in your would trade list as supposedly according to Other Giants fans he is committed to the club and loves it up in Syderrs

Other Giants fans on this board lambasted me for even suggesting that Tomlinson might want out.. Interested that you have him in your would trade list as supposedly according to Other Giants fans he is committed to the club and loves it up in Syderrs
The only reason I have him in trade options is because I think he will find it hard to break into the team and he would be good trade bait to get what we want e.g ruckman key defender

The only reason I have him in trade options is because I think he will find it hard to break into the team and he would be good trade bait to get what we want e.g ruckman key defender
What would you have NM having to give up for him ?

Sumner
Townsend
Barett
Schulz
Lamb
Downie
Phillips
Tomlinson
Treloar

How dare you? Is his dad your dentist and you're secretly a NM fan?!?!?!?

:p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back