GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but Patton comes in for Stewart, not Sunshine so there's no real concerns there.

In addition, the most underrated aspect of Jezza's game is how he plays at ground level. In each of the last 4 weeks he has kicked a goal roving a pack including a forward stoppage two weeks ago. With Patton crashing packs, this aspect of JC's game will go to the next level. Couple that with the fact that both Sunshine and Jez have engines to go a long way up the ground, and I think playing Patton out of the square makes the forward line way more dangerous*.

*with absolutely no disrespect to Stewart.

But what if we have to use all three on one player under the new academy rules. Does that mean we have to go out and get another couple of picks to get the whole three player turnover thing the AFL requires.

Unless you have a Rookie to promote , you are compelled to have 3 picks in the draft.
With your to Acc players this year .. If you wish to add both players , Id think you will trade a player and get another early Draft pick if required ie they are both rated top 5 , but if only top10 probably just use your own picks. If we assume that you are happy to just only add 3 players , so 2 acc player and have one player at the very end of the draft P88 , P99 etc

Bugg and Palmer will be most definitely staying.

It's Coniglio, WHE, Treloar and Shiel I'm worried about!
Not suggesting he will leave mate just rate him and thought I'd ask the question but our first wouldn't be used on him. Trying for shiel,hanners,motlop. While I'm here what about Hampton what's his worth?

Not suggesting he will leave mate just rate him and thought I'd ask the question but our first wouldn't be used on him. Trying for shiel,hanners,motlop. While I'm here what about Hampton what's his worth?
Bugg's honest value would probably be a second rounder. Certainly not a first rounder I don't think.

Hampton...Mate I reckon he'll be our steak knives in a Shiel/Treloar/WHE/Coniglio deal, enabling us to get a very high first rounder (heaven knows we don't have enough of them on our list!) As a stand alone I don't think his trade value is exceptionally high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First round probably. Think Cyril Rioli and that's Curtly.

He can be brilliant; speed, ball skills, but geez he can stuff it up. He's been rated as having the most raw talent of our NEAFL 2011 group by Sheeds and Brereton (and that's rating him above Shiel, Treloar and Cameron) but lacks concentration.

Since he's under contract it will cost.

First round probably. Think Cyril Rioli and that's Curtly.

He can be brilliant; speed, ball skills, but geez he can stuff it up. He's been rated as having the most raw talent of our NEAFL 2011 group by Sheeds and Brereton (and that's rating him above Shiel, Treloar and Cameron) but lacks concentration.

Since he's under contract it will cost.
If that's the case a big no imo Cyril is the most over rated player in the comp

Bugg's honest value would probably be a second rounder. Certainly not a first rounder I don't think.

Hampton...Mate I reckon he'll be our steak knives in a Shiel/Treloar/WHE/Coniglio deal, enabling us to get a very high first rounder (heaven knows we don't have enough of them on our list!) As a stand alone I don't think his trade value is exceptionally high.
Hampton..not long ago he was a regular? Whats been the down side with his game..seem gifted.
Just how many have to be delisted this year anyway? A few will have to go I guess?

Hampton has the ability to make soul destroying decisions. Would probably have been better in a team with a bit more experience to start with. Undoubted talent and reports are he is going OK in the magoos but I cannot see him getting a run this year unless we get a heap of injuries. May be one for the trade table

Disclaimer....My feelings on Curtley aka WTF are well documented. I find myself cringing & clenching every time the ball goes anywhere near him. I would be happy to see him gone but I would wish him well.

I'd say Hampton has been pushed out by Patfull. Not to mention buntine has really stepped up to the plate. However Hampton is contracted so if he wants to leave we hold the power

Hampton..not long ago he was a regular? Whats been the down side with his game..seem gifted.
Just how many have to be delisted this year anyway? A few will have to go I guess?
That he was. With Davis, Patfull, Haynes and Shaw locked in and the team performing well, you've really got to keep up form to hold your spot. Even Kennedy who's quietly been a fixture of the side since the very first game had to earn his spot back. Hampton needs to get his decision making in check...

Re: delistings, max list size next year is 46 which is how many we have this year. So in terms of list size we can get away with the minimum 3 out, 3 in.

I'd say Addison is a definite delisting but every other OOC player could find a home on a list somewhere. I see us having a few swings in the top 10 again

If he wants to go, his value is a lot lower.

He's fallen out of best 22, was getting games before we brought in Patfull, and tried hard for the club in the tough years.
Yeah, he's tried hard. The trick is finding him the right position. He could end up being a running defender, winger or 3rd up forward. He's shown ability everywhere but not made himself indispensable. He's got nearly 50 AFL games and another year in the NEAFL to work on a few things. So he'll get interest.

If he wants to go, his value is a lot lower.

He's fallen out of best 22, was getting games before we brought in Patfull, and tried hard for the club in the tough years.

As Cog_No. 1 said he is under contract. If a club wants someone under contract you have to pay overs for him generally.

While Curtley frustrates the hell out of me at times, I don't want to see him leave. I have a soft spot for all our 2011 NEAFL boys (except Shulz... and maybe Golds) he was one of the first signings we ever made and I want him to play out his career here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back