GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Given their first rounder is 18 and therefore a mid 2nd rounder in genuine value this year the player would have to be very good, and not be prone to homesickness. My understanding is we should have enough points from guys we are happier to lose to get our academy kids and therefore the value of the pick is only what we can do with it from a trading POV.

Since the player has to agree to the trade you'd figure it would be a non-homesick type since they know where they will be headed.

Given their first rounder is 18 and therefore a mid 2nd rounder in genuine value this year the player would have to be very good, and not be prone to homesickness. My understanding is we should have enough points from guys we are happier to lose to get our academy kids and therefore the value of the pick is only what we can do with it from a trading POV.
Draft picks go out after finals placings, not H&A. Their first round pick is 16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would hate to see Bugg leave as he was one of our originals and also the first giant to get a rising star nom.

But bolstering our team with good local talent will only be a good thing for us.

Hopper/Kennedy is a good replacement for treloar/Bugg

Himmleberg could be a good McCarthy replacement. How much would bigfooty whinge if we lost Boyd and McCarthy and still manage to have elite KPF prospects!

I threw shoenmakers out there last year as a cheap target... He would obviously be more expensive now but I still think if he is on the move as reported we need to look at him.... I see him as someone who hasn't realized his potential yet

Heard from a very reliable source that Harley Bennell will be at GWS next year.. Makes sense as I can't see Freo having the fire power to lure him if they go hard at McCarthy

Sydney would be a good location to reset. WA is not a great option for a guy who has been unable to resist temptation to party on the wild side. Sydney the club would be a great culture for him. But, Giants? Not sure we are mature enough to handle bringing in this sort of trouble.

Kinda why I said he hasn't realized his potential ... He has decent physical attributes and certainly w premiership experience he would have something to offer us
I think we could use him at either end. If he came at a reasonable price and he genuinely was happy to come to us, I'd back bringing him in.

Appareantly we are in the running for Bennell now ?

Heard from a very reliable source that Harley Bennell will be at GWS next year.. Makes sense as I can't see Freo having the fire power to lure him if they go hard at McCarthy
What? You can't be for real. If he can fix his off the field issues in Sydney then bugger me lets take him!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back