GWS GIANTS Dream Team/Supercoach questions - 2014 edition

Hey guys, just wondering how O'Rourke is tracking this pre-season?
I know the Bulldogs were all over him last year, season ruined by injury but super-talented kid.

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Hey guys, just wondering how O'Rourke is tracking this pre-season?
I know the Bulldogs were all over him last year, season ruined by injury but super-talented kid.
Tim Mohr was on the DT Talk podcast over the weekend and said O'Rourke is currently working through back soreness which will affect the start to his season. Definitely one to watch but could he a downgrade option once he's in the side rather than being a first-up bench mid.

How are Tomlinson and Palmer travelling?
Considering one of them as a fwd POD/ break out candidate.

Cheers.

Tomlinson would be much the same as last year. What you see is what you get - long-running tall that could play anywhere from the wing up to HFF and CHF. Would probably need to get more possessions or more goals to step up his scoring and it probably won't happen this year.

I'm interested in Josh Kelly as an 'alternative' to Jack Martin.

Not picked for rd 1 of NAB challenge though, how has his preseason been?

TIA,

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-02-04/inside-the-giants-josh-kelly

Big wraps on his preseason, but left out of the first NAB Cup so not necessarily considered best 22 at this point. Will probably be managed through the year, but he should definitely get some games.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hey, just asking about Toby Greene, I'm look to get an under-priced gun mid for my team and Greene looks a good fit.

You have a fairly nice early draw, so that should help to get things started for him and hopefully build the confidence.

But what was the main issue last year? More attention, just inconsistency of a young player? Was he carrying and injury or something? Did others overtake him in the mids.

And more importantly, does he look like he could get back to that 95+ avg?

Thank you.

Bogan Juniors

Club Legend
GWS Giants Team Board Tipping A Star Wars Fan
Feb 20, 2012
Orange
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
Hey, just asking about Toby Greene, I'm look to get an under-priced gun mid for my team and Greene looks a good fit.

You have a fairly nice early draw, so that should help to get things started for him and hopefully build the confidence.

But what was the main issue last year? More attention, just inconsistency of a young player? Was he carrying and injury or something? Did others overtake him in the mids.

And more importantly, does he look like he could get back to that 95+ avg?

Thank you.
Greenes Disposal lets him down.....sees a lot of the ball so probably better in DT than SC.....I would be taking Whitfield, Sheil, Cogs or even Scully ahead of him and all are cheaper (one of these 4 will be in my team, undecided on which one though, Greene wont be)

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi guys,
Quick question, is O'Rourke still injured? If so how far away is he and if not whats his game time look like?
Thanks

saladin

All Australian
Sep 22, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
essendon
Is Hoskin-Elliott likely to be a definite starter each week (when fit) or is he being squeezed out of the seniors by a seemingly inexhaustible supply of highly rated young mids?

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Hi guys,
Quick question, is O'Rourke still injured? If so how far away is he and if not whats his game time look like?
Thanks
Yep, he's currently got back soreness which seems likely to delay his start to the season. If he doesn't appear in the remaining two games I can't see him in the senior side for at least the first few weeks of the season proper. Could be a good downgrade option.

Swanhotels

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Nick Haynes, he looks a serious contender for a break out year? Do you guys think he could average 85-90 supercoach?

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Is Hoskin-Elliott likely to be a definite starter each week (when fit) or is he being squeezed out of the seniors by a seemingly inexhaustible supply of highly rated young mids?
Would love to know more about his progress as well?
Don't think WHE will be a definite starter until he can force his way into the side and then string together a few games. Playing in the twos this weekend after making the 29 man squad last week but not the 26.
Will buntine get going this year? Is he worth a punt in a draft keepers league?
Could do, but he's another with question marks over whether he can get a consistent run.
Considering Plowman for D7 (possibly D6), what are the chances of him playing Round 1/2?
Possible, but he's on the fringe of the 22. Hard to say...

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Nick Haynes, he looks a serious contender for a break out year? Do you guys think he could average 85-90 supercoach?
Tomlinson said during the week that he and Haynes have been matched up all preseason, which probably bodes well for Haynes. I won't claim to know too much about SC scoring though haha

Around that price I'm drawn more towards Hampton (hoping for more good Curtly than bad Curtly)

Ess_don

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2009
Sudden Valley
AFL Club
Essendon
Liking the look of Tomas Bugg for DT, cheap Def and scored well in the NAB games.

Only managed to watch some of NAB1 so unsure on how he racked up the points. Was it just the free flowing nature of preseason and he will go back to being more of a shutdown defender in the real stuff or is he having stints in the middle?

Can see him doing a Mitch Golby of last year, cemented his spot as a small defender but gets plenty of it too.

Is Palmer going to be a midfield tagger or is he returning to his role as a pure ball winner?
Hunt and Shaw should allow 1 or 2 of our defensive mids to come back towards the middle, this is likely to give Palmer more freedom, but he is not likely to be allowed to be a "pure ball winner" for mine.

Liking the look of Tomas Bugg for DT, cheap Def and scored well in the NAB games.

Only managed to watch some of NAB1 so unsure on how he racked up the points. Was it just the free flowing nature of preseason and he will go back to being more of a shutdown defender in the real stuff or is he having stints in the middle?

Can see him doing a Mitch Golby of last year, cemented his spot as a small defender but gets plenty of it too.

He is one probably the main guy to be affected by what I was referring to above, I am backing him to do it.

Back