Gws target: Isaac smith

Remove this Banner Ad

I read that your 46% more likely to develop asthma living in Sydney, and 23% more likely to fall pregnant in Sydney. Is that what you really want, Isaac?!!!

:(

I read that your 46% more likely to develop asthma living in Sydney, and 23% more likely to fall pregnant in Sydney. Is that what you really want, Isaac?!!!

:(

Those jumpers don't come as maternity wear.....

Well if he's reading this, he might want to consider where he'll be going. SYDNEY. Not the ideal place for a country bogan. ;) Plus you got the thicker, industrial gased air to inhale. :( Plus you'd have to play on a country ground without your friends. At least at Hawthorn you get to play in front of 80,000+ screaming, passionate fans.

...just saying.

Given he's from Cootamundra you might want to change tack slightly.

Oh , and carefull people on what you post on this one .......He read's Bigfooty ...;) Fact !!

Dobber. Luckily, I use a very cleverly disguised username that no one would ever guess was me. Anyway, I'm too busy organising my new Swiss bank account than to read people's comments on this.

I can't see him leaving to be honest. Just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do that to chase $. (This is just my gut feeling and has no basis in any factual evidence or inside information....)

Given he's from Cootamundra you might want to change tack slightly.
Oh yeah i know this, but he spent his late teens, early 20's in country Vic which is where a person makes who they are and meet those who become close friends. The yrs after HS.

At least that's my take on life.

I love Isaac, and I hope he is true to his word, and stays. However that may have been said prior to the GWS offer.

I wonder if this information, if confirmed, will cause Clarko to reduce his game time in 2012?

Hope this is resolved early in the season, and we don't hear he has put his contract talks 'on hold.'

I love Isaac, and I hope he is true to his word, and stays. However that may have been said prior to the GWS offer.

I wonder if this information, if confirmed, will cause Clarko to reduce his game time in 2012?

Hope this is resolved early in the season, and we don't hear he has put his contract talks 'on hold.'

If it was true and Clarko feels he's in the best 22, his game time would not be reduced while we have a crack at the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldnt imagine we'd get much for him under the AFLs compensation system...

He is surely worth a first round compensation pick, thats what we paid for him and he has lived up to his potential, Judging by Rendells endorsement of this years draft, if he was to leave we couldn't have picked a better draft to be involved in.

I think you'll find, barring a loss of form or injury, Isaac will play a big role this year. I'd also be surprised to see him move too. Treat this thread for what it is: an unsubstantiated rumour, and don't worry over what, in all likelihood, nothing.

Pending on how they go with Cloke, if I was Sheedy or Allen I would be making it known to all Hawthorn players coming out of contract that there are huge dollars to be had at GWS, with a view of not snaring them, but putting the squeeze back on us to re-sign at an inflated rate.

If they snared one it'd be a bonus for them.

Fast forward 12 months and Buddy is out of contract as a restricted free agent, we haven't got room to move but they still have plenty (and they will) and they just take him - the biggest star in the game.

The lesson is you have to pay your dues - just as Franklin stayed for less when he was in his early years, the young blokes also have to 'earn the right'.

If true, then it's all up to Smith. If he wants to chase $$$ then there's little the Hawks can do to stop him. If he wants to be around to play finals and perhaps snag a premiership, then the decisions simple.

I've got my faith in the Hawks management and they'll do what's best and in their control.

As for playing him? well of course. Why penalise the team with his absence if he can still provide good service.

He'll stay.

Has said how much he just loves playing footy for the fun of it and has acknowledged the fact that it was Hawthorn who gave him his big break in the AFL. Seems like a genuinely good guy who wouldn't just whore himself out like Scully to the highest bidding team.

Hodge made a comment on the prospect of players leaving the hawks today:

Asked whether he feared any players leaving the Hawks - who have seven players due for free agency - Hodge was confident Hawthorn would be unaffected.

"I don't think [it will be an issue]," Hodge said.

"We've got a great young bunch of guys down there and I can't see anybody leaving. We're at a pretty exciting time at this stage. I don't really think any of the boys will want to leave."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/131239/default.aspx

If the unthinkable happens and he leaves at the end of year, the good news is that we will be well compensated. Considering that he will be a first round draft pick and a premiership player. ;)

I find this very hard to believe, why would Smith, a player that obviously thrives on success, turn his back on potential premierships, and further finals action - for GWS! Anyway - there will surely be more money on the table for him at Hawthorn in '13.

If he DID move to Western Sydney and played into his 30's there would be an outside chance of finals action. It would really want to be a huge amount of extra cash on offer to offset the disappointment of continual thrashings and targetting by the opposition.

....ditto Savage, crazy to jump ship.

Like most here, I'm a big Omith fan. I'd much prefer him or Savage to go than Poppy or WhiteX though.

I find this very hard to believe, why would Smith, a player that obviously thrives on success, turn his back on potential premierships, and further finals action - for GWS! Anyway - there will surely be more money on the table for him at Hawthorn in '13.

If he DID move to Western Sydney and played into his 30's there would be an outside chance of finals action. It would really want to be a huge amount of extra cash on offer to offset the disappointment of continual thrashings and targetting by the opposition.

....ditto Savage, crazy to jump ship.

It's not going to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back