GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone needing a post trade period pick up, tune into the McC thread on Freo's board.

Classic.

I particularly liked the post saying he should go work in the Freo merch shop and be employed as a training assistant so he could train with the squad and learn the drills etc.

Yep. That would work. Wouldn't be anything dodgy about that at all:confused:

Ban is permanent. Gone for all time (until he gets another account under a different name)
Came in here to congratulate you guys on a good trade period and give props for not caving in McCarthy only to find out my favorite melty poster has been perma-banned.

Now I am sad :(

as a blues supporter, im struggling to get my head around the plowman trade as i struggled to get my head around the O'Rouke trade. Pick 3 in the draft generally means some serious talent. I suppose carlton are so crap that they have the salary cap space to absorb the other guys that you are just rating as list cloggers and salary cap leaches ... (and one mans list clogger is another mans 100 game player when you are talking carlton list)

the worry i have is that SOS is just re-justifying his poor pick at no.3 by trading for Plowman again. It doesn't look like you guys are ever going to miss jaksch the way he travelled this year...

GWS should be super hard to beat this year! enjoy

as a blues supporter, im struggling to get my head around the plowman trade as i struggled to get my head around the O'Rouke trade. Pick 3 in the draft generally means some serious talent. I suppose carlton are so crap that they have the salary cap space to absorb the other guys that you are just rating as list cloggers and salary cap leaches ... (and one mans list clogger is another mans 100 game player when you are talking carlton list)

the worry i have is that SOS is just re-justifying his poor pick at no.3 by trading for Plowman again. It doesn't look like you guys are ever going to miss jaksch the way he travelled this year...

Plenty of us were surprised Plowman was included in that trade, he will be worth the pick on his own, as will Phillips.

Plowman will e good for you guys...he hasntnt shown a whole lot but his games late this year were promising. I agree that takeing some of the salary pressure of bu absorbing lambs salary was part of the cost of the deal.....Lamb will be a good role player as well. I liked him but he couldnt secure a spot with the competition for them in our sqaud....was always amongst the best in the magoos

Plowman - was best 22 before being injured and missed 6 months. Came back got fitness back, was regularly named among best. Slot opened in Seniors, was selected. Played well. Bargain at the price you paid. Will be pivotal to your defence for a decade.

Phillips - clear 2nd best ruckman at the club. Was named as Mummy's replacement when he went down. Injured himself on the Friday and missed. Downie & Lobb played well enough (just) to keep him out. He'll surprise you if you give him the chance, and he gets an injury free run. (The one I'm most upset about losing)

Lamb - dominated the magoos, but when you have a forward line in the seniors like ours, it's really hard to break into it. A forward line like Carlton's though? If he doesn't play regular seniors I'd be very surprised.

Sumner - pick 10, but in this case, very much the steak knives. Just couldn't get on the park. If he plays to his potential you'll have got a gem cheaply, if his body keeps letting him down, you haven't lost much. Nice kid, deserves some luck. Hope he gets it at Carlton.

I would be hesitant to call Plowman best 22....he may have been best 22 available at the time but he certainly is not that now, still sorry to see him go......but will be easily a 100+ gamer in his career......never been a huge Carlton fan but wish the boys all the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton should do better with this year's GWS trade than last year's. You've got two players who should be competing for best 22 spots regularly and a solid second ruck. Jaksch and Whiley weren't the same quality.

If I was at Carlton I'd be more concerned about the leakage to Adelaide.

Plowman has the size of a gorilla KD or at least will one day. He will sorely missed but at least we have the Marchbank in the making.

Was at the end of 2014, before getting injured at beginning of 2015.

Patfull may have kept him out this year, but was definitely ahead of Buntine and Corr at the time.

Plowman played 12 games in 2014 and was developing nicely, with games from round 2 - 6 and then from round 17 - 23 and showed a fair bit at the tail end of 2014 but for mine it was more of case of him being best 22 of what we had fit at the time as we were hit badly with injuries at the end of 2014. But as I said before his a talent and sorry to see him go.

Plowman played 12 games in 2014 and was developing nicely, with games from round 2 - 6 and then from round 17 - 23 and showed a fair bit at the tail end of 2014 but for mine it was more of case of him being best 22 of what we had fit at the time as we were hit badly with injuries at the end of 2014. But as I said before his a talent and sorry to see him go.

Fair enough. Doesn't really matter now anyway.

he's definitely a walk up start best 22 at Carlton, whatever he was while he was here.

Plowman has the size of a gorilla KD or at least will one day. He will sorely missed but at least we have the Marchbank in the making.
If Rowe and Jamison can hold down the key defensive positions Plowman could be a very useful 3rd tall intercept defender.
Sumner and Lamb need quality around them if they are going to show there talents.Its looking like a barren desert in Carltons forward line.So will be tough for them.Think SOS did really well in the circumstances but in a way so did we

Hi guys and a quick question:

Been watching Phillips at training and he looks to be the real deal athletically and through general play.
Is there anything that held him back other than Mumford? In other words, was there a knock on Phillips or just opportunity that held him back?
Opp.

Hi guys and a quick question:

Been watching Phillips at training and he looks to be the real deal athletically and through general play.
Is there anything that held him back other than Mumford? In other words, was there a knock on Phillips or just opportunity that held him back?

Missed a year with a range of niggling injuries (hamstrings and back). Then last year after Mumford went down he was named to play against North the following week after tearing it up in the NEAFL all year, but had to pull out on the Friday with another niggling back. Only missed a week, but in that week Downie did enough in the NEAFL to get the call up for the following week and then did enough at seniors to keep his spot.

So a small injury at the absolute worst possible time stuffed him. Otherwise he would have been the number 1 ruck for the second half of the year.

Always been very bullish on the big Sauce. Better than a lot of people think. Will be very good if he can get a clear run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back