Adam Oxley Ankle
Ben Reid Hamstring
Matthew Scharenberg Knee
Nick Maxwell Ankle/Retired
Injuries from todays game:
Brent Macaffer knee
Clinton Young Hamstring
Dane Swan Hamstring

All you pies haters can eat it, you're all just annoyed you lost decent coin by betting on the Giants. Suck it! It definitely was a gutsy win, regardless of what you bigfooty dudes and dudettes would like to believe.
U seem to be adding players to your injury list that shouldnt be there so as to make it look bigger.
I feel that players that don't play in your team (VFL players) shouldn't be in the injury list.
Maxwell is retired, doesnt need to be in there.
Marsh, Huddo are VFL.
Pendles shouldn't be there as he is out in the field.

You have lost a decent amount of players, but a lot of teams had. Lions used to have the worst injury list in the comp in terms of experience but we are starting to get back.
I wouldn't say Pies won it, l would say Giants lost it from watching th game

U seem to be adding players to your injury list that shouldnt be there so as to make it look bigger.
I feel that players that don't play in your team (VFL players) shouldn't be in the injury list.
Marsh, Huddo are VFL.

You have lost a decent amount of players, but a lot of teams had. Lions used to have the worst injury list in the comp in terms of experience but we are starting to get back.

They are all senior listed players, I didn't include our VFL injury list. Do you want to see it?

Lachlan HoweAnkleTest
Tom TyquinHamstring1-2 weeks
Dylan OrvalHamstringSeason
Ryan PendleburyPectoralSeason
Josh TurnerNeckSeason

Now stop trying to make this thread all about your young list, we get it. You have a good future. Now go inject your goo into another thread.

Eddie-McGuire-5973730.jpg

Marsh, Huddo are VFL.

Maxwell retired because of injury, of course hes on the list.
Marsh and Hudson are on our list (albeit none of our rucks are injured so its not likely we'd call on him but Marsh was playing well and close to selection)'
Agree you cant count Pendlebury but a half fit Pendles is not nearly as effective as a fully fit one.

Carlton 2012 although Freo in 2011 take the cake.

We had 10 out of our best 22 playing half way through the season.

Pies train too hard and wonder why they keep losing players to injuries.
We have 17 players on the injury list. Period. That is monumental, no team has had the Injury profile we have had this year.

Marsh, Huddo are VFL.

Injury list for Pies as of this morning (from the Pies website)
NameInjuryStatus
Marty Clarke Illness Test
Sam Dwyer Hamstring Test
Scott Pendlebury Corked quad Test
Jamie Elliott Hamstring 1 week
Heritier Lumumba Corked thigh 1 week
Alan Toovey Groin 1 week
Travis Cloke Ankle 3-4 weeks
Taylor Adams Finger Season
Dayne Beams Knee Season
Nathan Brown Shoulder Season
Nathan Freeman Hamstring Season
Ben Hudson Shoulder Season
Jonathon Marsh Hamstring Season
Adam Oxley Ankle Season
Ben Reid Hamstring Season
Matthew Scharenberg Knee Season
Nick Maxwell Ankle Retired

You can add to that list Swan, Macaffer & Young. Also note that Maxwell is retired because he's injured otherwise he would have played to the end of the year. And Hudson would have likely played a few games to give Witts and Grundy a chop out had he not be injured (he's an upgraded rookie).

Last edited:
Marsh, Huddo are VFL.

Do you even know anything about out list. They are all freeking senior players. Dont even get me started on our 'vfl' injury list budy cause that is another story in itself. Our Injury list of off the charts and we have just had 2 acls in less than 24 hours, no club can beat that horrible luck

Marsh, Huddo are VFL.

Do you even know anything about out list. They are all freeking senior players. Dont even get me started on our 'vfl' injury list budy cause that is another story in itself. Our Injury list of off the charts and we have just had 2 acls in less than 24 hours, no club can beat that horrible luck

Apparently other clubs have had it just as bad as us :drunk::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC, we have lost 1600-1800 games of experience at one point due to injury in this season.
And that is just my team. I can imagine Hawks have lost a fair chunk of their list as well.
Be realistic buddy. Put your hate for our club aside and have a look at our injury list. It is beyond belief. We are the 4th youngest list team in the comp atm due to our injury profiles

IIRC, we have lost 1600-1800 games of experience at one point due to injury in this season.
And that is just my team. I can imagine Hawks have lost a fair chunk of their list as well.
4 Kevin Bartlett's and a Dustin Fletcher.

I'm not just saying that based on this game alone. Every time I see Treloar play, I see nothing remarkable about him; just another Inside Midfielder who's very prone to mistakes.

Considering Collingwood's injuries (which are twice as bad as GWS's) & the fact that GWS were playing at home, losing was an absolutely putrid effort. They're overrated.
Thanks nostrildamus.. I'm sure you were saying as much after our win last week and their loss. How are their injuries twice as bad as ours?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back