Review GWS Vs Western Bulldogs: Sat May 30 at Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Much anticipated clash due to the Griffen-Boyd trade.

Incidentally, Luke Beveridge has hinted Tom Boyd may be rested, so a bit of a let down.

Will Jeremy Cameron also miss a week due to his bump on Cheney Vs Crows?

Still, we should be close to full strength for this one.

Giants by 35.

Williams has had 3 straight games as the sub so won't be surprised if we drop him so he can get a full game in the neafl.
And if we do that would expect Whitfield to be straight back in the side unless Anderson corret on this call and hopefully his not

Can be a chronic condition, I've known people who have really been knocked about by it. Hopefully in his case it's not so bad.

I was quite happy to see the dees defeat the dogs going into this match. Hopefully the dogs will be down, dejected and lacking in confidence.

Then again it just might fire them up.

Looks quite possible minson wont be playing, so Mummy might get free reign all over the oval.

Doggies will also be coming off a six day break, with some tired young players. I think playing the Giants will give them a fair boost though. Obviously still have mid-field quality in Wallis, Dalhaus, Picken and Boyd, but Stringer is also one to watch I think. We have good match ups for them I think. And, I agree that we have a big edge in Mummy. Our forward line is functioning better, and Goodes' injury will further test the depth in their back line.

If Minson is out Dogs will get smashed in the ruck. Hopefully we've got Jezza, we'll find out today.
They won't rest Big Boy Boyd. He's too good a player and he'll be fired up to play us.
I'd be more confident had they beaten the Dees. Not confident about this game at all.

Jezza should get off with a fine at worst. It was a glancing hip to shoulder contact and Cheney got up instantly. Very lucky for both players.
Bulldogs will fancy their chances but have been bashed by Freo and the Dees. Their older players have been down and likely to rebound. Hopefully the extra day break for the Giants helps offset the travel.

Get well soon Lachie!

Jezza should get off with a fine at worst. It was a glancing hip to shoulder contact and Cheney got up instantly. Very lucky for both players.

Don't expect much from that report either. Was going for the ball, Cheney got there first with his head over it and it looked like Cameron turned side on at the last minute to try and avoid the head - only got a glancing shot. Didn't line up his body with Cheney's at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams has had 3 straight games as the sub so won't be surprised if we drop him so he can get a full game in the neafl.
And if we do that would expect Whitfield to be straight back in the side unless Anderson corret on this call and hopefully his not

I like Williams but he's struggled to have much impact as sub. Might be the best time to blood Steele or give Hampton a run.

When I saw it live (from the stands at the other end) I thought that Jezza would be in trouble. Looking at the replay, he still could be, but not as much as I first thought.

He wasn't going for the ball and was as clumsy as hell - but he missed the head and Cheney got straight back up and played the rest of the game.

With the MRP it could go either way.

Dogs will be pi$$ed at losing and the don't like us much for pinching their players and having a poke at them on social media. They'll be fired up. Personally I would have liked them to thump Melbourne by 50 and go into this one at home complacent.

As it stands I'll really have to have a close look at the team sheets on Thursday before entering my tips.

When I saw it live (from the stands at the other end) I thought that Jezza would be in trouble. Looking at the replay, he still could be, but not as much as I first thought.

He wasn't going for the ball and was as clumsy as hell - but he missed the head and Cheney got straight back up and played the rest of the game.

With the MRP it could go either way.

Dogs will be pi$$ed at losing and the don't like us much for pinching their players and having a poke at them on social media. They'll be fired up. Personally I would have liked them to thump Melbourne by 50 and go into this one at home complacent.

As it stands I'll really have to have a close look at the team sheets on Thursday before entering my tips.

Exactly my thoughts.

I think the dogs are starting to feel the effects of having a young list...we know this all to well.... going like champs one week and getting smashed the next. The coach is already talking about resting blokes. We might be catinhing them at a good time with them coming off a short break. I expect the dogs to win a quite a few more games but they are looking for their bye at the moment.
We should win but no game is a gimme this season

Really Hope Boyd plays. So Davis can make him his bitch. Griff had his best game for us. Im sure he will cop plenty from the dogs and their supporters but At least he will turn up. Will probably have more than one possesion for the game too.

Thats a bummer....Davis will accept the ban rather than risk fighting it. Good thing they don't have a big effective tall forward to capitolise on Davis' out..... no i mean it they don't have that:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back