Toast Ha Ha! How much fun is it watching Lids play at the top of his game again?

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Really enjoying Lids exploding into top form now on the forward line!

And what about Cotch's great goal versus the Crows? Great stuff by the boys!

Griffith's being effective again kicking long, Gordon taking a big step forward IMO now, Foley starting to get back into some good form to and the whole team lifting and playing with such heart and zest!!

HA HA, fun times ahead for fans, and I love the belief the boys are beginning to embrace as they strive to improve and compete!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel if you develop hard enough!!!

A bit of this is I am feeling now reminds me how I said in the past you do not have to play regular finals before winning the holy grail.If you are good enough and the team believes they are good enough anything is possible! I don't think we are there yet but I think we are entitled as much as anyone else to believe and dream if we put the work in anything is possible and within reach for us!

Last edited:
That 14 second goal.. mmmmmm. I love me some Lids!!
uKL8tJg.gif

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Lids is finally being a leader. That is not a knock on him but he is also doing what Cotchin is now doing and drawing a line in the sand during games and taking action. I love it. I am also over the moon for Foley, it is starting to look like he is trusting his legs more and that speed is coming back.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I could be wrong here, and if I am I apologise, but weren't you the one who wanted to trade him out Mr Magic?

No need to apologise. I wanted to trade Lids out for O'Meara pick and then we got Lids back after 5 years. That would mean getting Lids back for the 2017 calendar year. Looking at my projected premiership windows I am happy to stand by that. I have been against trading Lids in these recent times because we would not get market value plus it would be harder to get him back. Lid's performance in the last 2 matches virtually confirmed my suspicions. Trading him out or not Lids was always in my premiership list requirements and last night he basically confirmed why!

Last edited:

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Lids is finally being a leader. That is not a knock on him but he is also doing what Cotchin is now doing and drawing a line in the sand during games and taking action. I love it. I am also over the moon for Foley, it is starting to look like he is trusting his legs more and that speed is coming back.
This. To be honest, physically I think Lids may have jumped the shark and started a long, shallow decline, pace-wise at least, but mentally, reaching his peak now. Really imposing.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
He was BOG tonight. Loving his work up forward. I had a (probably inbred) Crow supporter sitting behind that kept yelling out "you're s**t Deledio, go back to the half backline". Thought it was pretty funny given how dominant he was. That guy must've been missing a few chromosomes.

I was thinking 5-6 weeks ago we should be playing him off half back but geez, he's carving it up in the forwardline. Great coaching by Dimma :thumbsu:

Pounce

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2012
Tasmania
AFL Club
Richmond
Deledio makes it really hard for taggers to harass him when he plays in the forward line. He has kicked some great goals of late and makes our forward line more dangerous when he plays there. Since we have started our winning streak Deledio has really stepped up on the field and fought hard to win possession which allows us to keep playing our attacking style of football by utilising his penetrating disposal.

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Our good players are playing at their best.... Cotchins best game of the year IMO.... took on the crows midfield and went all day.

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
i almost wanna know why he hasn't been played as a half forward more over the years. His skillset just makes him so dangerous there

I think as a forward Lids is being given some license to run through the middle then use his pace & attack through the forward arch losing his tag with his pace. He's also getting some inside ball making it harder for his tag to go with him in traffic. He's using multiple approaches to attack his tagger with. (Enter Borat, NICE !! VERY, VERY NICE !!

Last edited:
Imagine he slotted 4 last night, that would have been one of the best performances of the year considering the conditions. Still, great game and really stood up. His current form gives me tingles in my pants.

Back