Half Term Tony. Is it a possibility?

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When you refer to unskilled migration are you only referring to the present or do you think it was wrong post WW2 as well?

Not all post WWII was unskilled ie plenty of displaced refugees had a skilled background eg Avi Parbo. Also on the back of the war Australia had an immigration policy geared towards security concerns as much as anything. Not comparable to today's situation.

If the government had a clue they would have a rational refugee policy and be trawling the camps in Turkey etc for doctors, engineers, scientists etc who have been displaced. There will be some Avi Parbos amongst them.

Win / win. Unfortunately its such basic common sense that they wont do it. In this they are ably assisted by the people smuggling advocates.

Excuse my ignorance.
I don't get the reference.
World Series Cricket era Test captain, got thumped 5-1 by a decent England team. The analogy is harsh though, the more I think about it, it's probably has something to do with my theory that a Brearley led England against an Invers led Oz would have been an Ashes for the ages and I'm sore that it never happened, thus scapegoating Yallop. When making a comparison with Test captains, Tony Abbott is undoubtedly the Shane Watson or Chris Cowdrey of politics.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I was watching that on Sky and also recorded it.

The issue of the meeting Triggs and A/G secretary was run by Jacinta Collins and Penny Wong. Labor.
They clearly knew what Triggs was going to allege, whereas Brandis did not.

The odious Barry O"Sullivan who was the first interrogator kept his questions entirely on ascertaining the chronology of when Triggs made decision to hold inquiry not just a review.

Then on came Jacinta Collins.

Brandis and Moraitis would have had no idea what Triggs was going to say until she said it. Once Brandis realised the fantasy land she was inhabiting he would have been wary about challenging her on the spot.. there would have been concerns about health, Gough, imv.
btw there were two women supporting Triggs, one the executive director and the other the lawyer. Their body language during her evidence was grim and horrified and after that they made sure she didn't say a word until one of them had whispered to her.

I felt about Gillian Triggs back in November and more so after last week that she was extremely vulnerable and being pushed over the top by the heightened emotions of all prosecuting the children in detention issue.
So you basically think she's a woman who got emotional and made stuff up. I think you and Tony would be good mates.

romeoh

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I was watching that on Sky and also recorded it.

The issue of the meeting Triggs and A/G secretary was run by Jacinta Collins and Penny Wong. Labor.
They clearly knew what Triggs was going to allege, whereas Brandis did not.

The odious Barry O"Sullivan who was the first interrogator kept his questions entirely on ascertaining the chronology of when Triggs made decision to hold inquiry not just a review.

Then on came Jacinta Collins.

Brandis and Moraitis would have had no idea what Triggs was going to say until she said it. Once Brandis realised the fantasy land she was inhabiting he would have been wary about challenging her on the spot.. there would have been concerns about health, Gough, imv.
btw there were two women supporting Triggs, one the executive director and the other the lawyer. Their body language during her evidence was grim and horrified and after that they made sure she didn't say a word until one of them had whispered to her.

I felt about Gillian Triggs back in November and more so after last week that she was extremely vulnerable and being pushed over the top by the heightened emotions of all prosecuting the children in detention issue.
U cannot be cereal.;)

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will probably leave a legacy as the hands down worst PM in our nation's history.

Not even remotely in the same cesspit league as Gough, Gillard and Mugabe's mate who couldn't keep his pants up.

FFS he actually tried to cut spending.

You may as well argue that Dirk Welham was a better bat than M Waugh.

Or that Krugman has been consistently right for the last ten years.

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont Football Club
Not even remotely in the same cesspit league as Gough, Gillard and Mugabe's mate who couldn't keep his pants up.

he's trying to starve the elderly & jobless...if he wanted to cut spending he should start with the JSF project.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm

FFS he actually tried to cut spending

He 'tried to cut spending?' What about the rest of it? Seriously will you give it a ####en rest? You're Abbott bias is pathetic and ridiculous. Horrible and embarrassing as Gillard was she leaves Tony for dead and that's saying something as she didn't even seem to want the job or be prepared for it.

KGBeast

Club Legend
May 17, 2012
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Kansas City Chiefs,
If he thinks the country hates him now just wait and see how his attack on penalty rates fares. He might single handedly make the Libs unelectable for a generation.

Aug 24, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gough left us with crucial long-term policies like Medicare. What has Tony done legacy-wise?
Um.. well.. he did that cheeky wink when
talking to that elderly sex worker on radio. That was a great moment LOL..
..& .. he picked out that tit cake.
A truly fab Minister for Women.

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Speers has just broken big story on Sky that it was Gillian herself who broached the possibility of her taking another job and leaving HRC back last year and talks went through January with govt coming up with some international "role"for her which she was going to accept but then her supporters got into her ear and talked her out of it.

If true, this means that Gillian has spouted big whoppers to the Senate Estimates Committee when claiming she was shocked at the Sec of the Dept coming to see, shocked that he äsking her to resign and shocked that he offered her another job.

It also means, if true, that our Malcolm has had another Gordon Grech moment.

Truly amazing.
I would like to point out two little words which help bring that story into context "on Sky". We are talking about the single worst news service in this country, that has a long history of reporting blatant lies as news from a reliable source, it is also an unashamed supporter of the Liberal party that if anyone actually pays attention to its political news coverage and believes it they're a fool.

I would also like to refer you to some mainstream news reports on that topic.
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...ith-triggs-was-discussed-20150226-13q0nw.html

Turnbull's handling of this whole matter has been extremely good when asked and has only continued to win him support inside the Liberal Party. He has made some good points without attacking Triggs and turned questions on preventative steps to stop the numbers increasing rather than what is happening now.

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City

Come off it, Gough made reforms that are still felt and enjoyed by Australians to this day. Abbott has done nothing and has no vision, he will leave Australia in a worse place economically on every single possible measure despite not having to deal with major international events that impact the economy.

Abbott is unquestionably the single worst PM I've even seen in my life, and I honestly thought Rudd would hold that position for a long time.

The only thing Abbott tries to claim he has done for the average Australian is repeal the carbon tax, but the benefits of that are highly questionable given it has destroyed the renewable energy industry which is our future like it or not.

I won't argue that Dirk Welham was better, but I have argued for a long time that Greg Mathews was a better test cricketer than M. Waugh. Mark Waugh is the single worst test player to ever play over 70 test matches ever. The stats clearly show that too. Massively overrated and only ever stayed in the side because of his brother and the clique that was the Australian team at the time.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Come off it, Gough made reforms that are still felt and enjoyed by Australians to this day. Abbott has done nothing and has no vision, he will leave Australia in a worse place economically on every single possible measure despite not having to deal with major international events that impact the economy.

Abbott is unquestionably the single worst PM I've even seen in my life, and I honestly thought Rudd would hold that position for a long time.

The only thing Abbott tries to claim he has done for the average Australian is repeal the carbon tax, but the benefits of that are highly questionable given it has destroyed the renewable energy industry which is our future like it or not.

I won't argue that Dirk Welham was better, but I have argued for a long time that Greg Mathews was a better test cricketer than M. Waugh. Mark Waugh is the single worst test player to ever play over 70 test matches ever. The stats clearly show that too. Massively overrated and only ever stayed in the side because of his brother and the clique that was the Australian team at the time.

It was once said that when a player got his baggy blue cap, the baggy green cap came in the same box :rolleyes:

Anyway, continue the Waugh, oops, war :D:D

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
That is amazing.

"So today I snapped,” Mr Black posted on Facebook.
“A guy was walking around Garden City, as per attached picture, with a “Tony is a C $ & t” t- shirt on.
“I threw my beer coaster at him.”
Mr Black said he had “just had enough”.
“Our greatest Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, is being taunted, derided and disrespected,” he posted.
“He has a massive Labor mess to clean up, so some half-smart homeless dole bludger thinks it's a giggle to go around with a shirt full of profanity because Tony wants to end their free ride.
“I’ve had a gut full of pansy conservatives who won’t stick up for freedom, Tony, or our nation. Time to grow balls and pick some fights folks.”

So... who on here was it?

Last edited:

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont Football Club
That is amazing.

"So today I snapped,” Mr Black posted on Facebook.
“A guy was walking around Garden City, as per attached picture, with a “Tony is a C $ & t” t- shirt on.
“I threw my beer coaster at him.”
Mr Black said he had “just had enough”.
“Our greatest Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, is being taunted, derided and disrespected,” he posted.
“He has a massive Labor mess to clean up, so some half-smart homeless dole bludger thinks it's a giggle to go around with a shirt full of profanity because Tony wants to end their free ride.
“I’ve had a gut full of pansy conservatives who won’t stick up for freedom, Tony, or our nation. Time to grow balls and pick some fights folks.”

So... who was it?

Some no hoper named Sean Black...must've been living in a cave for the past 16 months.

I prefer to see someone standing up for what they believe in, rather than claiming to now be a libertarian or that politics is broken. It's quite remarkable how few people you can find who admit to voting for this government considering the sizeable majority they hold. Typical lily livered conservatives, rather than admit they got it wrong, they just pretend that it never happened, or blame "the left".

Back