Half Term Tony. Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was sad to me tonight over dinner with a relative (who has been approached to stand for public office previously) that there is one way that Abbott could save his backside, the only problem is that it would require him to make a decision that he is ideologically opposed to. If Abbott were to restrict the review of penalty rates into maybe just retail and maybe hospitality, then he would win back some public support and would show that he is a changed man and listening to what people say. This would definitely make Turnbull and his backers stop and say lets see what he does for a while longer.

It is one thing to stand at a press conference and say you've made some bad calls and you will look to the future and listen to more people when making key decisions, but completely another to throw out one of your own ideological beliefs because you know it just won't be tolerated by the electorate.

Abbott needs to realise that he is ruling for the people who voted for the Liberal Party at the last election, not the people who fund the Liberal Party. Howard at least realised this and that is why he stayed in power for so long, he knew how to tap into what they were thinking and what they wanted to hear, Abbott just doesn't care what the electorate thinks, and even now he doesn't still despite the fact it is clear there is no chance of him winning another election.

Howard was worse than Gillard. Why? Because Gillard at least tried.

Tried to do what? Gillard formed govt with the lunatic fringe then immediately lied to the nation, betraying the country with the worlds biggest carbon tax. Negotiated a failed tax on mining then tied it to welfare costing billions, all the while steadfastly supporting a criminal who stole money off poorly paid health workers and spent it on hookers. Delivered wall to wall deficits, Nova Peris, open borders and out of control structural spending thats going to take generations to rectify. Demeaned women everywhere by crying sexism, in response to justified criticism of her defence of creepy mysoginist Peter Slipper.

Tried to do what? Gillard formed govt with the lunatic fringe then immediately lied to the nation, betraying the country with the worlds biggest carbon tax. Negotiated a failed tax on mining then tied it to welfare costing billions, all the while steadfastly supporting a criminal who stole money off poorly paid health workers and spent it on hookers. Delivered wall to wall deficits, Nova Peris, open borders and out of control structural spending thats going to take generations to rectify. Demeaned women everywhere by crying sexism, in response to justified criticism of her defence of creepy mysoginist Peter Slipper.
Abbott is a misogynist and he's proven time and again he wants to return to the world of the 1960s.

You obviously aren't up with the news, Peter Slipper has been cleared of all charges. The taxifare charges were overturned on appeal, the accusations of sexual harassment were proven to be unfounded. Now we get to see Slipper sue the pants off Ashby and the upstanding Hon. Mal Brough who concocted the whole story to destroy Slipper. Going to enjoy seeing fat Mal get his rightful whack as he is absolute scum who'd do anything to be able to hold power and doesn't care about the personal cost.

Gillard at least put forward an NBN model which would see Australia at the forefront of the IT world with high internet spends, instead we languish below NZ and Abbott doesn't give a toss. How can we develop new industries which will actually employ people when we have a government that is so short sighted. Abbott also doesn't want an open tender process on the new subs, which are not required anyway, because he wants to give them to a mate. Abbott has also given us the single worst Speaker in the history of Australian parliament. The Speaker's position is supposed to be independent and unbiased, Browyn is anything but that, she's an embarrassment to democracy.

Tell me what vision does Abbott have for the future, please anything, give me some hope that the mad monk is not completely hell bent on destroying this country. He hasn't come out with a single policy about how to build new industry in this country to increase employment.

They are.

It's the governments job to govern and make an argument to influence the senate to pass their bills.

And it's the Senate's job to hold them accountable so they can't just pass any nutjob legislation that will adversely impact vulnerable people - especially when they specifically campaigned against some of these things, promised not to do them or failed to mention them at all meaning they have no mandate and were elected on fraudulent grounds.

It's the governments job to govern and make an argument to influence the senate to pass their bills.

And it's the Senate's job to hold them accountable so they can't just pass any nutjob legislation that will adversely impact vulnerable people - especially when they specifically campaigned against some of these things, promised not to do them or failed to mention them at all meaning they have no mandate and were elected on fraudulent grounds.

The Senate is a joke. Working in self, rather than national, interest.

Just because Mr Abbott hasn't sold his soul, ala Gillard, doesn't mean they aren't sound means of getting this country back on track.

He know something about lawyers and the law but hey don't let knowledge stand between you and an opinion

That may be the case, but most times I see him he sounds like a raving loony. So no, I'd prefer not to read any of his offerings. You can lap it up as much as you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That may be the case, but most times I see him he sounds like a raving loony. So no, I'd prefer not to read any of his offerings. You can lap it up as much as you want.

When Irish eyes are smiling they are reading Andy Bolt..

Who is yours?

I asked you first. David Marr and his "shadowy homosexual world of drugs he makes no apology for" * is correct in that anyone with respect for the rule of law does not openly bag someone with a tenured quasi judicial position.

*Pickering Papers 2013

I asked you first. David Marr and his "shadowy homosexual world of drugs he makes no apology for" * is correct in that anyone with respect for the rule of law does not openly bag someone with a tenured quasi judicial position.

*Pickering Papers 2013

Many and varied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back