Half Term Tony. Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea. Then again, I don't know what Shorten stands for either. Both seem to be wet sponges who I'd be embarrassed to have represent my country on the world stage. I know what Malcolm stands for and when he's not trying to defend the Governments decisions which he's forced to do even though it's clear he doesn't agree, he speaks a whole lot of sense and has a social conscience. As weird as it sounds, Malcolm and Rudd actually agreed on a hell of a lot of things. They are both more middle than right or left. Abbott is right but nowhere near as right as most of his ministry and Gillard was well left. Sadly, due to being worried about his position as leader, Abbott has had to abandon policies that are more left leaning, such as his parental leave scheme. The right have taken control of his Prime Ministership, which is why, I believe, it appears he stands for nothing. Howard never had that threat. I think this country suffers when he have PMs that are too far either way. History has shown that recently we have been better off where we have had PMs that are more centred in their views, at least IMO.

To be honest, my voting habits have more to do with who sits on the entire front bench of each party. Too many people these days concentrate on the leader, rather than the ministry. As Rudd and Gillard highlighted, and as the Libs did earlier this year, it is the party that is in power, not the leader. I feel that too many election campaigns, and in some cases, results, are decided on personality of the leader, American style.

Hockey, Pyne and Cormann concern me. In fact I believe all three are slim bags. I neither like, nor dislike, either of Abbott or Shorten. Both to me are puppets for their parties, weak and uncharismatic; traits that, IMO, make for a bad leader. It astounds me that either are leader TBH. Abbott probably makes sense as he has a softer side than those behind him pulling the strings and can connect with the people. Rudd and Bracks were further examples of people who were put up as leader because they could connect with voters, rather than their credentials to be a leader of country or state. The leadership threat earlier in the year for Abbott was a wake up call sent by those that really pull the strings, in much the same way as Rudds knifing was a revolt by the same type people in that party. Ultimately, it is a shame that politics is ruled by such "faceless men" and the only losers are the people.

I know how you feel in regards to both sides of the political spectrum, as a confirmed Trade Unionist over decades have had a dislike of Abbott for years & Shorten was definitely not my preferred choice as leader of the ALP but i'm still hopeful he will rise to the occasion sooner rather than later.

There are a number of promising people in both of the major parties so who knows, at the moment i am increasingly looking at the Greens especially on what direction De Natale will take the party.

Abbott is not a dumb politician, he's just plain dumb, mentally impeded to be completely honest.
And yet he has destroyed two Labor PM's careers and currently stands dead level in the polls after being branded "dead in the water" three months ago. Not bad for a dumb man!

Fat Hookey will be puffing away on his fat Cuban cigar, Rabbott is feeling comfortable again. But where is the all the economics & future in all this? Still no attempt to fix the bleeding from massive tax deductions for rich to stash $ millions in superannuation. Nothing on trusts. Just a 'sugar' hit on deductions for some small businesses.

We are in much more debt than during the budget emergency. Their is no plan for anything other than the polls.

Rabbott has gone from a disgrace to a disaster for this country.

And yet he has destroyed two Labor PM's careers and currently stands dead level in the polls after being branded "dead in the water" three months ago. Not bad for a dumb man!
Dead Level? Every time the incumbent PM has trailed in the preferred PM stakes they have either been ousted by their own party before the election or lost the election, the norm is actually to be about 10 points ahead, something Abbott has never done. It is also worth noting that the latest Newspoll out today has the TPP at 47-53 in favour of Labor, so nothing level about that, just a continuation of the standard margin over the last 15 months.

That female co-host on the Panel went totally over the top on discussing child abuse earlier in the week. They were interviewing a Catholic friend of George Pell and she started ranting about child abuse when there was no need for it. The discussion was on whether Pell needed to attend the latest inquiry - crying about how child abuse is bad seemed beside the point.

I don't watch the show, I was just channel surfing. :$

George Pell has already been cleared by a previous Inquiry in NSW. It is time to give up your attack on religions!
George Pell was in Victoria at the time all these allegations happened, there has never been any allegations he had anything to do with the cover ups in NSW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

All religons should be open to any and all attacks like every other organizations.
I have no problem with attacking the minority of pedo priests. However, the attacks on George Pell are mainly based on posters hate of the Catholic Church. Slanderous accusations from posters and the dregs of society in Victoria looking to destroy his reputation. The claims are baseless but the mud is only sticking in the minds of those outside the RCC.

I have no problem with attacking the minority of pedo priests. However, the attacks on George Pell are mainly based on posters hate of the Catholic Church. Slanderous accusations from posters and the dregs of society in Victoria looking to destroy his reputation. The claims are baseless but the mud is only sticking in the minds of those outside the RCC.
Why only a minority of them, why not all pedo priests?
In so far as Pell's reputation, he has damaged that himself by the lies, poor memory recall and cover ups.
Doesn't need any help from anyone.

Pell is a senior member of an organization that has attempted to hide, deny and defend the actions of, & lets call them what they are, child rapists.

Religions of any kind should be given zero special privileges for their beliefs in some deity, and any members who have undertaken the rape of children, or assisted in attempting to hide their actions in any way are just as bad.

Pell is a senior member of an organization that has attempted to hide, deny and defend the actions of, & lets call them what they are, child rapists.

Religions of any kind should be given zero special privileges for their beliefs in some deity, and any members who have undertaken the rape of children, or assisted in attempting to hide their actions in any way are just as bad.
There is no proof. Pell also fronted a Victorian Inquiry in 2013.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/card...lvement-in-abuse-coverup-20150520-gh67ml.html

There is no proof. Pell also fronted a Victorian Inquiry in 2013.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/card...lvement-in-abuse-coverup-20150520-gh67ml.html
But was not required to give evidence under oath and had to correct himself on more than one occasion when challenged.
I can understand that he would understand to minimise the damage to the brand but not where these type of offences were occurring. Inexcusable.

Couldn't believe that a priest (forgotten his name) is currently serving a sentence still remains a brother of the order.

Oops just realised this thread is about Tony. Sorry.

Why only a minority of them, why not all pedo priests?
In so far as Pell's reputation, he has damaged that himself by the lies, poor memory recall and cover ups.
Doesn't need any help from anyone.
what about pedo Muslims or other religious *s too? Some of the people lambasting pell were rejecting the calls for Ali jaffari the asylum seeker to get booted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back