XBX1 Halo 5: Guardians

What is this? Server selection?

Basically what TitanFall did where you could choose to connect to the closest Azure servers to you. Now it's all being done automatically, even Halo 3 (8 years ago) at least gave you the ability to search for good connection games.

It will be

The problem they had with MCC was all the different engines under one interface. H5 beta ran very smoothly

The H5 beta ran smoothly compared to MCC, compared to other betas I've played it had a bunch of matchmaking problems.

343 have a pretty terrible track record, I still remember how it took them several months to fix the file share system in Halo 4.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
I'll be surprised if the standard mp is ready and working on release.

Why? Halo 4 didn't have any issues. If you actually look at 343's track record properly:

1st Game - Halo CE Anniversary. Outsourced to Sabre, had issues with co-op
2nd Game - Halo 4. In-house, launched without a hitch (in multiplayer and single player)
3rd Game - Master Chief Collection. Outsource to Sabre, Certain Affinity, Ruffian, was completely broken

Notice the pattern?

No datacentre delection is devastating, I must admit. I'll have my sexy Halo console next week.

Why? Halo 4 didn't have any issues. If you actually look at 343's track record properly:

1st Game - Halo CE Anniversary. Outsourced to Sabre, had issues with co-op
2nd Game - Halo 4. In-house, launched without a hitch (in multiplayer and single player)
3rd Game - Master Chief Collection. Outsource to Sabre, Certain Affinity, Ruffian, was completely broken

Notice the pattern?

No datacentre delection is devastating, I must admit. I'll have my sexy Halo console next week.

From the little info I've been able to find, it actually sounds like 343 handled the networking portion of MCC.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
From the little info I've been able to find, it actually sounds like 343 handled the networking portion of MCC.

Nah, I read an interview somewhere (or it might have been Frankie on GAF) that gave the name of the group who did the networking stuff. Wasn't 343. They effectively did nothing on MCC and it shows.

Nah, I read an interview somewhere (or it might have been Frankie on GAF) that gave the name of the group who did the networking stuff. Wasn't 343. They effectively did nothing on MCC and it shows.

They did handle the patches (at first) that repeatedly broke stuff/previous patches.

Well they did something on MCC.

Destroyed their reputation

The hell is with that music?

After seeing this and seeing the Destiny trailers, im wondering why the push for this type of advertising. Not that I dislike the song, it just felt quite jarring when it hit.

That's a sensational trailer.

Music is by Muse, "Kinghts of Cydonia", works really well

Yeah we know who its by, its more the style. Halo games are widely considered to have some of the best music in video games. Yet they use this? Destiny is a fantasy FPS and they use Led Zeppelin.

Nothing against those songs as they are fantastic, im just not sure I enjoy the feel of them being used in these instances. That all being said that trailer got me pretty hyped for the game so I guess it had its intended effect.

a_shot_on_ehlo

Team Captain
Jul 4, 2011
Place between two rivers
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bulls, West Indies
They do it to hype the game in the wider community, rather than just with gamers. These well known songs can grab the attention of people who the regular game music wouldn't.

In this instance the lyrics work perfectly with the narrative of the game (that we know) and they have done it really well.

Pretty interested to know what assassinated that Spartan at 1,45....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Back