News Hamish McIntosh retires

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll raise you Ben Finnin Brought in as part of the Ronnie Burns trade. Not even sure that was his name he was that bad.

I'll see you and raise you David Ugrinic.

Back on topic, it was a shame the big fella couldn't get his body right at the club. Still remember his game against us in 2007 when still at North and he was a massive part of why they won that day. Was hoping he could reclaim that form at the Cattery, but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

I don't mind that we took the risk of taking him on but rather the way we went about it. We should've waited until he was out of contract and picked him up as a free agent instead of giving up a second rounder, especially considering he didn't play for us at all in that first year and only a little at VFL in year 3.

Unfortunately a big risk that didn't come off.

I don't mind that we took the risk of taking him on but rather the way we went about it. We should've waited until he was out of contract and picked him up as a free agent instead of giving up a second rounder, especially considering he didn't play for us at all in that first year and only a little at VFL in year 3.

Unfortunately a big risk that didn't come off.

We wanted him for 2013, as one of the 3 perceived missing pieces in our jigsaw puzzle.

Didn't he break an arm or leg after slipping over when fishing on rocks?
Jaw.
I would suggest that if he went fishing on rocks, his brain was not up to league footy standards.
Nothing more exhilarating than rock hopping Fred,just never turn your back on the waves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

overrated turd who cost the club dearly both financially and for the long-term.
Turd? Really? By all reports he is a well-liked guy at the club despite the circumstances. Don't know that this is called for Bobby.

overrated turd who cost the club dearly both financially and for the long-term.
c98af981b390f63b12810a24b345babe.jpg

Here's the thread from when we traded for McIntosh:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/geelong-chases-hamish-mcintosh-during-trade-period.974686/

My thoughts from the time:

Gee i will be disappointed if we go for McIntosh.

Setting aside he is at the top end of his useful playing life, his injuries and his likely asking price (both $ and draft pick), it says to me that the club isn't convinced Simpson will be the answer. I'm still hopeful he will be something. He's only 24 in 2003 with loads of development ahead of him.

I saw a rumour somewhere that GWS is into him. I hope we don't lose him that way after putting 5 years of development in.

By the way, I'd go for Bellchambers before McIntosh, no doubt.

Please North, don't let it happen.

:(

A few have already said it. All in all we did not do so good out of the deal. However Hamish was quite servicable throughout 2014 but his body let us down come finals. Good bloke wish him all the best, thanks HMac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back