Certified Legendary Thread Hamish Mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan

I work with him at The Age. He's actually quite a nice guy and girls love him :)

Oh Hai Caro!

And we're back here with the roving Hamish show. Just in time for Footy Classified.

only read the first and last pages of this topic.

so many pathetic people posting in here.

oh the irony.

only read the first and last pages of this topic.

so many pathetic people posting in here.

oh the irony.

Read the middle, it's where all the good bits are.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=929400

Stats Man asks who could've written McLachlan's WP page.

I half jokingly suggest that Rompingwins is McLachlan, going by the amount of edits he's made to the page.

Questionable finds out that Rompingwins really is McLachlan.

Great find.

I want to believe he is trolling himself.

But he's not.

That movie with the Channel 7 people - and I do believe that's Ian Johnson - with the superman cape and stuff, is like some sort of weird-arse Skull & Cross Bones Society/Freemasons kind of thing.

Anyone preserve the evidence - screen grabs and the like - before the inevitable clean up happens.

Being immortalised and propagated madly as we speak :)

More gold:

http://bastion.com.au/who-we-are/hamish-mclachlan/

When Hamish was young he always thought he would win a Grand Slam tennis title.

After a football accident in 1989 that lead to 2 reconstructions and 7 arthroscopes, Hamish abandoned the idea of being a professional sportsmen and decided to work in the Sports Marketing game instead.

He started at Elite Sports Properties in 1997 and became a director of the group in 2001.

He was lucky enough to work across 4 Olympics and with some of the countries best athletes and sportsmen. Every day since he started his working life, he has dealt with Sponsors on some level.

Since ESP, Hamish has worked with Channel 7, Austereo and Fairfax, and across all three, he has found sponsors demand the same thing: to be noticed, and to be different.

He thinks sponsorships can be either exceptional or disastrous, and knows the latter can be avoided by sponsors if they have a clear agenda when buying, and an exceptional team to execute once bought.

His favourite sponsorship ever seen remains Robinsons Barley Water at Wimbledon……an event he thought he would win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a football accident in 1989 that lead to 2 reconstructions and 7 arthroscopes, Hamish abandoned the idea of being a professional sportsmen and decided to work in the Sports Marketing game instead.

Either the consubstantiality didn't agree with him, or spellcheck has done him a terrible disservice.

This thread is gold.

Not as good as the "worst player to play 200 games" thread, but still pretty good.

Went to St Peters, that explains a lot. I also went to that AFL Hall of Fame Sensation thing back in 2005 or something when I was in Melbourne... it wasn't too bad, surprised it only last 2 months.
You and about 5 others.

Read this for a better idea of that:
http://www.abc.net.au/stateline/sa/content/2003/s1247675.htm

The rival bid was from the MCC which would've had the HOF at - and here's a crazy idea - the MCG. Instead the CEO's brother gets it, with a bid to put it kilometres away from any footy ground, with a bodgy design?

Stinks to high heaven - wonder why that's not part of the wiki page??? Revisionism!!!

You and about 5 others.

The rival bid was from the MCC which would've had the HOF at - and here's a crazy idea - the MCG. Instead the CEO's brother gets it, with a bid to put it kilometres away from any footy ground, with a bodgy design?

Stinks to high heaven - wonder why that's not part of the wiki page??? Revisionism!!!
I remember that! s**t, it's amazing the AFL let those two near anything.

You and about 5 others.

Haha. Mark Mentha has a sense of humour:

JOSEPHINE CAFAGNA: The administrator is now looking for a buyer to run the Hall of Fame as a going concern.

The Collingwood Football Club has been mentioned as a potential buyer.

MARK MENTHA: I think all clubs will have an interest in seeing the facility continue.

I'm sure Collingwood is a very well-run club and I am looking forward to the prospect of it being called the Eddie McGuire Hall of Fame.

May I suggest the following edit:

Hamish Mclachlan was recently discovered to have frequently edited his own wikipedia page under the alias "rompingwings".

With a link to this thread of course.

I remember that! s**t, it's amazing the AFL let those two near anything.
I feel it's important, that things like this - a waste of some $14M, and a serious and credible allegation of improper dealings - aren't forgotten, just because someone can smile nicely in front of a camera, or because they're nice to the copy-boy, or because they can introduce someone who wants to waste a lot of money to people who want a lot of money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back