1. The ASADA, AFL and drugs in sport Hot Topic board

Media links, the facts, the statements, the allegations, the charges, the court actions, the notices and the clubs mentioned so far. Hundreds of threads, 240,000+ posts.

2. Congratulations to jaydeetee for tipping 7/9 and one off the tie-breaker. FREE Platinum BFSC for you!

Get your tips in!

3. Chat with other Comm Games fans in our Commonwealth Games thread.

And keep up with Aussie athletes in the Aussie Watch Thread.

Certified Legendary Thread hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by questionable, Apr 16, 2012.

Put it out there
  1. Maroo

Maroo All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

Any chance people can stop posting in here for a few hours tonight while I sleep, so I don't have so much to catch up on in the morning?

kthanksbye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. rfctigerarmy

rfctigerarmy Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Melbourne Heart, Furies
    Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

This thread is GOLD.
  3. lama323

lama323 Draftee

West Coast
    Other teams:

Been lurking this thread since it started. So bloody funny it's convinced me to sign up.
  4. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Club Legend

Richmond
    Other teams:

I honestly thought Cotchin showed a lot of restraint in that interview. I really felt sick when he was just laughing it off and touching Cotchin on the shoulder trying to pretend to be his buddy.

Edit: Reading on in thread I found out the dog is fine, thankfully. But still to drive off without checking on the dog or apologising to Cotch is low.
  5. Cutty

Cutty All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Elsternwick AFC Tuggeranong FC

AMAZING Thread

Cotchin/Hame gameday panels epic:thumbsu:
  6. questionable

questionable All Australian

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    leeds utd
  7. Hodge2KOFranklin

Hodge2KOFranklin Man of Steel

Hawthorn Hawthorn - 2013 Premiers
    Other teams:

Bigfooty user "questionable" noticed that McLachlan's Wikipedia page had been created and solely edited by a Wikipedia user named "Rompingwins".
    "questionable" then came to the conclusion that a YouTube user with the same handle "rompingwins" was, in fact, Hamish McLachlan:

"rompingwins" -- the YouTube user -- also has a video where it appears the Channel Seven commentary team are having farewell drinks.
    McLachlan told Crikey that he is "not that inclined to get involved other than to say I know 'Rompingwins', as they are a good friend to me and the family."
    "They manage my YouTube uploads too, as I can't do them and I need to for work.
    "The name 'Rompingwins' is named after a horse they backed that I owned with mates. "
    On Big Footy "questionable" summarised the edits by "Rompingwins" to McLachlan's Wikipedia page as:
    9 December 2010:
    • creates article. poorly formatted. hagiographical.
    25 July 2011:
    • re-words a few sentences to make his prose really stand out.
    • removes implication that his brother's connections influenced AFL reporting at fairfax.
    • adds more minute details about his career
    • notes that triple M's spring racing coverage is "award winning"
    • inserts the word "currently" into the sentence about him and his wife having no children (getting clucky, ham?)
    25 July 2011 (an hour later):
    • makes his title at entertainment sports properties seems more impressive
    • inserts this laughable paragraph: "Through Elite Sports Properties, McLachlan was often asked by company director and part owner Craig Kelly to host the companies sporting events that they managed, whether they be golf tournaments, lunches or testimonial dinners. This role suited Hamish and through Kelly insisting he continued to host events, a new career developed. By design or accident, Kelly's role would change from being Hamish's immediate boss to his manager."
    • and this one: "After being seen doing work in Melbourne across horse disciplines in which he was comfortable given his families farming background, Hamish was asked to call equine sports in England and did so for 3 English summers. It was here he spent many hours behind the microphone to became a polished host and caller."
    26 July 2011 (forgot to log into his account for this one):
    • more pointless details about his childhood
    • inserts this sentence "He felt if he couldn't compete at the highest level, he would like to work and be inspired by those who could."
    28 September 2011:
    • removes all tags saying that the article is unreferenced and unverified
    27 October 2011:
    • adds a link to his personal website http://tengoals.com.au
    • struggles really hard to get the formatting for the link to work. requires a dozen attempts
    29 February 2012:
    • changes his former ambition to play professional tennis to professional "sport"
    • adds some info about charity work
    • more rewording
    The Wikipedia page was locked last night.
    McLachlan manages his own website and twitter account.
  8. PunchFromBhind

PunchFromBhind Senior List

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Colts, Calgary Flames, Oregon Ducks

Hopefully this will go to a whole other level come April 20th. All hell is going to break loose on that page.
  9. Prem87

Prem87 Club Legend

West Coast
    Other teams:

Yep hated it when he gave Cotchin a very solid slap on the shoulder to change the subject. :thumbsdown:
  10. Chops_a_must

Chops_a_must Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Uni Rats! Believeburgh

That had the girlfriend asking if I was crazy...
  11. TennisPlayerAndy

TennisPlayerAndy Norm Smith Medallist

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Liverpool, Raiders

Incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Hodge2KOFranklin

Other teams:

The mainstream media can gang up and hide all they like but BigFooty has once again proven it is the strongest online voice in the football community.

The way I see it, they have two options.

Either start embracing BigFooty and it's community and stop the 'see no evil, hear no evil' antics.

Or send Chief a cheque for many millions of dollars and buy it.

Either way this thread is testament that they (The HUN, The Age) cannot hide any longer behind dodgy paywalls, so called expert football opinion (LOL) and a bunch of old aged cronies who do not understand the needs of it's customers.
  13. Gak Attack

Gak Attack BFSC Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Liverpool, Houston Rockets
  14. The Speaker

The Speaker Sage

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Fremantle, Warriors, Australia

Doubt it.

Our fellow BigFootian The-Pope has applied for protection for both AFL Game Day and Hamish McLachlan on Wikipedia for at least a week.
  15. Logger

Logger All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Mt Buller Demons

It's taken 4 hours to go from the start to the end of this thread. Tomorrow I have a 60% weighted presentation for my final uni subject, without passing which I will lose my place in my course.

Most efficiently used 4 hours of my life!
  16. Macca19

Macca19 Moderator

Port Adelaide
    Other teams:
    MUFC, Orlando Magic

Who knew that a thread on this subject matter would became the greatest and funniest thread in BF - if not interweb - history.
  17. Hodge2KOFranklin

Other teams:

\

haha don't let Thrawny see that.

I am guessing that is very close to what his amazing dog looks like.

Hammer will be six feet under.
  18. giantroo

giantroo Bleeding Blue and White

North Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
  19. *Crash*

*Crash* Team Captain

Other teams:

[​IMG]
  20. Don Draper

Don Draper Moderator

Essendon
    Other teams:

Mark Robinson ‏ @Robbo_heraldsun
    @BigFootyBombers @hame_aflgameday ease up, you won't believe me but it's not him doing it... In the meantime anonymous people throw grenades

Robbo has spoken. Its not him.
  21. HoneyBadger35

HoneyBadger35 It's Finally Over!

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Atlanta Falcons, Leeds, LA Clippers
    I...don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, Robbo's word is gospel, but on the other...Lady and the Tramp jokes....
  22. Hodge2KOFranklin

Other teams:

I've always liked Robbo because he is the one journalist who acknowledges BigFooty.

But don't be fooled. He will be pissing himself reading all this, but know that he is just sticking up for a mate.
  23. The Speaker

The Speaker Sage

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Fremantle, Warriors, Australia

Well, that settles that then. Robbo has spoken, thread's over, everyone go home.

:D
  24. Ice-Wolf

Ice-Wolf All Australian

St Kilda
    Other teams:
    Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven

Must be Robbo then. Robbo is Rompingwins :D

Makes sense, Robbo is a journalist so would have no idea of how to write well written prose.

He also works at 7 on game day so may have had the opportunity to film the youtube videos himself.
  25. The Captain

The Captain 1800 PWNED

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Robbo

I call bullshit

MRP will sort this out