Certified Legendary Thread Hamish Mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

Seriously guys I can assure you rompingwins is very much a real person. A few years back he was a close family friend whom I hired to take care of my Wikipedia page and YouTube account. It ended really really badly and I'll never speak to him again. Chin up Hame.
username very funny.

Take 2 of previous fail

1VtrbmYaU0a8sQrS68UtuQ2.jpg

The simpsons shops in this thread just keep getting better.

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

Do what you want here, on talkback radio, on tv feedback, on other websites, but despite wikipedia being the source of this meme, I can't sit by and see wikipedia be vandalised more. I know that this will probably be a red rag to some, and yep, some of you will find ways to get around the protection, or vandalise other pages, and some may stay online for a few hours, even days or weeks, but it all gets found eventually and removed.

So make up your photoshops, do your hitler videos, pull the piss out of Hamish as much as you like, but don't bother doing anything on Wikipedia, it won't last and won't be worth it. The rest of the world doesn't get the joke.

I've never seen BF so united. It's a comforting thought that it can actually happen.

SIDE BY SIDE, WE STICK TOGETHER!

Well, at the moment:

BIGFOOTY VS Hamish McLaughlin/Rompingwins, Robbo and The Pope.

Just had a direct Twitter message from the great man Robbo to ease up and give him a break. Don't know if the man has swung me to feel sorry for HHH

hang on, don't put me with them... do what you want to hamish, just not on Wikipedia.

Nah, Pope has a point. We can do better than Wiki vandalising.

I'm against vandalism on pages such as important people/institutions/historical events. It's a football commentator ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do what you want here, on talkback radio, on tv feedback, on other websites, but despite wikipedia being the source of this meme, I can't sit by and see wikipedia be vandalised more. I know that this will probably be a red rag to some, and yep, some of you will find ways to get around the protection, or vandalise other pages, and some may stay online for a few hours, even days or weeks, but it all gets found eventually and removed.

So make up your photoshops, do your hitler videos, pull the piss out of Hamish as much as you like, but don't bother doing anything on Wikipedia, it won't last and won't be worth it. The rest of the world doesn't get the joke.

Agreed. The man has vandalised wiki enough with his fluffed up prose. And I believe that is being taken care of anyway.

Leave wiki out of it.

I'm a real person guys. Honest.

Why won't you all just leave Hame alone?

Blokes who are happy to throw the kitchen sink at a real life man who lives only kilometres from most of you are playing the self-reightous card when it comes to vandalising an online wiki which can and will soon be reverted back to normal anyway?

You dudes for real?

if you really want to get revenge on him via wikipedia, you need to convince the admins he's not notable enough to have an article

nothing would devastate him more

Blokes who are happy to throw the kitchen sink at a real life man who lives only kilometres from most of you are playing the self-reightous card when it comes to vandalising an online wiki which can and will soon be reverted back to normal anyway?

You dudes for real?

It's more to do with being a waste of time than anything else.

Let's get back to lighter things, yes?

bF3Jh.jpg

Yes.

It's very easy for "esteemed journalist" Mark Robinson to come out and say "it's the truth" with absolutely no reasoning, or explanation isn't it?

Joke of a journalist. #moustachebeardorstubble?

You dudes for real?

Not playing the self righteous card.

Parodying Hamish is one thing; actively planning vandalism on an external site is not something we want discussed (or done).

If you want to discuss that decision, contact me.

It's very easy for "esteemed journalist" Mark Robinson to come out and say "it's the truth" with absolutely no reasoning, or explanation isn't it?

Joke of a journalist. #moustachebeardorstubble?

Actually it is very hard.

Misunderstood guy.

Top bloke actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back