The Chestnut Tree Cafe
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
Boom.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-09-25/hartlett-i-dont-want-to-leave

357893-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

HAMISH Hartlett is poised to commit to Port Adelaide long term, today saying he plans to enter negotiations with the club to extend his stay beyond his current contract.

That deal expires at the end of 2016, but Hartlett told portadelaidefc.com.au he wants to remain a one-club player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone not blocked by dickhead Barrett please tag him in the PAFC twitter announcement

Consider it done. I will almost feel aggrieved if he doesn't block me :)

Quick somebody/Barrett make up a rumour of winesto the dees so that he'll end up signing next week.

Barrett reports freo close to signing schulz - signs week or two after
Barrett reports hammer to north/Richmond for x amount of years on good money - says he wants to stay less than a week after reported
Wingard being touted to be traded to the hawks at the end of 2016 - Says he doesn't plan on going on anywhere

on the 2015 Draft, Trade and Free Agency rumours thread, one of the Hawthorn mods said that we were looking to offload Hammer to get cap space.
quickly put that smug Hawthorn supporter in his place and said that Hawthorn were looking to offload Lewis to get cap space! lets see how he likes it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Hammer received some big offers from North Melbourne and Richmond but never actually considered leaving. I still shake my head at how these boofheads such as Barrett and McClure conclude from this that Hamish must be seriously considering a move because, you know, "why would anyone want to stay at Port Adelaide when they could be playing for heavyweights like Richmond or North?!!!". The fact this attitude is still out there kinda blows me away.

So Hammer received some big offers from North Melbourne and Richmond but never actually considered leaving. I still shake my head at how these boofheads such as Barrett and McClure conclude from this that Hamish must be seriously considering a move because, you know, "why would anyone want to stay at Port Adelaide when they could be playing for heavyweights like Richmond or North?!!!". The fact this attitude is still out there kinda blows me away.
Seriously considering in the media is actually code for "player x from [interstate team] is aware that other [victorian clubs] are interested in him and will find it hard to resist the lure to Melbourne.

And if we do attract big fish - from Wanganeen to Burgess to Polec to Ryder to Dixon - it's because "money".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back