Hampden Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

He's playing in the minor league for big $$$$. Having a bit of trouble there kicking bags. Either his large wallet has thrown his hip out or the standard is a bit better the when he has played in the Upper Timbucktoo league where he was last year.

for me jase rowan biggest work rate of a forward ive ever seen, if only he could convert at goal every time he would be unstopable.... more than he already is!

mate you are an absolute tool, as if jase rowan is th best player in th league. an not to mention ya coment about his work rate....wat about players like ricky smedts, simon sedan, joel molony, russel whiteford and hugh douglass

obviously a camperdown follower if u think hugh douglas has a big work rate....next u will be saying nick bateman doesnt drink...

anthony chirnside jase rowan adam okeefe simon seddon easily in the top 10 of best players in the league......easily. no.1?...id say rowan!!!converts a lot of good work and can out jump and out mark many players...also sets up attacks while getting possesions around half back and midfield.

ive seen him play more times than you really care ..so do i care what you think? not likely. Im not asking u to agree merely just giving an opinion!!!

anthony chirnside jase rowan adam okeefe simon seddon easily in the top 10 of best players in the league......easily. no.1?...id say rowan!!!converts a lot of good work and can out jump and out mark many players...also sets up attacks while getting possesions around half back and midfield.
i hope u mean his brother simon, cos adam o'keefe will be battling 4 a spot in koroits lineup come finals time... i would have james gellie from c'down in my top 3

Jas Rowan the best full forward by a mile. Hard to match up on BUT Nic Couch is by far the best player in the comp. He is a freak. Awesome on ball and creative up forward. Helps he is playing in a great side, but look out for him medal night. Walters may finally get some votes this year. Simon Okeefe still in top three without question. Any number of players could fill top ten. Levi Dare???
Douglas, Bateman, whiteford, moloney etc are no match for above players. Good players, but not in top ten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone is planning on travelling to the UK, the West London Wildcats need you!
We are the largest and most successful club in London, and quite probably outside of Australia. We field three teams across three divisions, catering for a range of abilities. In recent times we have been incredibly successful. In the premiership division we have won the last 6 flags in a row, and in the conference, we have won 9 out of the last 10!
Becoming a Wildcat offers many benefits including discounted travel, cheap drinks etc through our many sponsors. Plus it gives you the opportunity to meet like-minded people from all across the globe and have a kick of the footy!
wildcatsfc.co.uk
or e-mail
wildcatsrecruiting@yahoo.com

As an old Hampden league devotee I occasionally have a look at what's happening. Nothing!! Doesn't anyone in HFL have access to PC?? Come on guys get with the program.

gday creeker 35. im an avid supported of the hfnl also and just signed up to big footy. just wondering your (and anyone elses) opinion on the league and its movements.. who are the leading clubs for the 2010 flag and who, in your opinion are the best players in the league . im not in the south west anymore and would love a detailed insite to the 2010 season thusfar.

Few of the top teams in the league at the moment are W'Bool, Terang Mortlake, Cobden and South, And there will be a fight for 5th from a few clubs I guess.
In my opinion I think that Ter/Mort are the preimership favs, they have only been playing for half games this year from reports around the traps, and they have been winning games, Wbool have been playing really well will be interesting to see how they go come finals time. Cobden have a real chance if they can keep there players on the park, Injurys to Key Players will hurt them. South are playing some good footy but have also had some injury concerns. koroit are struggling they have lost a few players from last year, and from the games I have seen them play (only 2 against W'Bool, Cobden) they seem to abuse there own teammates a hell of alot. (S Okeffe may be also in trouble investigation pending). North and Camperdown are really struggling to win any games and be consistent, Port are back to there old habits of recruiting big names and not producing.. same old story....

Hope that helps.....

My top 10 players are:

1. Joel Moloney
2. Liam Ryan
3. Jarrod Thompson
4. Simon O'Keeffe
5. Chris McLaren
6. Damian O'Connor
7. Josh Walters
8. Sam Cowling
9. Steve Staunton
10. Peter Jelbart

thanks for your views local 34 i think after the weekend you would have to agree cobden have slipped away with the absence of some of there better players up forward. i was lucky enough to see the game between camperdown and cobden and they certainly need someone to stand up in the forward line. surely jason rowan is in the top 3 players in the league after kicking a ton the last two years and will most likely top the goal kickers again this year?

Local34 that was a rediculous top 10 of the Hampden League! Im a keen follower of the HFL and in my mind no player even come close to rowen! If every coach in the league had to pick one player first Rowen would be first picked everytime hands down. Terang/Mortlake Just fell in over North Wbool last weekend and from all reports Warrnambool should have ran away with it on the weekend but missing the four or five players out of there senior line up is hard to cover. Sth Wbool r my smoky for the cup, good bunch of young kids who will keep there legs towards the end of the year might see them surprise a few. Chuck the other 4 teams out, its a race between, dowies mob, bloods, kolys express and the low flying bombers. My top 10 players:
1. Jason Rowen
2. Josh Walters
3. Stephen Dickenson
4. Simon Okeefe
5. Ricky Sullivan
6. Liam Ryan
7. Tim Robinson (Best big man in the league)
8. Joel Moloney
9. Ben Goodall
10. Damien McCorkell

thanks for the reply on top i enjoyed your comments and your top 10. any others keen to post a top 10 or 20 if u have the time! lets get this forum up and running!!

My reason for not having Jason Rowan in the top 10 is because he is a flat track bully... When he comes up against the good sides he goes missing, he hasn't produced in big games, Grand Finals, Interleague etc. He only kicked 2 goals against the Bloods this year against the ordinary teams he always kicks his bags of goals.... He has played Interleague twice now and has not been able to register a goal in any of those games, Great players rise to the challenge and his has not...

And in reply to ONTOP, who were the 5 players that the Blues were missing surely not as important as the players the bloods were missing, Jason Moloney, Michael Sargeant, Nathan Couch, Zac Pickett, Matthew Irving, Brett Membrey and Xavier Reicha all probably in the Bloods best line up... But i Know injurys are apart of footy and every club has them....

PS. Good to see some people interested in the HFNL..

Just been reading the papers over the last few weeks in Warrnambool and the big news is that the HFNL Interleague may be in trouble of staying alive and there asking for ideas to help keep the HFNL involved....

Here is my thought just wondering what other people think....

The 1st thing that the League need to do is get the Netball involved... Senior Netball and also maybe U17 netball because this is where we will get some parents and family of the netballers to come along, and the senior netballers have always had a really good side...

The next thing I reckon is they need to schedule it the same weekend as the WDFNL have thier bye round, this might draw more south west football followers to the game.

Also need to have it at the REID Oval, take it to where the people are and that is in Wbool...

The football side of things should go like this..

The U18 match should start at 945am followed by the Geelong Falcons Vs North Ballarat Rebels. This would really provide a great oppurtunity for the league to showcase the juniors that have been pushed down to play at the next level, and not a lot of people get to see how good the talent we have is....

Finally the senior game should be played at 2pm after the TAC game. This would be a an oppurtunity to showacase the HFNL not with only the Senior Football but it should make it exciting for the people of the South West to get out there and see the best talent we have got...

Also the players who make themselves available should be rewarded, senior players should recieve all their match day gear, as well as the U18, also the same with the Netballers.

The league have 12 months to organise it, so they should be able to start working with the WDFNL and also the TAC CUP to arrange the fixture so it can happen...

What do you think? Just a thought

Local 34, Players missing from the warrnambool side on the weekend against the T/M were,
Lucus Boyd, Ashley McCorkell, Adam McCorkell, Daniel O'keefe, Bradley Bull and Hugh Mahony. If both this sides get a full side in i suspect its going to be a great battle. i still think dowies mob has got them covered however.
Fair Call on Rowen, however he did kick 9 against Koroit midway through last year. He does cop alot of attention offen 3 crashing into him and extra man coming in off the side. I walked down the road to the interleague match 2 weekes ago, they had him playing off a flank and in a pocket because straunton can only play kep position in the forward line.
While on the topic of interleague, i really enjoyed your opion on the case. The game def needs to be at the premier ground and facilities. i think you have covered all bases, maybe take it to the league!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back