Hanley, the second coming!

Remove this Banner Ad

I caught that bloke live when he was FF and Gary Moore was CHF in a free exhibition match at Brisbane's Botanical Gardens.

I was there!

Was a few moons ago now......early 80's???? A Friday night if I remember correctly.

Thin Lizzy still one of my all time fave bands, Phil a ripping bass guitarist and top front man/vocalist . Sad that he eventually drank and drugged himself to death.:(

upload_2014-9-5_18-48-52.jpeg

^^^^^^
EDIT: This was awesome

Last edited:
I was there!

Was a few moons ago now......early 80's???? A Friday night if I remember correctly.

Thin Lizzy still one of my all time fave bands, Phil a ripping bass guitarist and top front man/vocalist . Sad that he eventually drank and drugged himself to death.:(
Now without using the internet, and this is a matter of trust now luthoro_O, who was the support band?

Now without using the internet, and this is a matter of trust now luthoro_O, who was the support band?

I genuinely can't remember John.

In fact, I think we may have arrived late after a session at the "old" Embo, and missed the support band completely.

What I do remember is that the TL concert was free, having been sponsored (I think) by the City Council?

Also, upon further scanning of my (severely *ed) memory banks, I'm thinking that it was probably late 70's (1979?)

Last edited:

It's hard to know when it comes to fitness. I've only seen Cian play in a couple of games so it's a small sample size but he definitely seemed to have the athleticism to get around the park comfortably and then carry the ball well. But he's a natural footballer, similar to Pearce, he just looks comfortable with the ball in his hand. I would imagine this will eventually transfer to the oval one as well.
Just out of interest SSK, would you say ACL's are more or less common in Gaelic football than AFL?

In fact, I think we may have arrived late after a session at the "old" Embo, and missed the support band completely.

What I do remember is that the TL concert was free, having been sponsored (I think) by the City Council?

Also, upon further scanning of my (severely ******ed) memory banks, I'm thinking that it was probably late 70's (1979?)

Whakoo ring a bell? Such a Fabulous Dancer was the one hit. Yes was a freebie by BCC and was in the late 70's. Good stuff:thumbsu:

Also, upon further scanning of my (severely ******ed) memory banks, I'm thinking that it was probably late 70's (1979?)

Free thin lizzy show? God I wish I was a teenager in the 80's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back