Hardest Footballers you can remember

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
News is starting to filter through regarding a member of the public abusing Roy Keane (pictured below) to his face. Didn't end well for the Joe Public as he ended up on his arse. This reminded me of the Guardians Football Weekly Podcast discussing the Hardest Managers in which they did a premier league knockout competition.

For mine, when i think of the hardest b@stards to play football, I immediately think of Keano. Note that i don't include snipers as tough guys. My top 5 in no particular order would be:
Roy Keane
Diego Simeone
Paolo Montero
Nemanja Vidic
Sinisa Mihajlovic

Who have i left out?
Keane.jpg

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
if you don't include snipers why is Keane on there? purposely injuring someone isn't hard.

zaba's ended the game taped up a fair few times
I give keano a pass as it was an isolated incident. I was thinking more along the lines of cheap shot artists such as Pepe, Michael Brown or Charlie Adam do not count.

Zabaleta is a great call, love his game and toughness. The only City player i can bring myself to like :)

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Muscat sort of ties in with this too although I suppose he leans more towards the sniper side, he was still a very good footballer when he wasn't sniping though.
I think of Muscat as similar to Dennis Wise. Their late career antics kind of tarnished their careers. I remember seeing Wise (at Millwall) eye gouge Ronaldo in the 04 Cup Final. Couldn't bloody believe it.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I guess you're using the term 'very good footballer' very loosely, there.

I meant more that he could actually play despite only being remembered as a hack, I suppose you have to see him play for a team you support to see him as anything other than a dirty campaigner, but you reap what you sow I suppose.

I love Kev but even I'm willing to admit that on the scale of 'hard' to 'hack' he drifts a bit too far towards being a sniper for this, I just thought the description of Vinnie Jones was an apt one for Muscat too is all.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Actually, i may have found the winner...Big Dunc scared pretty much every defender for a decade. They didn't necessarily fear his ability, they feared for their lives for about 10 year. Thankfully for them, Dunc served a prison sentence during this time. see below players and refs sh*tting their pants....

dunc5.jpg
dunc4.jpg
dunc3.jpg
dunc2.jpg
dunc1.jpg

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Duncan Ferguson, /thread.

Not many pro footballers have put a couple of burglars into hospital for breaking into the wrong house
would be funny to see camera footage of that. imagine their reaction to seeing they'd robbed big duncs house hahaha. Unless they planned it and then they probably got what they deserved.

Duncan Ferguson, /thread.

Not many pro footballers have put a couple of burglars into hospital for breaking into the wrong house

Someone needs to post the Jimmy Bullard laughing at Dunc youtube clip - classic!

Back